Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/25/2023 12:44:14
Rim Reapers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Big Bad Reapers
So I'm trying to understand how the initial listed position of my draft pick will impact his salary and training

I got a PF draft pick but his height and initial skill set make him a good option to train as a PG/SG
I find this an interesting pick because I am assuming I can get much more out of him in terms of potential by developing guard skills that will not consume potential of PF skills. A couple of questions:
- Since he is a PF, I am assuming I will be supremely underpaying for this guy in the future. Is that correct?
- Will the listed position reset at some point and increase the salary of this player a lot?
- Is there any impact to his training schedule as a guard because he is a listed PF?

Has anyone played with this before? Interested to know your thoughts here

Cheers!

This Post:
319341.2 in reply to 319341.1
Date: 05/25/2023 13:12:59
sheert devils
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
sheert devils II
designated position has no bearing on potential or training. you can train him as a guard and he will transform into a guard with no problem. his salary will be dependent on skills.

This Post:
319341.3 in reply to 319341.1
Date: 05/25/2023 15:04:08
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
Position is determined by the salary formula - (160760.16).
Whichever position causes the highest salary is what the player is listed as. So yes, if you train a PF in outside skills, it's likely the PG salary will become larger than the PF salary, and he will then be listed as a PG.

Based on that:
- Since he is a PF, I am assuming I will be supremely underpaying for this guy in the future. Is that correct?

No. But sometimes drafting like this can be beneficial in other ways, for example maybe this PF has great starting levels of IS/ID (which is harder to train on short players).

- Will the listed position reset at some point and increase the salary of this player a lot?

Yep.

- Is there any impact to his training schedule as a guard because he is a listed PF?

No it makes no difference, the main factors will be things like age, height, other skills (for elastic purposes).

This Post:
319341.4 in reply to 319341.3
Date: 05/25/2023 21:32:40
Rim Reapers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Big Bad Reapers
Thanks a lot. Makes sense indeed

I was thinking this situation would be too good to be true, and it is!

Cheers!