BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > A honest discussion about censorship

A honest discussion about censorship

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/19/2016 03:31:38
Overall Posts Rated:
In the last few months I got the impression, that censorship in these forums has gone too far and there is almost no room left to post criticism, in whatever form.

We are not allowed to talk about bans, fines and the big question is, who controls the controlers?

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

To: RiP
This Post:
276170.4 in reply to 276170.2
Date: 01/19/2016 06:03:47
Overall Posts Rated:
Evidently you haven't been following a few of the threads here in Global if you think that criticism is being severely restricted. If you have a specific concern regarding censorship shoot me a BB-mail and I'll see if we can find a solution.

I am following the threads very closely, but as I am not online 24/7 I cannot evaluate if a deleted post was against the rules or not. In most cases where I know what a certain post contained, I find the censorship (plus the following fines) too harsh.

Also there are no guidelines what fine you will receive - there should be at least some catalogue to what one can expect. So far I have experienced 1, 2 week bans and a 100k fine.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

To: RiP
This Post:
276170.8 in reply to 276170.5
Date: 01/20/2016 03:37:28
Overall Posts Rated:
That's the type of thought process that we would like to avoid. Don't poke the bear and you'll never run into any issues. That applies to everyone.

What "poking the bear" really means is too vague. The two posts following your answer could be seen as taunting and spam. Certainly offtopic. If the "right" user would have posted them, those would at least have been deleted and maybe a temporary ban issued.

I understand that there needs to be some "enough is enough"-policy, but in most cases the rulings seem to be pushing it a bit.

This Post:
276170.10 in reply to 276170.9
Date: 01/20/2016 09:19:22
Overall Posts Rated:
I really do not want to go "Michael Kohlhaas" on this topic, but I am pretty sure you know there is a bit more to this.

According to what you said and what I experienced, because there were users that tried to derail the thread, there should be a "general" warning. As soon somebody posts sthg. offtopic/against the rules, he/she should receive a fine according to the internal catalouge. Do I understand correctly?

This Post:
276170.11 in reply to 276170.10
Date: 01/20/2016 11:27:27
Overall Posts Rated:
In the last few months I got the impression, that censorship in these forums has gone too far and there is almost no room left to post criticism, in whatever form.

Don't poke the bear and you'll never run into any issues.

What "poking the bear" really means is too vague.

You guys are both right. What “poking the bear” means is anything a moderator wants it to mean. He can call it “disagreeing with a moderator” and suspend you for it. Been there, done that. Just never disagree with a moderator and you should be okay.