Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/24/2023 07:29:19
Aetos Anogeion B.C.
III.12
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Aetos Anogeion Int.
I wanted to gather the rest of the community thoughts/observations on one spesific topic:

Why players with terrible Driving skill are top of the League in Drives / Game?

Motivation:
You can find in the Transfer List players (mainly the Shoot blocking guys) with JS=DR=1 that are #1 in their League in Drives. This happens regardless of level of player/competition. The game engine gives to those non-skilled (attack-wise) players too many Drives. You can see any elite "shoot Blocker" - even those with Passing.

I can even see it in my C in Utopia Heaven, who is 1st in assists in Leage (so knows how to pass) but still is #2 in Drives.

Assumption/Questions:
The GE evaluates if a good pass exists, and if no pass exists, the guy is "forced" to do a drive?
If he has good in Jump Shoot, would the GE give him a JS instead? What is the threshold?

And the ultimate Q:
If the same player I mentioned above (DR=JS=1) had 20 Driving, what would change?

This Post:
319662.3 in reply to 319662.2
Date: 07/24/2023 13:10:09
Aetos Anogeion B.C.
III.12
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Aetos Anogeion Int.
Ok interesting...

Your comment (since you are also supporter) made me question our Greek Translation. I did a comparison like for like between the Greek and English, and indeed, seems the "Defensive Rebounds per game" is translated as Drives per game (while the Defensive Rebounds (total) is translated correctly).

Seems crazy, but way less crazy than what few of us in Greece thought happens in the GE.

That settles this - but worth getting some more thoughts around what influences the shot selection.

Would high Driving cause high % of Drives as well, or it would make the Efficiency of a Drive better (and thus, due to that potentially cause an increase in amount of drives)?

I never had top players with super low Driving so I can't tell. I am pretty sure that higher JR triggers more 3p even in inside systems on the other side.

If anyone has experience on edge cases, happy to hear.

Message deleted