Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/03/2021 15:15:28
Sandersville Preyers
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
From the August S54 Midseason Update: "And as announced previously we have been testing an update to Free Throws which will be implemented next season. This will make free throw percentages more realistic and also having Jump Shot and Jump Range become a small part of the equation. "

I understand having player characteristics that limit an individual player's ability at certain skills, including free throws; I welcome tying those abilities to other skills on a player by player basis, but I am concerned about "making free throw percentages more realistic," if realism is tied to the lack of attention paid to free throw shooting in the college and professional ranks. I'd like to be able to train an able player and max those skills without a tie to "realism" that is directly related to GM and coach preference in the leagues forming the standard for realism. Training six players on a roster exclusively for consecutive seasons is my idea of unrealistic. Building a team around players that shoot free throws at a high preference is not unrealistic. Perhaps I have misunderstood the intent, and maybe this has been addressed at length elsewhere. If so, forgive the intrusion.