This Post:
Date: 03/05/2022 05:53:01
Folgado Lakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Folgado Lakers II
Hi everyone,

I have a question (perhaps directed to BB-Justin) about the implementation of player exhaustion as it sounds a bit ambiguous to me.

In the case of starters with high stamina and a substitute available, does the fact that the starter is exhausted make him play fewer minutes and get substituted soon, or does he stay on court (because of his stamina) but his performance drops drastically despite there is a sub available?

In other words, are the subs still useless if the starters have high stamina (nowadays they play like 2-3' per game per position), or thanks to the player exhaustion feature the subs will play more in order to avoid starters becoming exhausted?

If the idea was "to prevent using short rosters as effectively as they were at the top level of all competitions." as it is stated, I guess that the answer to that question should not be yes.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Darkonako at 03/05/2022 06:02:48

This Post:
313819.3 in reply to 313819.1
Date: 03/05/2022 08:31:12
hornets247
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
I've reported a bug that's likely linked to the recent exhaustion change as this is the first time this is happening to me
https://buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thread=313822&m=1

Right now I'm feeling while BB is penalizing for longer minutes, it's not actually providing an engine that allows you to have your backup to get into the game enough to avoid the long minutes in the first place.

This Post:
313819.4 in reply to 313819.2
Date: 03/05/2022 08:44:47
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
I have spoke to BB-Justin about this. He said to me that age 27 is when the exhaustion starts, so it shouldn't affect training of younger players, but after age 27 it will be very difficult to train 3 players in single position training. He did also say that he is hoping for the 45minute training rule (that currently only applies to 18/19 year olds) is extended to all ages.

I would assume that point 3 is pretty obvious, low stamina means you get tired quicker. That's how it should be. Likewise, if you're forcing players to take more shots then they will get more tired. This should stop people trying to play reverse patient with 1 dominant player, you are going to need 2 players for it to be effective.

My worry is with your second point about any sub being used when a player reaches exhaustion. Does that only apply if you don't set a backup for that position? If you have a backup/reserve set does it use that player every time? I wouldn't want my back up C playing PG if I have a backup/reserve PG set. I also would like to think that the coach wouldn't choose to use a C at PG (or better suited player) if a player not in the rotation is available.

This Post:
313819.8 in reply to 313819.7
Date: 03/05/2022 14:53:47
Ramat-Gan Billers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Maccabi Ramat-Gan
I'm sorry but making this change during the season without giving the teams the option to make changes after they see how it works (less than a week before the B3 and BBM playoffs) is a bad decision imo.

Personally, my team is ready for it, I have very good subs and it could actually help me against other teams with a short roster. But doing it like that without giving us time to adapt and learn how it even works? I don't like it at all.

Regarding the training of older players, i would prefer if it would hurt the ability of the player, even a lot, but don't actively take him out and make him lose training minutes. I have a 30 yo with 9 stamina that was out for rest after 37 minutes today. Came back later to finish with 42 minutes. I would love him to stay and play badly but just get those training minutes.

And i think here too it's mostly the fact that people are building their long term strategies for years, and then you just change the rules without a proper notice. I don't think it was ever clear that 27+ yo player won't be able to get 48 mins in a game. Was it even intended?

Thank you for your work trying to get the game better, it is very appricieted. But please take into consideration the issues and challenges of those changes. And pleaae - a proper notice of the changes and all of it's implications could have been great.

This Post:
313819.9 in reply to 313819.8
Date: 03/05/2022 14:58:47
hornets247
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like to add that I'm running a deep roster (competitive player up to 9th roster spot), but the current engine change is killing me as I noted in the bug forum thread -- while I'm fine and ready to have my subs to play much more time, the game engine is refusing to let them play because... the starters has high stamina (at least that's the suspected cause)!

As of now, I'm in a deep trap where my best player seems to either gets 40+ minutes if he start, or 1 minute if he sub&reserve. I'm really not sure how I could possibly manage the minutes here.

This Post:
313819.10 in reply to 313819.9
Date: 03/05/2022 15:17:54
Ramat-Gan Billers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Maccabi Ramat-Gan
It's a very good point. Making this change without proper change of the sub system is another major issue.

This Post:
313819.11 in reply to 313819.9
Date: 03/05/2022 15:48:21
Folgado Lakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Folgado Lakers II
I would like to add that I'm running a deep roster (competitive player up to 9th roster spot), but the current engine change is killing me as I noted in the bug forum thread -- while I'm fine and ready to have my subs to play much more time, the game engine is refusing to let them play because... the starters has high stamina (at least that's the suspected cause)!

As of now, I'm in a deep trap where my best player seems to either gets 40+ minutes if he start, or 1 minute if he sub&reserve. I'm really not sure how I could possibly manage the minutes here.

This is for me the main point that should be addressed to boost long rosters.

It is simple: let the subs play more even though the starters have high stamina! High stamina should not mean that the subs are barely canceled from the game...