BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Substitutions Questions?

Substitutions Questions?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
275778.21 in reply to 275778.20
Date: 01/09/2016 17:45:53
Overall Posts Rated:
What do you connect training to though? Just give it to them for free?

That is the usual response, and it is completely, absolutely 100% bogus. Pretty much every sport team management site uses training, nowhere is it free, and nowhere else except Hattrick is it so illogical.

If you want to defend training, get real.

This Post:
275778.23 in reply to 275778.21
Date: 01/09/2016 20:48:13
Monkeykid Maniacs
III.12
Overall Posts Rated:
Why don't you give some examples then? Instead of whine about how it doesn't work the way you want to and how "almost every other game" does it better, why don't you give an actual example? What game does it right? How do they do it?

You can't expect me to just magically believe it can be done better without providing any examples of it being done better. I'm not defending the system, I just don't honestly know how else they would do it other than tie it to actual playing time.

This Post:
275778.24 in reply to 275778.23
Date: 01/10/2016 10:04:48
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Let's start by saying Buzzerbeater is my favourite
and all things considered this really is the most bizarre way of training, but here goes:

Charazay
Trains every player once a week - two skill choices
Players train at a rate slowing down by age
Trainers have a rating for each skill

Powerplay
Players train every day
Essentially you have to train or buy the trainers as well as build the training facility
Players train at different speeds based on a quality number

Arena Hockey
Trains every day - More a player plays in the game faster trained
Players train at different speeds based on a quality number
also have to build up training facilities

This Post:
275778.25 in reply to 275778.24
Date: 01/10/2016 11:56:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Stay with me Headless T Gunner :)

I'm not complaining about the training sistem, I'm just suggesting new ideas, which would improve BB. Perpete, what do you think? Is it a bad or a good idea? Would you present my ideas to game developers?

This Post:
275778.27 in reply to 275778.25
Date: 01/10/2016 12:05:02
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Not really complaining here either
games have their rules, though some are strange

my substitutions have been crazy lately
last scrimmage Utopia:

PG A/A/A
SG B/B/B
SF C/F/F
PF D/F/G
C E/E/E (Training Player)

Last 4 minutes G plays his only minutes at Center
while my training player who's listed as a SF moves to SG???????
Strictly follow depth chart

This Post:
275778.28 in reply to 275778.7
Date: 01/10/2016 17:24:36
Overall Posts Rated:
the BB's has known about this for a long time. But as the fix would need changes in the GE and that changing things there is extremely hard and time consuming(the BB's words). I don't think we will see changes in this any time soon or perhaps ever.
It's been speculated multiple times (by me among others) that the sub patterns are based on at least one coefficient which is used in evaluating the relative strength of the starter and backup at any point in the game. When the starter+coefficient are not high enough the substitution occurs. In fact in CPfDC when the backup is much better than the starter (so the coefficient is not enough for the designated starter to beat the backup) he will start the game instead.

If this is the case Marin could look into change thoe coefficients to give us something more flexible.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 01/10/2016 17:24:54

This Post:
275778.30 in reply to 275778.23
Date: 01/11/2016 00:26:44
Overall Posts Rated:
Why don't you give some examples then?
You can't expect me to just magically believe it can be done better without providing any examples of it being done better.

Thanks to Headless T Gunner for giving some examples. Crazy, instead of whining you could look at pretty much ANY other game and see a better example -- don't be lazy. I'm not naming the other basketball game I play because I don't want to be stalked, and I thought BB doesn't want other games given good reviews in these threads. I can tell you the progress of the players in the basketball game I play is realistic and logical and a result of a sophisticated training regimen. The progress of the players is central to the game and essential if you want to win anything. It is not "free," so any time I see that red herring dragged into the conversation here it carries no weight.

This Post:
275778.31 in reply to 275778.30
Date: 01/11/2016 13:48:51
Monkeykid Maniacs
III.12
Overall Posts Rated:
No reason to be a jerk or make an ass out of yourself by assuming I'm lazy. Are you really expecting me to go and sign up for a bunch of random sports sims and stick with them long enough to understand their training systems just to see whether or not you even have any point?

If "any other game" has an example, why does it need to be the other basketball game you play? Can't you use a non-competitor? You didn't even have to name the game just describe how it works and why it's better.

I currently play 3 other sport sims and have used 4 others in the past that I've lost interest in. How do they do training?

1 is pretty much identical to how this game does it.

1 is still tied directly to playing time, but the full team trains instead of individual players. In addition to that, you don't really have control over what trains... they have maximums in every attribute and slowly inch towards that given they receive enough playing time before the point where they stop growing. Not really a better system in my view.

4 of the games do not actually have training systems in any capacity and instead players just naturally grow towards their peak numbers unless they get too old to improve before maxing out.

and the last one lets you use your cash to boost the attributes of players instead of an actual training system. I don't like that either since it sounds exploitable.

So no, I can't just look to any other game to find a better system.

Now a big "thank you" to Headless T Gunner for actually providing real examples. I've never played any of those games (never even heard of the first), but at least can use the info provided to form an opinion.

Charazzy's system does sound good to me. I like the skill choice selection and the ability to train all players. I do wonder if any skills have caps though or if a player can be stacked on two skills be training just those two forever and if that could mess with the balance. Are there any side-effects or down sides?

I don't understand the "quality number" system, but at least for Arena Hockey, playing time sounds like it's still a factor. I also don't like the lack of control for what gets trained... so it sounds like the latter 2 are in the majority I played that don't have "real" training systems, but rather universal player growth that at most, you can speed up with a training budget of some sort.

Advertisement