This Post:
Date: 07/06/2009 09:21:17
Overall Posts Rated:
i o $ -341 339 how can i get money to fix this

This Post:
100278.2 in reply to 100278.1
Date: 07/06/2009 09:29:25
Overall Posts Rated:
You might want to sell some players so that you don't go bankrupt. And to lower your ticket prices, so that you actually fill more than 40% of your arena.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
100278.3 in reply to 100278.2
Date: 07/06/2009 09:33:29
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
1st.. lower your ticket prices..maxing them out is not very smart..
2nd.. You have a bench warmer and a starter on your team, anything lower than a star is a waste of time and money..
3rd.. sell some players so you can get back in the black...-341,000 ouch

This Post:
100278.4 in reply to 100278.3
Date: 07/06/2009 09:38:51
Overall Posts Rated:
2nd.. You have a bench warmer and a starter on your team, anything lower than a star is a waste of time and money..

Not if you don't train them.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
100278.5 in reply to 100278.4
Date: 07/06/2009 10:38:19
Overall Posts Rated:
you have a big problem and you have to do exactly what i say if you want to get out of this hole. of course there is a good chance you will go down but this is not necessarily a bad thing in your case.

1. Fire all of your staff members except your trainer. I hope he is already 4 orabove because you are certainly out of position to pursuit one.

2. You should fire those players, dont even try to sell them because noone will want them. If you do not think so, list them immediately at low prices and be sure you get rid of them till next sunday:

-Edgar Chambers
-Boris Leduc
-Marshall Davis

3. List Mick Dempsey for 400-500 k. He has nice potential which has no meaning for you but rookies will like him. List the player with wages above 4500 for 200k with no exceptions.

4. I dont think you need to change your ticket prices. The money will possibly stay the same.

After those steps, you should look at the situation again and if you were unable to sell at least 5-6 of yourplayers then list them for a little bit lower. When you have enough money, buy 3 potentially nice 18years olds with at least 4500 wage and start training them.

This Post:
100278.6 in reply to 100278.5
Date: 07/06/2009 10:56:23
Overall Posts Rated:

1. Fire all of your staff members except your trainer. I hope he is already 4 orabove because you are certainly out of position to pursuit one.

I agree with #1.

2. You should fire those players, dont even try to sell them because noone will want them. If you do not think so, list them immediately at low prices and be sure you get rid of them till next sunday:

-Edgar Chambers
-Boris Leduc
-Marshall Davis

I don't really agree with this - these are all his lowest salaried players. Who is going to play for him if he sells off 5-6 guys as you suggest below? Anyhow, they're not the reason he is going bankrupt.

3. List Mick Dempsey for 400-500 k. He has nice potential which has no meaning for you but rookies will like him. List the player with wages above 4500 for 200k with no exceptions.

I don't agree with the price here either but would have to see Dempsey's skills. Potential doesn't mean much for an untrained 23 year old. If you are able to fool a new player, it will mean he went for over market value and you could be subject to a transfer price adjustment.

4. I dont think you need to change your ticket prices. The money will possibly stay the same.

Did you even look at his ticket prices or how many seats he is selling? He's at the max price for everything. That's ok for his courtside and luxury boxes. But he could do much better with even a small reduction in price for his bleachers and lower tier.

After those steps, you should look at the situation again and if you were unable to sell at least 5-6 of yourplayers then list them for a little bit lower. When you have enough money, buy 3 potentially nice 18years olds with at least 4500 wage and start training them.

He needs money now and has no time to monkey around. So there is no time for him to put guys on the market, see what happens and then list them again. He's got to list whoever he sells for the lower end of transfer compare and hope that will be enough to sell them.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
100278.7 in reply to 100278.6
Date: 07/06/2009 11:11:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Given the seeming time crunch, lowering prices doesn't help anything. It should be done... but the affects of said change won't happen until August anyway.

It's unfortunate that you have 2 guys out for a while... having 14 players means you probably have too many for an affective team... but with only 12 healthy players, assuming you are playing scrimmages (I didn't check)... it is just about right.

But, you are going to have to sell a couple of guys off. You don't have much of a choice.

I too would keep the cheap guys for now... you'll need someone to play once you sell off the more desirable parts of your roster.

This Post:
100278.8 in reply to 100278.6
Date: 07/06/2009 13:01:17
Overall Posts Rated:
its not fooling to sell an mvp potential guy at 400k especially at wage around 5000. mvps can be trained well even when they are 23 so if skill set is well rounded, it might be a starting stone for a new franchise.

There is no way he is improving with this squad and economical situation so why keep players with low salaries. Those guys are useless and not profitable. i agree they do not affect the balance too much but if you donot have any targets for season then its quite possible to clean up your squad.

As far as i could observe about the arena situation:

When ticket prices are high, number of spectators are lower than usual. But the thing is when you lower them, this does not translate into more money in your account. yes there will be more spectators but they will pay less so it is just a small difference between these two options.

This Post:
100278.9 in reply to 100278.8
Date: 07/06/2009 13:18:40
Overall Posts Rated:
its not fooling to sell an mvp potential guy at 400k especially at wage around 5000. mvps can be trained well even when they are 23 so if skill set is well rounded, it might be a starting stone for a new franchise.

To make use of the MVP potential, the player needs to be trained for at least 5 seasons, maybe more. By that time, the guy will be 28 and well past his prime. Any smart user would be better served to spend their 400k elsewhere. So yes, you would just be fooling a new user.

There is no way he is improving with this squad and economical situation so why keep players with low salaries. Those guys are useless and not profitable.

They are incredibly useful for keeping his salaries low. He will not be in a position to buy players in the near future and needs to keep at least 12 players on his team.

As far as i could observe about the arena situation:

When ticket prices are high, number of spectators are lower than usual. But the thing is when you lower them, this does not translate into more money in your account. yes there will be more spectators but they will pay less so it is just a small difference between these two options.

Your observation about the arena situation is not the reality. High ticket prices like that drive the fans away in droves. If his ticket prices are 25% less but he's bringing in 50% more spectators, he's making more money than before.

However, as someone stated, he won't be able to change his prices for another few weeks, so it doesn't help him right now.

This Post:
100278.10 in reply to 100278.9
Date: 07/06/2009 13:28:13
Overall Posts Rated:
In lower leagues, you do not need your players to be 10k players. This guy can be useful for a user playing in a lower league to promote. Can he find better players or better trainees? yes probably but it does not necessarily mean this player does not deserve to be paid. I bought a player 25 years old and he improved pretty well with mvp potential. While they will be limited by their age, you donot have to train or keep them in your team.

Why does he have to keep 12 players on his roster? He needs a quick fix on his balance and then rebuild. If he stays, well done. If he cant then be it. He just needs to keep his trainees and in his case there are not many good trainees in his roster.

I am not a 100 percent sure on ticket prices. As i said, i tried it before and observed maxing the prices out is not a harmful action to take. I will not challenge your opinion here, everyone can try and decide which one is working better for himself.

This Post:
100278.11 in reply to 100278.10
Date: 07/06/2009 13:58:26
Overall Posts Rated:
I bought a player 25 years old and he improved pretty well with mvp potential. While they will be limited by their age, you donot have to train or keep them in your team.

A player does not improve faster with higher potential. The only thing that potential does is put a soft cap on how high their skills can go. So - the only reason to want a guy with MVP potential over announcer potential is to push his skills up to a very high level. Not to mention that older players improve slower than younger ones.

So you can say whatever you want, but that $400,000 that you talk about is a lot better spent on a guy with allstar potential but who is 18 or 19.

Why does he have to keep 12 players on his roster? He needs a quick fix on his balance and then rebuild. If he stays, well done. If he cant then be it. He just needs to keep his trainees and in his case there are not many good trainees in his roster.

For game shape purposes, he should not be playing anyone more than 65 minutes. His best chance to win, as a guy starting out, is to keep all his players in strong-proficient game shape. This will help him much more than any of the players on his roster.

I am not a 100 percent sure on ticket prices. As i said, i tried it before and observed maxing the prices out is not a harmful action to take.

It is not harmful to keep your prices maxed if you are selling out or very close to it. However, when you are miles away from selling out, lowering your ticket prices is the usually the best choice (I say usually because I can't say what happens with a 20,000+ arena ;-) ).

Why would the BBs give a ticket price option if the best option is always to keep prices maxed out?