BuzzerBeater Forums

BB New Zealand > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
306050.2 in reply to 306050.1
Date: 09/09/2020 12:52:09
PortosConnection
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
I am available to discuss with everyone

This Post:
306050.3 in reply to 306050.2
Date: 09/09/2020 18:45:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Impressive resume. Got my vote at this stage, champ!

This Post:
306050.4 in reply to 306050.3
Date: 09/09/2020 19:02:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow. Just read the new speech from 11AC11. Tu Meke. You got my vote.

This Post:
306050.5 in reply to 306050.2
Date: 09/10/2020 01:52:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Question for DunkerJoe.

You talked about managing U21 teams (Algeria and France), but do you have any experience managing NT teams?

If so, could you please tell us which teams you managed and could you explain what you achieved with the team(s)?

If not, what are you planning to achieve, both in terms of results, as well as in disregard to results.

Thanks.

This Post:
306050.6 in reply to 306050.5
Date: 09/10/2020 02:18:22
PortosConnection
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for your question.

I have been part twice of the NT French staff.
The first time was to do communication with all the managers.
The last time was from season 41 to 43. This time, I participated to the tactical discussions and scouted players too.

During those seasons, we ended up in the Euro semi-finals in s41 :
(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/world/standings.aspx?teamid=1...)
then 5th of the World Cup, in s42 :
(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/world/standings.aspx?teamid=1...)

Combined with the fact that I was also a top league player in France, I have the experience in terms of tactics, dealing with high level players, of course, and also communication with all the managers.

And when, I was the U21 NT french coach, I also worked for making both U21 and A teams and staff closer.
It seems important to me in terms of organization to have smart discussions between coaches for the same country and healp each other in a way that seems fine for both (saving young potentials from botification when we have a free slot we won't use otherwise, for instance).

Last edited by DunkerJoe at 09/10/2020 02:23:51

This Post:
306050.7 in reply to 306050.6
Date: 09/10/2020 03:07:18
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for that.

Question for all candidates.

There are only 19 users in New Zealand. How are you going to build a community so that we could hopefully keep this nation active and possibly build a foundation that will hopefully lead to a successful NT program into the future?

In other words:
Do you have any plans to keep this nation active?

This Post:
306050.8 in reply to 306050.7
Date: 09/10/2020 03:41:20
PortosConnection
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes.

There are 2 parts :
- keeping those 19 users by helping them if they to want to, and having fun together.
- trying to develop the community.

A few ideas that I give to everyone, independently from the result of those elections :

- There are now tons of content available to help new and older players to develop their team and their players.
Finding them, moderating them, renewing them and gathering them is a big task, but necessary

- Giving responsibilities and chances of investment for everyone interested.
An active community can't only be made of content consumers, somehow, in my opinion.
This is why I said in my speech that I was ready to invite everyone to work together, for example in the national team.
But there are many other ways.
Let's start from what people like to do or discover and, after that, let's find more ideas

- Media
Like I said, I manage a media called BuzzerbeaterNews (only in french for now, with monthly podcasts (http://www.mediassion.info/buzzerbeaternews/).
This is the kind of initiative that community like : creating and giving content around the game in a rolepay, pedogogical way or other perspective.
So, I may easily create on the website a "NZ part" for interviews, resumes, etc...
Or create a dedicated website for NZ.
This may help grow visibility for the community on the internet.
Of course, any content would be announced on those NT forums.

And there are also videos on Youtube, etc.
Maybe we can ask Woodward Games who streams on YouTube a lot about another sport management game to make some videos altogether ?

All of this can't be done alone, of course. It depends on community investment and interests too.
But I think that launching projects in a collaborative way works fine.

Last edited by DunkerJoe at 09/10/2020 03:53:40

This Post:
306050.9 in reply to 306050.7
Date: 09/10/2020 15:57:35
Overall Posts Rated:
Mate, to be honest I think 19 is a massive stretch. I know it says that on the NZ page, but by the looks 5-6 of those will be bots in the next couple of weeks. So I would say we are left with 10-12 teams that are possible to have engaged in any plans moving forward. I would be happy if we could get half of those active and contributing to both the U21 and the NT. I know myself and Hoddy also have utopian teams that will basically be used as farms for training Kiwis. If with the utopian teams we can get to 6-8 teams training and working together then I think we will be in a position where we can even start to look to train U21 and NT players separately.

By separately I am referring to the fact that optimal training for U21 players is actually different to NT players. U21 players need to be trained in primary skills straight away and basically the whole way through until they are 21. If we can get 6-8 teams training then we may be able to earmark 1-2 trainees per season who can be trained especially for the NT. Usually this involves training the secondary skilll positions earlier so that the salary is kept under control for managers over a longer period of time.

Either way I think the most important thing is to find another couple of managers that can help out with all plans over the next 5-10 seasons. As I mentioned this isn’t results based at all in the short term.

Chers