BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Team Building Philosophies

Team Building Philosophies

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/15/2022 09:42:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Just curious to hear everyone's thinking & ideas on the way they build and set their team up w/ training, transfer market, arena, etc.

So I'm a League IV team, decent regular season success (bots), but definitely not ready for promotion. So after three seasons, I sold two of my higher salary players to focus on training my 19-21 year olds and possible incoming rookies. Just to make sure we're making as much money as possible. I've been investing in the arena and will really just focus on growing that so we can have enough $$$ to be flexible in the future and hopefully put that money back into the team for a future promotion push.

I have 2-3 players I'm focused on training. Level 4 trainer, Level 4 youth trainer. Depending on if I get a good enough rookie or not I might not keep the youth trainer since my good 19 year old prospect will age out of the youth trainer's scope of practice. I guess what I want input on is, am I along the right path here?

A whole mess of info here, but just curious how you guys set your teams up for future promotion and what those foundations were. Thanks!

http://sharinganbasketball.weebly.com/

This Post:
314082.3 in reply to 314082.2
Date: 04/15/2022 12:13:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you! That's about the exact plan I'm on now

When trainees hit 21, at that point would you say still prioritize training around them or look to the market for bigs and start training them like you said? (or do you mean buying established bigs already to help the now 21 y/o stars?)

Anyways, this has been helpful. Thank you!

http://sharinganbasketball.weebly.com/
This Post:
314082.4 in reply to 314082.3
Date: 04/15/2022 12:28:47
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Depends on the potential of your guards and what division you want to make it too. If you want them to be really good players then training them past 21 is most likely the better decision and get some established bigs. However, if you train your own bigs then you can tailor them more to your teams needs. This just comes at the expense of your guards not being as great as they might be able to be.