This Post:
Date: 04/09/2023 15:06:39
The Golden Warriors
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Golden Warriors II
Hi,

I've read the game manual and it's not all clear to me which skills are responsible for a good offensive flow. I know that passing is important but which other skills are important to get a good offensive flow? Handling? Driving?

Greetz, The Hammer

This Post:
318561.2 in reply to 318561.1
Date: 04/09/2023 19:34:37
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Passing first and foremost will affect flow. Helpful to have an entire team have good passing. It also is critical for certain positions to have a higher degree of passing than others. Per Game Manual:

Offensive Flow (how well the offense produces assists, avoids turnovers): point guard weighted very heavily, shooting guard weighted medium, small forward weighted medium.

This is not to say big men without passing are obsolete. A big man with not so good passing or handling will generate a ton of turnovers because he has butter fingers retrieving the pass from the point guard or can't execute a simple dribble move to get himself closer to the basket.

So in this case, in your division 2, I'd like to have my point guard with at least 12 (sensational) passing, the higher the better. However with higher degree of passing also increases the salary you owe them per week. Sensational is the sweet spot I've used for my NBBA team and it works beautifully. I also like to have a high degree of handling across all players as well, to limit the turnovers created. Guards should generally have above prodiguous (16) Anything less as a starter they are going to be prone for turnovers. Driving is a relatively cheap skill and helps in generating a quality shot for themselves and others. It shouldn't be overlooked either.

Take note of your opposition's Outside Defense rating. If you scout a team with higher Outside Defense rating team rating it might mean you need to tweak your team to have better passing/handling to prevent those turnovers from happening.

The other perimeter players such as SG/SF would be advised to have prolific/sensational as well, but it's not the end of the world if he has proficient passing as long as he has other skills to make up for it.

Big Men I like having passing. You should never field a player on the court with less than respectable passing in my opinion. There's a meta going on right now with big men with extreme levels of passing, which has benefitted teams in the long run since it's salary efficient.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by tough at 04/09/2023 19:35:18

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
318561.3 in reply to 318561.2
Date: 04/10/2023 05:18:52
The Golden Warriors
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Golden Warriors II
Thank you for this explanation. So Passing and Handling are the most important skills and somewhat driving as well.

I'm not even near having a player with 12 passing on PG, but that will come in time.

Last edited by TheHammer (U21 Coach) at 04/10/2023 05:23:42