Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
312074.22 in reply to 312074.21
Date: 10/19/2021 20:31:20
The LA Lions
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey! Thanks. Good luck tonight. I have to run out for a bit but I'm looking forward to seeing how the game turns out

This Post:
312074.23 in reply to 312074.22
Date: 10/19/2021 21:42:27
Belvedere Square Lagers
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Welp, my team keeps staying consistent. Losing by either 13 or 14 points in each game.

Meanwhile, the top 6 teams in the great 8 keep staying consistent as well. All of those teams have already either won 2 or 3 games, with just 4 under their belts.

Last edited by Nate.Dowdy at 10/19/2021 21:43:12

This Post:
312074.28 in reply to 312074.26
Date: 10/29/2021 19:31:59
The LA Lions
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I actually had a few things to say when I got back after our match, but I took too long to hit send and it disappeared into the nether. Then I saw Belvedere's post and thought maybe it would be better directed towards him. Anyways, when I first promoted to D2, my team was more along the lines of Yard Goats*. A top tier D3 starting five**, and a decent D3 starting five for a bench. My ceiling was lower, but consistency and immunity to injuries and foul-outs helped me steal a few games against teams that couldn't afford not to "take it easy" against me. The first 22 games were basically preparation for the relegation series. Oh, and something something longer cup runs.

As far as the team's current state, my bench is a shambles, and my salary efficient starters are become budget wrecking vanity projects. I just burned my gameshape because I noticed my tourney opponent last night tends to play his starters 3 games/week when he gets past the bots, and I no longer have the depth to ignore it. I've been looking to turn the end of the bench into another 20k/week guy (probably 2 more), a few more wins would keep my profit margin in the current range or even increase it slightly even with the added payroll; but I haven't been able to pull the trigger on anyone off the transfer list yet.

Farr and Farrar are coming along nicely though, and Presley was a nice surprise in the draft this season. I think we'll be a tough matchup in a relegation series by the end of the season but I wouldn't mind sneaking into the playoffs.

*I haven't really scouted Yard Goats, just a cursory impression from his roster before our match
** "top tier" as in I had two aggressive starters that punched, injured, and fouled out our opponents in 3-4 games straight during our playoff run to D2 promotion

This Post:
312074.31 in reply to 312074.30
Date: 11/02/2021 22:10:34
Belvedere Square Lagers
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Well to no surprise, the Great 8 destroyed the Big 8 tonight (with exception to a tough 3 pt. deficit loss for The Musicians).

I think that it's safe to say that the very best scenario, for my team (in our first season down here in II.4), would be grabbing the 6 seed going into the postseason. And that would entail the Musicians slipping up a couple more times and Upsyndrome continuing to tank. These are big ifs.

Meanwhile The LA Lions look like they are likely to be an over .500 team, while sitting in just the no. 5 spot in the great 8. And the top 4 teams in Great 8 are all pretty much still in contention to be serious contenders for the trophy.

Advertisement