BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Philippines > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
303261.2 in reply to 303261.1
Date: 02/25/2020 22:02:02
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
For tatamka and other candidates:

We are in a state of rebuilding our Seniors, this is more work than results. The next Senior coach is not expected to get medals in the first term but to build a successful core that can compete in the World stage. Training Nt prospects goes a long way with me even for foreigners who seek the nt job. Realistically, a silver is the best we can hope for in Asia but to be honest we are still 7 seasons away from being truly competitive. You can join our Nt thread, just have google translate handy. Best of luck to you and all the candidates.

To: Ob1
This Post:
303261.3 in reply to 303261.2
Date: 02/26/2020 00:26:34
La Ribera B.C.
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Ribera Oilers
For tatamka and other candidates:

We are in a state of rebuilding our Seniors, this is more work than results. The next Senior coach is not expected to get medals in the first term but to build a successful core that can compete in the World stage. Training Nt prospects goes a long way with me even for foreigners who seek the nt job. Realistically, a silver is the best we can hope for in Asia but to be honest we are still 7 seasons away from being truly competitive. You can join our Nt thread, just have google translate handy. Best of luck to you and all the candidates.

This is one of the reasons for me to want to be your NT. This is a great project (in others NT, you don't have enough time to help managers because you know if you don't win...).

But I think that it's possible to compite with a mixture of young players in process to be a great NT players, and veterans... to motivate managers (It's difficult to train a player with 28 if you know that when he is 31 the NT manager will convocate other player with less skills only because is younger). This is the balance object to reach.

Thanks for your message that confirm the real state of the NT.

This Post:
303261.4 in reply to 303261.3
Date: 02/26/2020 01:41:26
Overall Posts Rated:
We don't train anymore at age 28 except stam and ft's. My understanding of the current state is that we need to first establish a core of players first. Don't get me wrong, there are some great players out there individually but a core will generate more success long term and we can remain more competitive in the long run. Its like a flat tire that we keep patching up, instead of buying a new set of wheels. I hope you and the other candidates are up for it.

What is your idea (tsp wise) of Senior players in all positions?

This Post:
303261.5 in reply to 303261.3
Date: 02/26/2020 08:55:30
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Being a foreign manager you entered a situation where you are at a natural disadvantage. How do you plan to sway the votes?

As the other managers have shared, the community is working on training up a core to be able to compete from 5-7 seasons from now. How do you think you can help us with that?

Last edited by jeorge9 at 02/26/2020 09:07:18

To: ASH
This Post:
303261.6 in reply to 303261.4
Date: 02/26/2020 15:23:57
La Ribera B.C.
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Ribera Oilers
We don't train anymore at age 28 except stam and ft's. My understanding of the current state is that we need to first establish a core of players first. Don't get me wrong, there are some great players out there individually but a core will generate more success long term and we can remain more competitive in the long run. Its like a flat tire that we keep patching up, instead of buying a new set of wheels. I hope you and the other candidates are up for it.

Well, it depends on cap. I've trained a NT player with 30, but usually is as you has told.

What is your idea (tsp wise) of Senior players in all positions?

Ufff, this question has many different possible answers depending on multiple cirumstances, for example combination of different players skills, tactics, ...

I prefer to speak about minimun skill levels in some position: for example, in PG and SG you must have an OD in 19-20. Can a PG/SG with OD 18 play in NT? Well, it depends on other skills, skills of his team-mates, the other team, tactics... but it's desirable an higher level.

(I think that your community must open a federation to speak about your players... Now many managers can know about your team. It's true that many top players are very similar but...)

I don't know if I have answered you. If not, let me to know.

This Post:
303261.7 in reply to 303261.5
Date: 02/26/2020 15:36:15
La Ribera B.C.
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Ribera Oilers
Being a foreign manager you entered a situation where you are at a natural disadvantage. How do you plan to sway the votes?

Yes, this is true. I'm here to offer my help, but I can't promise championships or golden future, mainly because I only would be the NT (I don't train the players, I don't responsible for their shape...).
I only can promise to work and to try my best. Is it enough? I don't know. You have the decision.

As the other managers have shared, the community is working on training up a core to be able to compete from 5-7 seasons from now. How do you think you can help us with that?

Colaborating with managers in their training plans, trying to arrise a balance between their teams and NT objectives (sometimes it isn't an easy work).
Seeing the volume of players, i would try to have 1 or 2 coaches helping me to follow better training evolution and managers needs (It would be perfect that one of you want to colaborate and so to ensure a continuity of this 5-7 seasons plan in the community).

This Post:
303261.8 in reply to 303261.7
Date: 02/26/2020 23:43:17
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
As nt coach, you are responsible for who makes the team or not. Shapes are part of that responsibility. With constant communication for players who are playing too many minutes or are suddenly not active. I think a good coach needs to be accountable for it. I have had many Senior players play on my own team and its usually the better nt coaches who communicate expectations. The former nt coach of Ceska rep never sent me a message even if my player had great gs majority of the time. Not even a thank you.

Sadly, i think i have had more than 20 Senior players including my former team from various countries. Only 1 of them sent me a pm. Here in my country, we send pm's to almost everybody. to train or to sell. My countrymen are spoiled sob's. The Senior coaches in general don't work as hard as u21 coaches. This is more work than fun.

To: Ob1
This Post:
303261.9 in reply to 303261.8
Date: 02/27/2020 00:27:12
La Ribera B.C.
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Ribera Oilers
As nt coach, you are responsible for who makes the team or not. Shapes are part of that responsibility. With constant communication for players who are playing too many minutes or are suddenly not active. I think a good coach needs to be accountable for it. I have had many Senior players play on my own team and its usually the better nt coaches who communicate expectations. The former nt coach of Ceska rep never sent me a message even if my player had great gs majority of the time. Not even a thank you.

Yes, you has told it perfectly. As Senior NT Manager you must send a lot of bb-mails trying to help managers and taking care of the NT player evolution and shape.
And if some player plays a lot of minutes for several weeks, you must decide the best time to kick him out of the team.

Sadly, i think i have had more than 20 Senior players including my former team from various countries. Only 1 of them sent me a pm. Here in my country, we send pm's to almost everybody. to train or to sell. My countrymen are spoiled sob's. The Senior coaches in general don't work as hard as u21 coaches. This is more work than fun.

Totally agree.

Message deleted
This Post:
303261.11 in reply to 303261.9
Date: 02/27/2020 08:16:19
Overall Posts Rated:
I would love to help this team to the best of my abilities and my ability to be unpredictable, especially in terms of strategies used.

If this team is on a rebuild, then I don't mind. Why? This will mold me further into a great NT coach my fellow Filipinos desire.