BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > What does potential determine?

What does potential determine?

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
318732.2 in reply to 318732.1
Date: 05/11/2023 19:36:01
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
Sort of both but technically neither. Potential determines how much or little cap space they have to work with to improve their skills. The cap does not relate directly to tsp or salary, as different skills impact salary differently for the listed positions that players are. (Passing on bigs is essentially a free skill much like inside shooting for guards). Potential only relates to the range at which they become capped and training slows down dramatically.

Last edited by E.B.W. at 05/11/2023 19:36:52

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)
This Post:
318732.4 in reply to 318732.3
Date: 05/12/2023 01:41:18
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
When Buzzer-manager shows 100% instead of 99-100%, it's very likely that they already hit the cap (although I personally had no chance to test because my last guy who hit the 100% mark didn't stay in proficient 2 weeks in a row). And you didn't share any 156 TSP player. You shared a 168 TSP player and a 165 TSP player with 1 less JS and 2 less SB than the former, so I think it would be hard to answer your question on that.

Tho it would really help if you actually use the link code so we can press onto the links rather than having to copy and paste. It's the "www" button just on top of the box where you type.

This Post:
318732.6 in reply to 318732.5
Date: 05/12/2023 06:50:51
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I would refer to EBW's previous reply:
The cap does not relate directly to tsp or salary, as different skills impact salary differently for the listed positions that players are. (Passing on bigs is essentially a free skill much like inside shooting for guards).

Different skills have different weightage for different positions. You can refer to them here: (160760.16)

So let's say you train 5 players in jumpshots, each of them in different positions. All of them pop 1 skill point at Jump Shot the same time. However, that jump shot skill point doesn't count towards the potential cap as 1 skill point: PG would be like, 0.03 skill points, SG would be 0.107 skill points, SF will have 0.16 skill points, PF will have 0.078 skill points, and C will have 0.002 skill points.

So assuming all of them have like... 5% left on their cap, maybe the SF can only train 2 levels of JS before hitting the cap, while a SG can only train 2-3 levels. Meanwhile, C might be able to train 6-7 levels of JS before filling up that same 5%. Different skills have different percentage of impact on the cap. The cap depends on the type of skills, not purely tsp or salary.

*Note: the numbers above are not necessarily accurate, I just cooked them up to give you an idea of how things work.

That aside, do you need a ATG to get a 165 tsp player instead of a 156 tsp one? Well yea, considering the fact that the 165 tsp player you shared should have capped at 16 JS instead of 19, and the highest tsp I could achieve with HOF is 165, and that was only with 1 rebounding, which is impossible to achieve due to cross training.

That said, I think your actual question should be: how do I maximize my player's potential? The answer is train as many secondaries to take them more balance. Here is a more extremes example:
Player A: https://i.imgur.com/QRFhrIU.png
Player B: https://i.imgur.com/SPDvfWK.png

Both players are perfectly capped (meaning one less skill point and they become less than 100%). Player B is 1 level lower in IS and RB but in return, he has so much better outside skills. So a C with less primaries and more secondaries would be able to reach an even higher TSP before hitting the cap.

Last edited by BuzzRBeater at 05/12/2023 08:43:31