BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Player training

Player training

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/16/2015 21:00:06
Overall Posts Rated:
I am new to this game and can't seem to find how to train an individual player. I can find the training option to train a certain position but not an individual player. If somebody could help a self-proclaimed noobie it would be much appreciated.

Message deleted
This Post:
271495.3 in reply to 271495.1
Date: 07/16/2015 23:36:34
Overall Posts Rated:
I noticed that you ended up in my old D4 league. Small world :)

I'll give you a few basics on training. As a new manager, you want to start training a player that is 18-19 years old. That is when they train the fastest. It is better to train 2-3 guards in guard skills or 2-3 bigs in inside skills, than it is to train the guard one week, then the big the next week. You need 48 minutes per week in a given position (48 minutes at PG to train Passing or 48 minutes at C to train Inside Shot) to get 100% training. Skills such as Jump Shot, One on One (driving), and Rebounding will force you to train two positions.

Here is a big thing to remember: DO NOT BLOW ALL YOUR CASH ON ONE PLAYER, especially if they have high potential or salary. Since the draft is approaching soon, there will be plenty of players to pick. Quite a few go for low prices. Try and find such players to become your trainee(s).

If you want more help, feel free to BB-Mail me and don't be afraid to ask questions on these forums. These threads may already answer some of your questions. Make sure to read the game manual http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/rules.aspx?nav=Rule... and keep in mind that Buzzerbeater is a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck.

Last edited by Big Dogs at 07/16/2015 23:38:17

This Post:
271495.4 in reply to 271495.1
Date: 07/17/2015 02:48:07
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Players will be trained when they play minutes at the position that you train. The amount of training they receive increases as they play more minutes with 48 minutes giving 100% training (so if they make more minutes, they still receive the same amount of training). Because you play 3 games in a week, this means you have 144 minutes of training per position you train (if you train 1 position, the training has more effect). If you manage perfectly you could give 3 players exactly 48 minutes playing time in 1 position, so you can at most give 3 players maximum training. Because it's very hard to manage that, usually managers train 2 players.