BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > How to build your arena and why!

How to build your arena and why!

Set priority
Show messages by

To: Phyr
This Post:
273066.11 in reply to 273066.4
Date: 08/17/2015 20:09:25
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I think 19k is the most sell-able. At 19-21k you can only sell half, so 20k.

This Post:
273066.12 in reply to 273066.1
Date: 08/17/2015 20:25:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Been thinking about this a bit with my Utopia team, DIV.
I can still sell out my bleachers, but my lower tier are bottomed out price-wise and not selling out anymore.
If I raise my bleacher prices, by say, a dollar, would that cause some fans to not buy bleacher seats and instead choose lower tier? Or do you think I'd lose them altogether?

This Post:
273066.13 in reply to 273066.6
Date: 08/17/2015 22:35:30
Overall Posts Rated:
On the other hand, those seats you don't build yet are earning you nothing this week, or next week, etc. The important thing is to try to make sure you can find as much money as possible to invest in the arena while still being competitive, and that's usually easier when you first start out. :)

The big difference is that you still have the money for the empty seats you didn't build, and you have the option to put it to work for you, an option lost once it is sunk into empty seats.

Yes, I agree that investing in the arena while still being competitive is the key balance, which is a far cry from an unqualified "build as big and as fast as possible."

This Post:
273066.15 in reply to 273066.12
Date: 08/18/2015 09:04:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Been thinking about this a bit with my Utopia team, DIV.
I can still sell out my bleachers, but my lower tier are bottomed out price-wise and not selling out anymore.
If I raise my bleacher prices, by say, a dollar, would that cause some fans to not buy bleacher seats and instead choose lower tier? Or do you think I'd lose them altogether?

If I remember the prevailing wisdom correctly, there's a pool of fans, each with a maximum price they are willing to pay to go to the game. The fan will buy the best ticket possible under that maximum price, if one exists.

Assuming the bleacher seats are not priced higher than the lower tier, then, any fan who is in the bleachers was either unwilling to pay the price for lower tier or those seats are sold out - which is not true for your example. Therefore, if you price them out of bleachers, they won't move up but instead will not buy a ticket at all.

I suppose I need to actually try to do better in Utopia so I can actually have somewhat useful data for my screwy arena build. ;)

This Post:
273066.16 in reply to 273066.15
Date: 08/18/2015 14:58:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Ah yes, that makes sense.
My reasoning was indeed a bit tenuous, but I thought I had read a thread a while back that suggested how cheaper bleachers could draw fans out of the lower tier.

This Post:
273066.19 in reply to 273066.17
Date: 08/21/2015 21:39:42
Overall Posts Rated:
[1] The thing with empty seats though is that it can easily be changed into filled seats by just changing your ticket prices.
I have always given the advice to build your arena for the next step first. While training players for example and when your ready to aim for promotion you will have good use of the extra seats in higher game income and you can field an as competitive team as possible.
[2] If you plan to buy all your players though you'll need to save a lot for it to work. But seeing the prices on the market that would be utterly stupid.
[3] If you add seats while trying to promote you won't be able to field as high team salary and will be in a worse situation for promotion.

[1] The money you spent for those seats is just as gone, while four seats at $12 versus two seats at $24 nets you no more than before. So lowering ticket prices just to try to fill an overbuilt arena still isn't a convincing argument for overbuilding the arena.
[2] Well, yes, I agree. "They" claim there are many ways to compete, but they have surely taken away that one by inflating the transfer list so badly ... dead as a dodo bird.
[3] Bingo! I agree again. You can be competitive OR you can build your arena. That is something I have said for a long time, this game puts winning basketball games behind a lot of other bells and whistles.

This Post:
273066.21 in reply to 273066.20
Date: 08/22/2015 09:01:38
Overall Posts Rated:
If you add salary to your team instead of seats the money truly is gone. Unless you buy trainees that you increase the value on by training them
If this was true, why did we even introduce taxes on sales? Daytrading should bankrupt just about anyone or put him at a disadvantage compared to those not daytrading and not buying players...

Ultimately buying players can also be seen as an investment. Let's just say that given how prices and the transfer list currently are, investing in player assets is just another way of investing in the game that may or may not be as profitable as building the arena.

Obviously the other thing is that paying higher salary usually helps winning games and winning games is the key driver to fill the arena. So it is a trade off and you're (usually) better off finding the right balance. However under current market conditions I'd say prioritising building is most definitely correct, because cheap reasonably skilled players are getting fewer and fewer as planned by the devs.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 08/22/2015 09:03:50

Advertisement