This Post:
315198.9 in reply to 315198.8
Date: 07/15/2022 13:17:12
Mortal Wombats
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Anonymous Armadillos
PF Gabi Tricart somehow managed to pass to himself as he hit a game tying 3 pointer with 10 seconds left before blocking the final Wombats attempt to send the game to overtime

Managed to miss that while watching the game 😁

This Post:
315198.10 in reply to 315198.9
Date: 07/15/2022 13:36:00
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Maybe it was a pass off the backboard all the way to the behind the arc to himself and then he hit the 3, followed up by getting a clutch block. Sounds like an amazing play!

I was just checking to see if they was a last second shot and saw it and I was confused as to how a player managed to assist themself for a 3!

Last edited by arrowspg5 at 07/15/2022 13:36:56

This Post:
315198.11 in reply to 315198.10
Date: 07/15/2022 13:48:51
Mortal Wombats
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Anonymous Armadillos
Need to check what passing he has. Mine struggle to assist eachother.

This Post:
315198.12 in reply to 315198.11
Date: 07/16/2022 16:09:19
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
Some strong teams in III this season, here's a quick breakdown of what to look for:

To Watch:

III.1 Ipswich WinterWolves vs EasilyBeatables FC - by far the toughest III division, although next season when active teams are grouped together that might change. All four teams in the previous round looked strong, any of them would have looked good in the finals or in II.

III.2 BOY_LONDON vs Isca Centurions - BOY_LONDON are undefeated, this is Isca's 4th play-off final.

III.3 Wigan Carpenters vs Zalia - Balta - Wigan are undefeated and won the league match-up comfortably, but both teams look competitive.

III.5 Eltisley Eclipse vs Triximos Tricks - Eclipse looked stronger in the conference final, but Tricks have homecourt and won the regular season game.

III.8 BC Maxilla X vs Leicester Corinthians - This could be a tight match-up. The regular season game was decided in favour of the away team Maxilla by 8pts, but they used more effort. Maxilla will have homecourt in the finals.

Maybe Watch:

III.7 Bc Giants vs WITH OR WITHOUT - The Giants look stronger and won the regular season game, but it's possible WITH OR WITHOUT can make it competitive.

III.9 Team Fusio vs Spartan Warriors - Fusio look stronger, but the regular season game was close.

III.11 Paxsons vs KingsBC - Paxsons are putting up great ratings but haven't logged in for a few weeks. KingsBC had a nice victory away from home in the previous round.

III.16 North Walsham Vipers vs Royal LCY - Royal LCY look much stronger and won by a blowout in the regular season.

Other one-sided games:

III.4 BB London 22 vs Pillow B.C.
III.6 UnColto vs Always First
III.10 Vi-kings vs Cramlington Showboaters (Vi-kings are a bot team, best of luck to them!)
III.12 Birmingham High vs The Table Toppers
III.13 Wind City Ballers vs Mixanostasio BC
III.14 BC Black Dragons vs East Hoathly Nefertitis (East Hoathly has never been an active team, good luck!)
III.15 Dunoon Defenders vs Magnolia Pambansang Manok

This Post:
315198.13 in reply to 315198.12
Date: 07/16/2022 16:25:30
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
The Wasps losing to someone playing fcp. Is that irony?

This Post:
315198.14 in reply to 315198.13
Date: 07/18/2022 13:51:08
Tide of Fire
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
😂

This Post:
315198.15 in reply to 315198.7
Date: 07/18/2022 14:57:01
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Conference finals done and dusted. Here’s what went down!

EBBL
A huge 43 point performance from Emil Lukavsky propelled Arsenal 98 to the EBBL finals for the second season in a row. Andriy Novoselskiy had a strong 27 points on 50% shooting but it wasn’t enough. The reigning champions will have home court advantage in the finals.

The great 8 conference finals saw London Whales again finish the game strong as they scored 45 points in the 4th quarter to end Hope Springs’ run of 3 consecutive final appearances. London Whales had 6 of 7 players score in double figures as they dominated the Hope Springs bench players in the win.

The regular season game between the two finalists went the way of Arsenal 98 by 5 points despite London Whales having the home court advantage. We will hopefully see a close series.

For the first time since season 52, we will see a team that wasn’t a #1 seed reach the final, this season neither team in the final are a #1 seed. Add to that, we will see a non-#1 seeded team win the EBBL for the first time since season 46.

Leeds City Ballers confirmed their place in the EBBL next season with another comfortable win against Galaxy Walkers 107-69. Magdaleno Banuelos had 35 points on 14-21 shooting in the win.

St Purple&Greens also retained their position in the EBBL as they used a strange lineup but was still able to come out on top over Camden Kings 90-65.

We will have one deciding game 3 relegation game as BC Zalgiris beat Gauson 107-89 to tie the series at 1-1. Good luck to both teams.

This Post:
315198.16 in reply to 315198.7
Date: 07/18/2022 14:57:01
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Conference finals done and dusted. Here’s what went down!

EBBL
A huge 43 point performance from Emil Lukavsky propelled Arsenal 98 to the EBBL finals for the second season in a row. Andriy Novoselskiy had a strong 27 points on 50% shooting but it wasn’t enough. The reigning champions will have home court advantage in the finals.

The great 8 conference finals saw London Whales again finish the game strong as they scored 45 points in the 4th quarter to end Hope Springs’ run of 3 consecutive final appearances. London Whales had 6 of 7 players score in double figures as they dominated the Hope Springs bench players in the win.

The regular season game between the two finalists went the way of Arsenal 98 by 5 points despite London Whales having the home court advantage. We will hopefully see a close series.

For the first time since season 52, we will see a team that wasn’t a #1 seed reach the final, this season neither team in the final are a #1 seed. Add to that, we will see a non-#1 seeded team win the EBBL for the first time since season 46.

Leeds City Ballers confirmed their place in the EBBL next season with another comfortable win against Galaxy Walkers 107-69. Magdaleno Banuelos had 35 points on 14-21 shooting in the win.

St Purple&Greens also retained their position in the EBBL as they used a strange lineup but was still able to come out on top over Camden Kings 90-65.

We will have one deciding game 3 relegation game as BC Zalgiris beat Gauson 107-89 to tie the series at 1-1. Good luck to both teams.

This Post:
315198.17 in reply to 315198.16
Date: 07/18/2022 14:59:11
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Division II.1
Allll Stars scored at will, winning 122-87 against Tommicat Cats to reach the division II.1 final. SF Fu Eng Hock top scored for Allll Stars with 32 points, while PF Lucas Barboza almost had a triple double with 16 points, 15 rebounds and 8 assists.

Clutch free throws from Follow_me players won the game and upset the 1 seeded Detroit Pistons I. Detroit shot 50% FG but missed 12 free throws which proved costly.

Follow_me will have home court advantage but Alll Stars did win the last matchup by 16 points and may feel they are the better team.

Division II.2
Bethnal Green Erks were once again upset by Lancaster City for the second season in a row. Dai Kunzheng again had an impressive game with 38 points and went toe to toe with Bethnal’s Mathew Godfrey-Brown who also had 38 points. Lancaster defended the rim really well as they had 21 blocks as a team, including a combined 15 by their starting bigs. Lancaster reach the finals for the second season in a row.

T20 Crickers were also upset at home as they were beaten by Borac Basket 107-89. Borac perimeter trio combined for 72 points and 18 assists as they dominated the ball for Borac.

The last matchup between Borac Basket an Lancaster City went the way of Lancaster, but Borac have made significant additions to their squad since then. Lancaster will have home court advantage though and will need the home crowd to push them to the win.

Division II.3
MexicanTaxiDriver’s invincible season is still going strong after a 109-96 win over Kauno Zalgiris. The difference in the game was MTD’s ability to get the ball inside for efficient shots, shooting 47% and only taking 5 3 pointers. They also got to the line 36 times as they attacked the basket.

BC Snaiperiai will be cheering MTD on as their promotion hopes lie with them winning the title after they were beat 121-110 by PONTIOPOYLA. The away team shot 52% from the field in the win which gets them back to the finals for a second season in a row.

MexicanTaxiDriver invincibility will be tested by cup semi finalist PONTIOPOYLA over a 3 game series.

Division II.4
The 21-1 CWA Fury cruised their way to the finals after beating OLYMPIACOS 1925 131-101. OLYMPIACOS’ C Michalis Sfakianakis had a crazy game with a statline of 26 points, 24 rebounds, 4 blocks and 6 steals but CWA Fury broke the full court press too often and scored on 61% of their shots. Duke Nieto went a perfect 8-8FG and Ivan Gegunde shot 11-12 as both tied leading scorer for CWA.

The big 8 top seed BC Newmarketas also solidified their spot in the final with a 104-84 win over Whetstone Wizards. SF Todd Jefferson made 8 3 pointers on his way to a game high 32 points.

Division II.4 sees the only finals which has both #1 seeds battling it out. The division II playoffs have thrown up plenty of shocks and upsets this season, I wonder if we’ll see anymore.

This Post:
315198.18 in reply to 315198.17
Date: 07/20/2022 09:02:01
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
EasilyBeatables FC vs. Ipswich WinterWolves 83 - 116

EasilyBeatables FC had the two highest scoring players, but a team effort from the WinterWolves led to a victory at Winterfell. Their SF Klopmanis led the way with 18pts/7ast/6 stocks.

Isca Centurions vs. BOY_LONDON 142 - 130

A wild game with the away team going 0/3 from three while the home team went 15/26. Paris and Bang both got 43 for BOY_LONDON, but Isca prevailed in the second-half with Villabedón's 23pts/18reb/6blk and more importantly Chapman's 43pts (19/28 FG) with 9 reb, 5 ast and 4 blks.

Zalia - Balta vs. Wigan Carpenters 85 - 99

The home team take the lead despite using less effort. Six players in double figures for Wigan, with the PG Hommet and his 21pts/6reb/9ast being the stand-out.

Eltisley Eclipse vs. Triximos Tricks 100 - 107

A narrow home victory makes this an intriguing series, with Eclipse putting up slightly better ratings but now needing to win two out of two. The guards Giret and Steinsdorff combined for 55pts for the Tricks.

Leicester Corinthians vs. BC Maxilla X 72 - 84

A bit lower scoring than some of the other games. Ten players scored for the Corinthians, but their top scorer Jericho only managed 12. The MVP was Dragon, who scored 28 pts and added 13 rebs.

This Post:
315198.19 in reply to 315198.18
Date: 07/20/2022 09:31:31
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
As already mentioned, I felt this relegation series was huge for me personally, my biggest games since facing js8 in the D1 finals. So you'd think I'd be excited to watch game 3, especially as its much better watching on the app.

I did indeed watch the first quarter and some of the second. However, I'm middle aged, don't sleep well during summer at the best of times, and this has been a very hot time, especially for someone born and brought up on the North Sea coast. So I'm unused to temps in the 80s, even the 70s is a bit warm for me, so my excitement was overcome by fatigue, and embarrassingly I fell asleep somewhere around half time. Don't laugh!

The good news is we won. Commiserations to KK Alytus.

Looking forward to next season now.

Advertisement