BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - III.5 > What's on the line for season 49?!?

What's on the line for season 49?!?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/26/2020 07:41:35
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to the spring campaign! I think this season we have a eclectic mix of teams so this should be fun! Mof is our visitor from the hallowed ground of d2 but he seems to be in a Milwaukee Lethargy type mode with his 171k beast and s lot of retirees. So I think this league is massively up for grabs! Will it be one of the established teams that come to the fire or will it be one of the newcomers who roar? Thought? Comments?

This Post:
303458.2 in reply to 303458.1
Date: 02/26/2020 13:56:15
Deronimo
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Really like my chances this season

This Post:
303458.3 in reply to 303458.1
Date: 02/27/2020 00:29:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Just coming through to train my young guys and mind my own business. Sloan will be mainly used for the cup. Have fun everyone

This Post:
303458.4 in reply to 303458.3
Date: 02/28/2020 01:05:49
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
https://youtu.be/7fdhI3qUdSs

Your opening montage shows scenes of those who have been here fading away to be replaced by the images of those who now populate the league.

Announcer: after a season of seismic change in slaughterhouse five where stalwarts stepped up and other teams who had gained a little bit of legacy in the league stepped away we now have a crew focused on the new. While for those who have been here for the recent past look at what the landscape to see if they have title hopes on that horizon.

Over the the big 8 aka big blue

The grizzled generals are trying to blend their mix of old and young into a championship concoction. While newcomers the Pittsburgh Pressure take their first dive into the depths of d3.

The breathers are looking for a breakthrough season while start surprised by surviving their maiden excursion and now look to move up the ranks.

The tribe and wolves tangle is a battle of fresh meat

While the bunnies will break in JFFC into the realities of slaughterhouse life.

Over in the great 8 aka club red

Bacon and egg are hoping their second serving in the slaughterhouse is more satisfying than their initial taste

The thieves stole some thunder last season with a solid showing now they look to avoid getting snake bit by the vipers

The penguins get to waddle into action with a visit from a master's team that might be ready to make moves after many seasons settled in the middle of the table.

And the squizzies start off with the chic choice to take home the crown as the Lumberjacks come calling.

And with the many changes to the leagues composition there also are changes to the crew. League pbp man Lee Thomas took off to take on exclusive responsibility of calling his old club Deronimo return to d2 so that means his color man Alfred Webb will now be joined in the booth by his old friend and former Generals teammate Andy Armstead as Double A steps asaide as the voice of the generals to Grace us all with his unique talents. Sybil the soothsayer however is still here to seer into her crystal ball. And the transfer ticket as always give us a clue on how things might fall. So sit gown and get ready our crew will keep things nice and steady as even with all the changes and the new arrangements there is always time for BB2NIGHT!!!

This Post:
303458.5 in reply to 303458.4
Date: 03/03/2020 00:17:37
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
https://youtu.be/n9NGCikXPGM

a opening montage of the ooening night action showcasing the highs and the lows.

announcer: with one down and 21 to go we will kearn more about who is in the mix or who us in a bit of a fix. for several teams tonight could fan the championship flames while for others it may be a harbinger of bad times

in club red

the Lumberjacks and egg face off looking for a early leg up

masters makes their home debut facing the vipers

theives looks to have the free lap with mof moseying on by

and bacon seeks to sneak back to .500 against the penguins

in the blue

the generals will try to ride a strong opening showing again JCFC who pulled the shocker of opening night in knocking off the bunnies

speaking of which the bunnies seek to bounce back afaunst srar

the tribe thundered to a resounding ooening night win, lets see how they fare against the breathers in hostile confines

and pressure and wolves tangle in a trip to avoid a early trip into the cellar

sybil will have her say. the day by day recap of the transfer ticker is on the way and Alfred and Andy will give their angles on the nights play. so stick and stay... BB2NIGHT is here to brighten your day!

This Post:
303458.6 in reply to 303458.5
Date: 03/06/2020 23:40:16
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
https://youtu.be/BpI1fcJdFrA

a typical montage of action introduces the festivities

announcer: two games in and the pecking order is being established. but there are still lots of opportunities for the dynamic to change. will this evening see a continuation of current circumstances or is there due a shake up to the early staus quo?

over in true blue

the generals look to extend their record to 3-0 while srar hopes to play spoiler

the bunnies and pride tussle in a game with potential long term implications

JCFC seeks to storm past SK to keep themselves in the discussion

while the breathers seek to put down rhe pressure to retain their early edge.

over in club red

the thieves look to poach the eggs to stay unbeaten

bacon amd vipers is a contest with importance to the victor

the Lumberjacks look to put down the penguins

and masters takes the free lap against mof

sybil seers into her crystal ball, the transfer ticker looks to tell us what talent is on the way out and on the way in, amd alfred and andy tells us what is ablut to behin as its tome again for BB2NIGHT

This Post:
303458.7 in reply to 303458.6
Date: 03/09/2020 22:11:32
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
https://youtu.be/ZOXYlPpRLmM

tonights opening montage focuses on the give and go, the back door cut, the drive and dish to the open man on the perimeter.

annpuncer: as the season chugs along the storylines are starting to develop, tonight another chapter will go into the book

In club red...

masters and egg tangle to see who is going to stay inside the playoff race and who for the moment slips to the second division

the Lumberjacks look to stay unbeaten against the struggling vipers

the thieves seek to keep pace against winless Chippewa

and bacon looks to feast on the free lap of the squizzies

in true blue....

the breathers look to bump off JFFC to stay in the drivers seat

though the generals will seek to stay up front with them against tribe

the bunnies though are hot on their trail and look to lock up a home win against pressure to stay thst way

while srar and Sk will look to escape the cellar

sybil will seer into her crystal ball. of course we will check the transfer ticker to see ehat moves are afoot. and a&a will give their views to boot. to spend your evening any other way would be moot as its time again for BB2NIGHT

This Post:
303458.8 in reply to 303458.7
Date: 03/13/2020 21:32:22
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
https://youtu.be/pdSTu0vrYsc

instead of the usual highlight filled montage tonight we show team doctors administering convid19 screenings

announcer: unlike the rest of the sports world buzzerbeater will not let some pandemic keep us from our appointed duties, nor will it keep those hearty fans from seeing their teams do battle. and for those coming to tonights games we have a special prize pack! each bleacher fan receives a bag with one cotton mask adorned in your teams logo, lower level ticket holders also get two rolls of toilet paper AND courtside fans also get a tube of info wars nanosilver toothpaste! and for Luxury box supporters a special treat as they also get a Jim Bakker apocalypse food bucket !

and now for tonights matchups...

in big blue....

in a battle of unbeatens the generals face off against mouthbreathers, thpugh the visiting teams fans will not be getting any of Alex Jones toothpaste as generals management has decided to ban them!

the bunnies get thrown to the wolves

JFFC takes on the tribe

and the pressure should feel none with winless srar in town

in club red....

the Lumberjacks seek to avoid a trap at masters

theives and bacon battle for 2nd

egg looks to keep pace against vipers

and the penguins and squizzies seek to stay out of the basemwnt

sybil will have her say, the transfer ticker is on the way and a&a give their thoughts on the last few days. so hunker down in your bunker as its time again foe BB2NIGHT

This Post:
303458.9 in reply to 303458.8
Date: 03/14/2020 21:41:42
Overall Posts Rated:
@coachlambini it's not enough you had to beat me on a TV game but you had to injure my trainee in the first minute of the game? SMH. This outrage will not be forgotten in our next matchup.

Also, nobody beats the mouthbreathers 3 times in a row. (Unless they do.) But they won't. (I hope.)

I also realized that apparently you're my team's rival, so I definitely should have spent a little enthusiasm for the sake of the fan ratings. Good game, rivalry is definitely heating up!

This Post:
303458.10 in reply to 303458.9
Date: 03/14/2020 23:20:04
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
@coachlambini it's not enough you had to beat me on a TV game but you had to injure my trainee in the first minute of the game? SMH. This outrage will not be forgotten in our next matchup.

Also, nobody beats the mouthbreathers 3 times in a row. (Unless they do.) But they won't. (I hope.)

I also realized that apparently you're my team's rival, so I definitely should have spent a little enthusiasm for the sake of the fan ratings. Good game, rivalry is definitely heating up!

but the generals have beaten you the last three times, of course all three meeting have been at my place, things probably will be different when we meet towards seasons end. I found your decision to go Princeton peculiar. and sorry we had to thug out your PG, and your depth had been compromised already. the season is mighty young yet, and the bunnies are sitting in the shadows wsiting to pounce in case either of us falter.

now the question is

This Post:
303458.11 in reply to 303458.10
Date: 03/16/2020 22:26:48
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
https://youtu.be/QrE_cDvcgJg

tonight's montage shows players doing the little things, the hustling for a rebound, tapping out a missed free throw, setting screens, boxing out so someone else can clear the boards and stepping in front of a player to take that momentum changing charge.

announcer: its the kittle things that add up, and so far it has been the teams who have had players who have done more than the sums of their parts who are seeing the most success.

over in club red...

the penguins and vipers both look to take a small step up the standings

while masters it seems is clearing the decks to prepare for better days while the theives are tryong to scheme their way to a strong season.

the Lumberjacks look to hold home serve against bacon to bolster their strong showing

while the squizzies seem satisfied with just setving as scrimmage fodder for championship hopefuls like egg

while in true blue...

srar seeks a needed win against a tribe team that looks to be embracing the tank

the breathers look to bounce back against the wolves

JFFC looks to see how well they can handle the pressure

and the generals put their unbeaten ledger on the line with a trip to the cave to face a bunnies club seeking to stay on pace with the top of the table

sybil will have her say... a&a will put us on our way and the transfer ticker as always tells us much about where each franchise sees itself at the end of the day. so as move one stel closer to the end of the first round robin we promise your team will not be forgotten as its time again for BB2NIGHT!!