This Post:
308943.7 in reply to 308943.6
Date: 04/07/2021 04:28:13
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release:
Pilipinas wins against Thailand, 121-96

The Pilipinas Panthers started its Asia Championship Tournament campaign with a win against Thailand Monday night, 121-96.

The Thais gave the Filipinos a run for their money, keeping the game close by the end of the first half, 57-51. Coach Lord Woody had a closed-door discussion with the team during the break. A team source, who wished to remain anonymous, said Coach Woody was infuriated with the team’s lack of outside defense. The team was encouraged to do well in the second half, or else face the prospect of completing 200 pumps after the game.

Three-point shooting proved to be their most valuable asset, as they converted 12 shots from behind the arc, compared to Team Pilipinas’ three. The Panthers’ rebounding and play making skills, however, proved to be too much for the Thais to handle. “We clearly dominated the boards, and our team play improved in the second half. I am still not satisfied with the overall outcome though. I know we can do better”, Coach Woody said in a text message when asked to comment on the team’s performance.

Newcomer Leorio Lovino led the way for the Panthers, scoring a highly efficient 20 points with an 83% field goal clip, 2 rebounds, 5 assists, and 1 steal. Star guard Panithan Kittichontawat led the Thais with 18 points but had to take 18 shots. Rumor has it Panithan was watching videos of Russell Westbrick before the game.

The Panthers are expected to win against 86th seed Pakistan, while Thailand looks forward to get its first win against heavily favored Australia.

This Post:
308943.8 in reply to 308943.6
Date: 04/07/2021 04:36:33
Radioactives
III.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Bench Warmers
I like the Mono-Spirit name haha

This Post:
308943.9 in reply to 308943.8
Date: 04/20/2021 04:55:12
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release
Pilipinas wallops Pakistan, 125-51

Team Pilipinas wasted no time in beating Pakistan, 125-51 at the Bikini Bottom Arena Monday night. Ramsey Paspe led 11 Pilipinas players with 22 points. “I felt good out there. I feel like my wind and legs are getting under me with each and every minute I’m playing.”

It was a dominating performance for Team Pilipinas, who have beaten the Pakistanis so badly they were nearly sent to the Outworld. Rumor has it, Shang Tsung was seen floating atop the arena during the game.

Coach Lord Woody was very pleased with the team’s performance. “I’m happy with what the boys did. I wanted to get everyone to play. Admittedly, I totally forgot to bring in Rodolfh - at least he played more minutes than Jameson Curry,” Coach Woody chuckled.

Pilipinas is expected to flex its full might against the UAE, while Pakistan will try to get its first win against Australia.

This Post:
308943.12 in reply to 308943.11
Date: 04/27/2021 06:21:58
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release:
Pilipinas thumps UAE, 131-52

Team Pilipinas took the fight out of the Emiratis last night, beating them by 79 points, 131-52.

Kidlat Celebria and Dingdong Fornoles led the Filipino charge with 26 points each, shooting a combined 70% clip from the field (including 73% from behind the arc). By contrast, the UAE starters shot a poor 12% from the field (9/76). Unconfirmed reports say UAE coach Sunny-boy forgot to adjust the game difficulty from Hall of Fame to Starter before fielding his team. The Emiratis also did not have a strong Wi-Fi connection until the fourth quarter, where they scored 23 points – nearly half the total team’s output for the entire game.

“I am happy our boys did really well today. We hope to continue the momentum next week when we face Singapore,” Coach Lord Woody said after the game.

The Filipinos are expected to win against Singapore, while the UAE will most likely going to slug it out against Pakistan.

This Post:
308943.13 in reply to 308943.12
Date: 05/06/2021 06:19:54
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release
Pilipinas destroys Singapore, 129-77

Kidlat Celebria scored 23 points to lead six scorers in double figures and Team Pilipinas pulled away to rout Singapore, 129-77 Monday night.

The Filipinos began the game with a 42-point first quarter, and did not look back. “I’m just glad we are racking up the points against our opponents. We still have two more games left, and our primary objective is to win both match-ups and advance to the next round,” Coach Lord Woody said after the game. “We currently have the second highest point differential in the tournament (behind Hong Kong), so all of this will be for nothing if we do not make the necessary preparations. We need to practice really hard”, said Lord Woody. “Because of this, I look forward to have RC (Cardino) shoot a couple more shots during our team practice this Thursday”. Cardino finished the game with 0 of 6 shooting from the field.

The Filipinos will next face Indonesia (3-1), while Singapore plans to get their third win in the tournament against Australia (4-0).

This Post:
308943.15 in reply to 308943.14
Date: 05/08/2021 02:19:08
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Im sure Otons GS will improve we can manage for now but in the next round lets do a better job with GS. We are a nation of 211 active teams compared to Malaysia with 15 active teams. Granted only a small population or roughly 10% percent train u21/NT players we are a big nation compared to Malaysia. The problem here is Malaysia is at par (or even better) with us in talent.

We are recruiting more trainers who have a good heart who can manage having a u21/nt player in their roster for a good many seasons. So im calling out the more veteran teams to do their part. Hindi ko muna iaasa sa bagong teams they are still struggling with competing ang managing their finances. Training 1 or 2 players is not a big deal in your league progression. We have to carry that burden for now for the good of the program. My own trainees are maturing and it cost me a few seasons in div 2 im back to Div 1 not a big deal for me.

So i hope some of the vets can PM coaches Jeorge and Morwood or draft well next season and beyond. We need all the help we can. One of our best u21 trainers is currently in the PPL competing in div 1 so we are proud to have someone relatively new to the game and effectively train for Seniors. If he can do it i am sure the other vets can do it.

Last edited by Ob1 at 05/08/2021 02:36:57

Message deleted
This Post:
308943.17 in reply to 308943.15
Date: 05/15/2021 22:02:29
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release:
Pilipinas defeats Indonesia, 99-83

The Pilipinas Panthers continue their win streak in the Asian Championship Tournament, beating Indonesia, 99-83.

Gabriel Hosillos led the Filipinos with 19 points, but shot a poor 25% from the field. He made up for it by converting 13 of 15 free throws. “At least I know how to convert free throws,” Hosillos said after the game.

Coach Lord Woody was not impressed with the team’s performance. “The good news is we converted 94% of our free throw attempts. We have to do better in the field when we face Australia on Monday.”

Advertisement