BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Guatemala > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
315604.2 in reply to 315604.1
Date: 07/28/2022 09:52:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi guys!
I am IlRagnoNero.
I come here to put myself forward as a candidate for the national team because my goal is to raise talent that can one day make a name for itself all over the world.
One step at a time we will create profiles that between long and midgets will bring us satisfaction.
Realistically speaking, since there are few teams we will have to exploit all the potential we have.
I bring enthusiasm but above all Italian-style skills, so vote for me!

Last edited by IlRagnoNero (ITA U21 scout) at 07/29/2022 04:21:07

This Post:
315604.3 in reply to 315604.2
Date: 08/01/2022 09:56:37
R3AP3RS
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Knicktardeder
Could you define Italian Style Skills?

I’ve worked heavily with the US U21 team who last season were crowned champions. My goal is to bring that knowledge and hopefully if there are willing managers, system here to cultivate the talent. Italy did well but was ultimately found lacking to a superior program.

This Post:
315604.4 in reply to 315604.3
Date: 08/01/2022 10:41:25
Overall Posts Rated:
the plan varies according to the types of players, skills and potential.
Us did well by winning the last world cup, I did coach world champion players 4 seasons ago and italy won 15 medals in a row between continental and world tournaments and in the last world cup we got to the semifinals but the usa were not there

This Post:
315604.5 in reply to 315604.4
Date: 08/01/2022 11:13:57
R3AP3RS
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Knicktardeder
the plan varies according to the types of players, skills and potential.

Could you elaborate. The team needs dedicated managers developing the skills of these players and activity. I am training the 5th highest salary player on the team who is only 20. That should not be the case. We need more bigs to be developed who should be over 20k in salary to have any chance of being competitive. I'm fully committed to reaching out and giving advise to managers to help them and their players prosper.

I did coach world champion players 4 seasons ago

This is likely an exaggeration based on your world ranking. Let's try and stay factual please.

italy won 15 medals in a row

This as well

(50575215)
If we look at a player like this. His potential has been spoiled. He would have benefited from proper training since age 18 and could be a contributor to this team. With his defense he is a liability and should not see the court.

This Post:
315604.6 in reply to 315604.5
Date: 08/02/2022 05:58:08
Overall Posts Rated:

Could you elaborate. The team needs dedicated managers developing the skills of these players and activity. I am training the 5th highest salary player on the team who is only 20. That should not be the case. We need more bigs to be developed who should be over 20k in salary to have any chance of being competitive. I'm fully committed to reaching out and giving advise to managers to help them and their players prosper.

I don't have to explain to you how to coach, do you think you have managers who follow you without saying anything?

This is likely an exaggeration based on your world ranking. Let's try and stay factual please.

these are facts, there in front of everyone

If we look at a player like this. His potential has been spoiled. He would have benefited from proper training since age 18 and could be a contributor to this team. With his defense he is a liability and should not see the court.

I don't see the skills, so this is bar talk

do you feel under pressure because you don't have a free field and you are the new coach?

This Post:
315604.7 in reply to 315604.6
Date: 08/02/2022 12:57:15
R3AP3RS
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Knicktardeder
I don't have to explain to you how to coach, do you think you have managers who follow you without saying anything?

I'm just trying to understand if you were elected coach what you would actually do.

I don't see the skills, so this is bar talk

He was on the market at the time of posting. He had inept Outside Defense. He shouldn't be on a club team let alone an U21. That's all I was pointing out is the crop of young prospects needs to be improved.

do you feel under pressure because you don't have a free field and you are the new coach?

I feel you are confused. I am not the coach. The election is still ongoing. This is a debate thread and I'm trying to understand what another prospective coach brings to the table who has not shared any real thoughts yet.