This Post:
Date: 11/02/2022 19:46:38
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
Welcome All!

Anyone wanting to talk buzzerbeater I'll be checking the forum pretty regularly. Hope everyone has a great season.

I look forward to seeing what battle-hardened team is crowned champions from our new division.

Welcome to one of the more competitive D4s in the USA in my opinion.

To promote from one of these competitive "tenured" divisions, it often takes a solid infrastructure, and most promoting teams seem to have approximately 150k+ in team salary. Of course salary doesn't necessarily mean talent, but I think when I started this game having that much in team salary would have seemed impossible.

Some fun questions to get to know everyone...

User Name:

Seasons in BB:

Seasons in D4:

Coolest Prospect:

Best Draft Pick last season:

Best BB memory:

Question I have for other managers:

As always I want this division to have the best showing in the USA tournament/BBM so if anyone needs any helps with lineups or wants to kick around training plans feel free to message me anytime.

Best of Luck everyone!

The doctor is in...
This Post:
316849.2 in reply to 316849.1
Date: 11/02/2022 20:02:15
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
User Name: DrChristopher

Seasons in BB: 10 totals (3 seasons with this team, previously played around season 16)

Seasons in D4: 3

Coolest Prospect: Perry Wilkinson (first and only Superstar+ potential player I have ever drafted)

Best Draft Pick last season: Virg Layton, but I don't think 6th man potential will grant him longevity.

Best BB memory: I played with my dad almost a decade ago, and going back and forth weekly about our training regimes was really awesome. I still love using tools like buzzer manager to tinker with builds, and projections.

Questions I have for other managers: What do you think is the minimum skill required for primary attributes for starting D4 players. Do starters need only one skill at this level to be trusted, two skills, three?

Also another question, what is more important tactics or skills?

For example, I think trusting a starter at this level means they probably have 3 skills at 11 or higher. A backup may have 2 (11+ skills) if they have respectable secondaries. However, a star player on a team looking to promote will probably want to have skills nearing D3 levels of 14 or greater.

Hope this was a decent ice breaker. Cheers everyone!

The doctor is in...
This Post:
316849.3 in reply to 316849.2
Date: 11/02/2022 23:34:11
Rogues
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stardom Slammers
Hello! Glad to see there will be some forum activity here. By the way, I love your best memory!

User Name: Dangrel

Seasons in BB: 56

Seasons in D4: I just demoted, so this is my first time in D4 since season 48.

Coolest Prospect: Tyler Lytle - This will be his first season as a full-time starter, and I expect him to be my starting PF/C for many seasons to come. He's a well-rounded player with all his skills (except JR) at respectable or higher.

Best Draft Pick last season: Roy Sorensen - Not great, but not terrible. Whether or not I keep and train him depend on if I win any of the auctions I'm currently betting on.

Best BB memory: It's tough to try and narrow it down. I won my very first game on a buzzerbeater, so that was pretty cool. Promoting to D2 for the first time felt good. Training players and having them get picked to be on the U21 is always neat, and extra special when they win a gold medal.

Questions I have for other managers: What is your goal for this season? I'm in rebuild mode, so training is my #1 priority. If losing a few games is necessary to make sure the right guys get their training minutes, that's fine with me.

What do you think is the minimum skill required for primary attributes for starting D4 players. Do starters need only one skill at this level to be trusted, two skills, three? Hard to say. I think one of the things that was talked about in recent seasons was doing a better job consolidating the leagues to make them more competitive. I think it will take more than one high skill for your starters if you want to win a championship here.

What is more important tactics or skills? I think a team playing just the right tactics to counter their opponent will win a majority of the games against a higher skilled team, within reason. If the skill gap is too big, I don't believe any combination of tactics will save you.

This Post:
316849.4 in reply to 316849.3
Date: 11/03/2022 17:09:06
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
Coolest Prospect: Tyler Lytle - This will be his first season as a full-time starter, and I expect him to be my starting PF/C for many seasons to come. He's a well-rounded player with all his skills (except JR) at respectable or higher.

Awesome, hope to watch his development as your team moves forward. I feel the same about my guy Wilkinson, but he is a few years from starting lol He started as like 40 TSP almost not worth it lol.

Best BB memory: It's tough to try and narrow it down. I won my very first game on a buzzerbeater, so that was pretty cool. Promoting to D2 for the first time felt good. Training players and having them get picked to be on the U21 is always neat, and extra special when they win a gold medal.

Questions I have for other managers: What is your goal for this season?

Wow u21 callups sound awesome. I hope to be training those caliber of players eventually once I get some infrastructure.

Goal for the Season is a playoff berth. I am currently training my center prospects in guard skills so if I can end .500 and a decent PD and make the playoffs that would be the dream. Long-term I want to build the perfect Princeton offense team. So much so that even if you know its coming you can't stop it lol. So the first step is passing on my centers.

The doctor is in...
This Post:
316849.5 in reply to 316849.4
Date: 11/03/2022 21:51:31
Rogues
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stardom Slammers
40 TSP! You have a lot of patience!

This Post:
316849.6 in reply to 316849.5
Date: 12/04/2022 00:12:24
Rogues
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stardom Slammers
We beat the #22 ranked team in the Cup, but only because they let us win by sitting their top players. Either that or they just underestimated us and thought the backups could get the job done. Regardless, on to the next one.

Unfortunately, things don't get much easier as we take on the #32 ranked team. Should be an easy win for them except for two possibilities. They have no depth. The team only goes 6 deep, so I could luck out and get them in foul trouble. The other is that they're in 7th place in the conference. What are they more focused on, advancing in the Cup or avoiding relegation?

This Post:
316849.7 in reply to 316849.6
Date: 12/04/2022 13:10:35
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
The inside scoring and rebouding of the pistons looked tough, but they could not put the ball in the hoop. Watching those offensive rebounds mean nothing had me cringing.

The doctor is in...
This Post:
316849.8 in reply to 316849.7
Date: 12/09/2022 21:16:19
Rogues
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stardom Slammers
We're not done yet in the Cup! Another high-ranking team obliterated us on the boards, but we ran a FCP and forced 32 TO's en route to the win. Next up is another tough customer, but I'd say we're pretty even. Tough, but winnable.

DrChristopher, I'll see you on the court Tuesday!

This Post:
316849.9 in reply to 316849.8
Date: 12/10/2022 14:20:01
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
Man this is a good year for you. Great run in the cup. Neanderthals will be a tough matchup. Even with his big shooting guard on respectable GS.

Just hoping the fan survey doesn't rate me too harshly after Tuesday.

The doctor is in...
This Post:
316849.10 in reply to 316849.9
Date: 12/16/2022 23:20:30
Rogues
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stardom Slammers
Our hot streak continues! After taking out the Neanderthals, we've advanced to the final 64 teams for the Cup. While over in the BBM we're 1 win away from advancing to the final 64 there as well.

DrChristopher, I wish our score had been closer. I tested out one of the box defenses on you, and it worked so well I used it again to good effect on the Neanderthals.

Our Cup game looks quite favorable, especially when compared against the last 3 teams we faced. Their third highest paid player is injured, and I feel confident we can pick them apart. Not going to overlook them, but I like our chances.

This Post:
316849.11 in reply to 316849.10
Date: 12/17/2022 21:10:27
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
DrChristopher, I wish our score had been closer. I tested out one of the box defenses on you, and it worked so well I used it again to good effect on the Neanderthals.

Our Cup game looks quite favorable, especially when compared against the last 3 teams we faced. Their third highest paid player is injured, and I feel confident we can pick them apart. Not going to overlook them, but I like our chances.

Cool I'll be taking full credit for your success in the cup then lol.

Your next match in the cup looks definitely winnable. Just hoping you don't get CT'd now that you are the big dog. To them you look like a last push for prize money. Trash Talkers are the second lowest ranked team left in the pool. SO I imagine he knows this is the last matchup he probably have even a prayer of winning.

The doctor is in...