Here is my rookie.

Ersin Güngörmez

Weekly salary: $ 3 294
Role: draws a paycheck

DMI: 0
Height: 6'5" / 196 cm
Potential: all-time great
Game Shape: respectable (7)
Jump Shot: respectable (7) Jump Range: inept (4)
Outside Def.: respectable (7) Handling: respectable (7)
Driving: average (6) Passing: respectable (7)
Inside Shot: respectable (7) Inside Def.: mediocre (5)
Rebounding: pitiful (2) Shot Blocking: mediocre (5)
Stamina: pitiful (2) Free Throw: atrocious (1)

Experience: atrocious (1) TSP: 57 (38 + 19)

I have invested in draft. I regreted buying better players on a whim because i decided to stay in the lower division to train players first.Tried to not promote didn't even set any tactics but still promoted. I thought i won't promote after losing first game of PO. I guess it doesn't take much to promote ou of div 4. Now i am trying to upgrade my trainer and youth trainer. Both of them are 4. I don't have cash to buy rank 6 trainers. Just upgraded my gym. I am thinking to sell or fire most of my high salary players so i can afford better staff. I am ok with relegating right away. Does that makes sense? Should i do it?

Also i don't know what kind of balance skills should have. I remember reading things like too much range without not enough JS makes player attempt and miss a lot of long shots etc. If veterans can guide me on this process i will be so glad.

P.S: I hope messagings from NT to sell him will end soon. It is starting to get bothersome. I played this game for 2 seasons 15 yearsago then quit but always wanted to get back and try again this game. I remembered it couple months ago and let my son name the team. Thats his luck. I am keeping Ersin.

Last edited by Beleg at 03/07/2024 03:10:50

This Post:
323173.2 in reply to 323173.1
Date: 03/07/2024 03:54:29
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice player indeed!

What makes sense to you, depends on what you want out of this game. You just want to progress your own drafted player or do you just want to train a guy and optimize your team? You want this guy to eventually end up with 250k-300k/week salary, or would you prefer to keep it below 150k/week? You could chose to sell this guy and buy an MVP potential player for a fraction of that money and spend the rest elsewhere, and you can train him to be a great player with up to 150k salary instead of 300k. The all-time great potential doesn't give you anything besides a higher salary ceiling, so if you don't want that high a salary on your player selling him could benefit your team greatly.

You could still just keep this guy and not train him to reach 250k+ salary, if you're OK with not optimizing your resources and just want the fun of shaping this guy you drafted yourself. No right or wrong answer, just what you prefer.

About selling/relegating, do you want short term success of you're aiming for the long run? If you want to seriously train this guy, you'll have a hard time competing so it might make sense to sell your high salary players to maximize weekly profit with a lower payroll. I'm in the same situation with young trainees, but I just couldn't resist buying great players with the money available and ended up not making any profit and not winning the 'ship either, but I had fun doing so and appreciated the challenge of balancing training and competing. It wasn't best for my team long term, but it was a lot more fun this season than tanking.

About how to train this guy, do you want a unique type of player or just want the best according to current knowledge? You want a great scorer or a passer or a defender, or a blend? There are multiple ways to go about this, again this is just what your preference is. Most training plans for guards/SF's start out with 1vs1 (forwards), so that's a good way to start.

If you give some more answers about your preferences I (and others) can give you better advice how to reach your goal.

This Post:
323173.3 in reply to 323173.2
Date: 03/07/2024 05:15:43
BabiliOksijen
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for reply. I am looking for long term. I don't mind relegating. In real life i like all around two way wing players. I started with OS SG since his range is pretty low.m So i am thinking to offload my higher salary players and keep 2 20 years old MVP back court players and train Ersin single position with the other 2 players getting minutes in turns depending on which one needs the skill Ersin is currently training.

This Post:
323173.4 in reply to 323173.3
Date: 03/07/2024 05:29:05
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
I would suggest doing 1v1 (forwards) training first (until DR is around 17), it quickly trains DR, HA and some JS and IS too, so most of the offensive skills. Most importantly, because of the increased HA it will enable elastic effect for OD and PA, making it a lot faster to train those skills. If you want him to play (defend) as a SF, I suggest training ID until around 14 after (or before) 1v1 training, because it will train very slowly at a later age because of his (lack of) height.
Then afterwards you could train OD until around 20, because that will be slow at later age too.
You'll be a long way at this point, and from here you can train JS (forwards), PA and JR until the levels of your preference.

It's possible to give Ersin and both your MVP's optimal training minutes, you can play each of them for 48 minutes in 1 game in a week. There are a couple of ways to make it work, you can probably find those here on the forums.

This Post:
323173.5 in reply to 323173.4
Date: 03/07/2024 05:52:48
BabiliOksijen
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks a lot for the guidance.

This Post:
323173.6 in reply to 323173.4
Date: 03/07/2024 11:10:13
Dutch Pacers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Great advise Jeroen. Very kind of you to help him out so detailed this way btw...