BuzzerBeater Forums

BB New Zealand > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
320007.2 in reply to 320007.1
Date: 08/22/2023 22:12:35
Faberge Egg
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Imperial Egg
Good people of New Zealand,

I would, once again, like to put my name forward to manager your U21 NT.

For the new managers, I have a background in statistics and approach the game (tactics and training) from this perspective to gain marginal advantages.

Over the last two seasons I’ve guided the team from 93rd to 59th in the world, with a 12 win, 16 loss record across the two seasons. In the season 60 Asia cup first round we had 3-3 record and qualified for second round, going 0-5 in round-robin play. The season 61 Consolation tournament saw us achieve a 4-4 record and miss out on the elimination tournament.

During this time I’ve worked on some scouting spreadsheets I use to gain marginal advantages over our opponents based on statistical analysis of tactics and player match-ups that don’t always show through in team and player ratings in the box score. With more people involved, particularly in the scouting of opposition I could develop more spreadsheets to take advantage of more marginal gains.

I’ve purchased and trained two players that are now U21 team members, I’ve dedicated my second team to the training of young NZ players to try to achieve team success.

I’ve done some very preliminary scouting of our draw for this seasons Asia Cup and from a salary perspective we are favoured in 1, slightly favoured in another, slight underdogs in another and require a minor to major miracle in the remaining 3. With good game shape an continued training a 3-3 record again is achievable.

If elected, I’m happy to assist with potential training plans and tactic discussions to assist personal teams as well as input into your U21 NT team direction.

Thank you for the opportunity over the last two seasons, its been very enjoyable for me and I hope to have the chance to continue the climb up the NT standings.