Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/22/2023 13:06:15
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
Good evening Buzzerbeater fans wherever you may be! (hat tip to my man Bill Schonley),

Welcome to Season 62. I hope you all got just the draftee you needed, scoured the transfer wire to get just the right player you need, and that salary adjustments played to your favor.

Let's get some chatter going here. How do you all feel heading into the season?

I'm still in full out training mode, and still building my USA-only squad chasing the theory that this is a better long-term, homegrown financial model. But I remain skeptical!

Having won my relegation series, my goal is to repeat as a relegation series winner to stay up in III.5, if only for the financial reasons. But if I were to relegate it wouldn't be a problem as it would allow me to continue to train.

Another goal for my season is to get The Emperor on the U21 NT.

What are your goals?

This Post:
320172.2 in reply to 320172.1
Date: 08/24/2023 05:32:55
Bay Harbor Butchers
IV.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Been eliminated from playoffs by the championship team 5 seasons in a row, with the last two seasons' elimination occuring in the finals. This has been terrible as my team has been built for win now since i entered this division and I keep having to somehow make the finances work. Going to probably need to make some serious adjustments this season if I want to stay afloat financially and be a legitimate contender.

This Post:
320172.3 in reply to 320172.1
Date: 08/27/2023 20:05:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Dominated my last league due to mostly bots and stuff and its good to be joining an active league with real players. I know that this season won't be great so ima focus more on drafting and scouting because my team is still young. Happy to be here!

This Post:
320172.4 in reply to 320172.1
Date: 09/04/2023 17:39:17
Resurrected Fury
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
Hi everyone late welcome from me but cheers to a new season! Glad to have a full list of active managers this season in the league.

For the Fury, we had high hopes of promoting last season but lost in the semi-finals to the league winner Strawhats. We also missed the chance of auto promotion, as we ended up giving up the 1st seed at the end of the season that we held for majority of last season. This loss caused us to restructure the team and push for another chance of promotion this season (big transactions took place/taking place currently...)

Holding the largest payroll in the league, the goal is definitely win now as well for the squad. Facing a CT from Pixies gave us a bump in the road to the start of the season, but I'm confident my squad will be able to fight for that top spot again in the league!

The last goal for the Fury from a training perspective is getting Neil Kimball to the USA NT. His fellow teammate Sekgoma Ramasodi made the South Africa NT, so having two NT caliber players on the Fury would be exciting news. Add on Rod Woodward as the third USA NT potential and we have a solid core 3 ready to take on League III.5

Good luck to all managers except when you're facing me Don't have as much time anymore to do the game analysis like I did last season, but I'll try to be around for forum chatter

This Post:
320172.5 in reply to 320172.4
Date: 09/05/2023 22:08:17
Resurrected Fury
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
I'm not sure how to my express frustration right now... But unfortunately for the 2nd time already this season my team gets CT'd again against the home team, and lose in heartbreaking fashion. Given the strength of my team I believe I should have took this win, however in the crucial minutes of the game my player Kimball does not play from exhaustion until literally the last second, and the Game Engine places my backup C(???) to replace him, and end up losing the lead in the final minute.

Managing wise in hindsight I have mismanaged my enth, & TIE against CT twice has not helped my cause. This puts my team in an unfortunate predicament to start the season, but I will play with the cards I have been dealt. My mismanagement is to blame, but luck has not been on my side either. (If anyone else is going to CT me let me know in advance )

Last edited by Rapper at 09/05/2023 22:33:20

This Post:
320172.6 in reply to 320172.5
Date: 09/06/2023 13:27:51
Roundball Legacy
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Deplorables
Tough beat. Hard to believe I was able to pull that out. Honestly, looking at the box-score I'm not even sure how it happened other than your coach substituting Kimball those last few minutes and my player Trae going absolutely NUCLEAR during the time he was on the bench.

Good game. Good luck in the future...

This Post:
320172.7 in reply to 320172.6
Date: 09/09/2023 23:07:18
Pixies
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Didn't work that time :-/

This Post:
320172.8 in reply to 320172.7
Date: 11/26/2023 22:38:28
Resurrected Fury
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
CIRCUS MAXIMUS
It was a pleasure playing against you all in this league III.5! Good luck to you all in your future games, great competition here