Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
282862.6 in reply to 282862.5
Date: 12/01/2016 07:29:53
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh, I thought you meant the game manual. I would say the plurality of shots would be attempted by the PF and C, but not the majority. There's certainly a much more equal shot distribution than with low post. It obviously depends on players' skills, but generally speaking.

This Post:
282862.13 in reply to 282862.9
Date: 12/02/2016 16:35:41
Boulettes
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Les Boulettes Utopiennes
At the same time you have already a "Low post" tactic that seems to fit what you are expecting for 'look inside'. You just have to understand that "look inside" does involve all the slashers (DR/IS) playing as PG/SG/SF, and yes they do look for an inside shot.

This Post:
282862.15 in reply to 282862.14
Date: 12/02/2016 17:20:08
Boulettes
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Les Boulettes Utopiennes
"Low post" and 'look inside" are inside tactics but do not behave the same way and not only on the speed aspect. There are a lot of subtleties to all tactics, and it's a long learning curve, longer than simply reading a game manual.

What you have to realise for "look inisde" is that if your inside players are far better thant your PG/SG/SF then they will shoot more than them. You may also find that the passing skill is involved in a good shoot distribution.I took the example of slashers, but it could have been a plain and simple pick'n roll that ends with a driving guard. In both cases it is far different from a"low post" play.

As an example for driving PGs, i had a few seasons back, two PGs exactly the same but one was at 5 IS no ID and the other at 5 ID but no IS. And that small number changed dramatically their way of playing. The one with 5 IS was really good at playing "look inside" in lower division, the other one was just a better defender but wasn't scoring the same way.

you have to acquire that kind of knowledge, and also discover what kind of tactics suits you.

Advertisement