314225.2 in reply to 314225.1
Date: 04/21/2022 05:55:20
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
I guess I’ll kick things off.

My name is Deano and I’m seeking re-election as the National Team manager, though I admit it’s exciting to have 3 names as I write this nominated in. I think that shows there is a growing interest in the National program.
Over the last few seasons I’ve worked hard and put in many, many hours in scouting prospective players and communicating to managers. I’ve also made a point of trying to reach out to new managers to the game to try to help them get started with some basic tips and advice on training and setting themselves up. I have done this with the view that in order to push higher in the rankings we will need more Aussie players being drafted and trained and to do that we need to lower the attrition rate of new managers. Put simply, the more Aussie managers we have enjoying the game, the better our chances of a competitive National team.

I’ve also compiled a comprehensive list of every player to represent Australia at National level and all of their stats, which I update are t the end of each season in the forums. I do this to increase interest in making the National team.

In Season 56 we earned the right to host this season’s Asian Cup, which gives us our best chance in some time of breaking through for a World Cup appearance next season. We’re currently ranked 16th in the world and after debuting 5 new players in season 56 and 4 in season 55. To maintain a competitive team through a time of significant rebuilding of the roster is a credit to the work of the community, but also shows a willingness to hunt out options and try new things.

I’d love a chance to lead the side in the Asian Cup on our home courts and I hope I’ve helped enough of the community to have earned that, but if not I’ll continue to support the National program through training, scouting and showing an active interest, as I hope all candidates will regardless of who gets the approval of the community.

In terms of my own team, I’m still balancing training home drafted players for U21 and National rides with trying to take a purely home drafted team to ABBL - I’m getting closer! It’s a goal I’ve been working on for the last few seasons; I don’t think it’s been done before, but I could be wrong.

All the best to all contenders and may the Aussie side win far more than they lose,

Deano