Driving/Handling

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/01/2020 13:01:33
Hemet Hooligans
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
A few questions. I finally have a little cash and have been viewing the transfer list with the aim to acquire some veteran talent. I hope this makes sense: I see many players with a large amount of driving/handling, which i suspect is a result of a lot of one on one training. My question is when it comes to those to skills, handling and driving, how much is enough? Because many of the veteran players on the transfer list have a really high amount of those two as compared to other skills. For instance, i see a couple players on the transfer list that both have around 110 skill points, both guards, one of them - player A - has driving and handling as their highest skills, where as the other - player B - has their driving and handling a few levels lower. So when i run into these type of transfer list players with unusually high handling and driving, should i generally view that as a good thing or would most experienced managers prefer to not put quite so much into those two particular skills? Obviously and generally speaking the higher skills the better, but is the better value found in the A or B player? I dont want to spend a lot of money and come to find i spent it foolishly, so i'm trying to understand this a little better before i make the purchase. Also, is one of these skills considered better then another, driving or handling? Also, is high driving and handling prefered more or less if we were discussing Centers and Power Forwards as compared to Guards? Any kind of info or experience with this subject would really be appreciated, thank you.

This Post:
305413.2 in reply to 305413.1
Date: 07/01/2020 13:38:36
Blue Vikings
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Big Horn Sheep
I'd say player B. Also, watch out for players with high driving and low inside shot, because that will just lead to a lot of missed shots. Handling on a inside player does not really add to salary so it cuts down on turnovers for free. Handling on G's raises salary and adds to flow while cutting down on turnovers but might not necessarily be worth it. Like anything, it is about balance and you are right to question the TSP of these players but there is not a cut and dried answer.

This Post:
305413.4 in reply to 305413.1
Date: 07/01/2020 13:52:48
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna

1. defense
2. defense
3. defense
4. defense
5. defense
6. defense
7. passing
8. jump shot
9. inside shooting
10. rebounding
11. jump range
12. handling/driving
13. block shot

Last edited by Bernspin at 07/01/2020 13:53:20

This Post:
305413.6 in reply to 305413.5
Date: 07/01/2020 22:59:08
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
You are going to find your most consistent guards will have very solid ratings in HA/DR because it is such a common focus in early training because it helps with not just OD but IS and even a little with JS and RB. Also I think a player with high HA/DR will produce better opportunities. Too much JS/JR without it makes the player much much less effective.