USA - IV.11 > Season 34

Season 34

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/15/2016 17:58:54
Overall Posts Rated:
(part 1)

RECAP OF SEASON 33: The Big 8 sadly has another year of its representative being upset in the finals. I Believe That We Will Win dominated the Big 8 all season long. If it wasn't for the 1.9 million dollar signing, then I Believe would be moving on to III. This has left the Big 8 just like the Big 12, in NCAAB, for another season. There will be very few "off days" when it comes to this league. Congrats to the Great 8 on another title, however, to be honest, I don't pay much attention to your side of the conference until playoffs. Would love to see someone do the predictions for the Great 8. But as for this post; it is time for the Big 8 preseason predictions:

Washington Generals: The Generals are the oldest team to stay in the Big 8 playing 8 consecutive seasons. After having 3 seasons in League V, the Generals have been battling their way to the top of League IV since Season 26. Washington has won the past 3 regular season league titles. Also the Generals past two seasons have resulted in 20 regular season wins.
Total Big 8 Record: 136-40 (77%). Playoff Appearances 6. Finals Appearances 3 in a row from Season 30-32.
Prediction this season: 18-4 2nd in league

Team Turn Up: Team Turn Up have been in the league since Season 28. Powerhouse and ankle biter aren't terms that fit this team. Team Turn Up always is competing for a playoff bid but never seems to be able to tackle the top on a consistent basis. Last season ended 12-10 but still had one of the best attendance/capacity ratio in the league. If the money is there Team Turn Up could finally make that step in becoming a Big 8 power.
Total Big 8 Record: 75-57 (57%). Playoff Appearances 5 consecutive from Season 28-33. No finals appearances.
Prediction this season: 12-10 5th in league

Green Peppers: The Green Peppers have been in the league since Season 28. Have stayed as the obvious third best team in the league since I Believe spent millions on their roster. The Green Peppers have made the playoffs every year since joining the league. The Green Peppers have struggled getting over their rival the Washington Generals. Season 33 marks the first time the Generals and the Peppers didn't meet up in the playoffs. Green Peppers will need help if they're going to get over the two powerhouses of I Believe and Washington.
Total Big 8 Record: 89-43 (67%). Playoff Appearances 6 consecutive since joining in Season 28. 1 Finals appearance in Season 29.
Prediction this season: 16-6 3rd in league

Clairemont Condors: The Condors joined the league in Season 29. Clairemont survived a third relegation series and will stay in Big 8 for a 6th season. In Season 29, the Condors came into the league with a bang and made the playoffs right off the bat. Since then the Condors have yet to reach the postseason. There is no doubt the Condors have the lowest average age roster in the Big 8. They are headlined by 25 year old Center Mike Churchill who will have to pull a lot of weight for a postseason birth.
Total Big 8 Record: 43-67 (39%). Playoff Appearances 1.
Prediction this season: 6-16 7th in league Survive Relegation

Mercy Buckets: The Buckets joined the league in Season 30. The Buckets have had three straight seasons of having 15+ wins. The Generals knocked out the Buckets this past season in the first round after making it to the Semi-finals in Season 31 & 32. The Buckets currently are selling two of their young guards. If these two are sold this would leave the Buckets with 6 players and, in turn, a very small payroll. The Mercy Buckets boast a growing stadium that could create quite a profit to buy some more talent.
Total Big 8 Record: 65-23 (74%). Playoff Appearances 4 consecutive since joining the league. Have yet to make finals even though they have made semifinals twice.
Prediction: 13-9 4th in league assuming they don't make a big move

This Post:
277004.2 in reply to 277004.1
Date: 02/15/2016 18:44:42
Overall Posts Rated:
(Part 2)

I Believe That We Will Win: I Believe joined the league in Season 31. The joining of I Believe is what took the Big 8 from a tough division to a near impossible to survive division. At the beginning of last season I Believe bought a new roster that shook the league to the core. I Believe became the most dangerous team and would eventually represent the Big 8 in the finals. Everyone thought I Believe would escape League IV until Marin Sharks shocked both divisions by winning the finals in two games. Now with I Believe returning as the odds on favorite, it will take a total collapse for them not to reach the finals again this year.
Total Big 8 Record: 42-24 (64%). Playoff appearances: 1 won relegation series in first season(31). Finals appearances: 1
Prediction: 20-2 Wins league and (Please) breaks the streak of Great 8 champions

West Palm Beach: Joined last season replacing the WC Strike Club. West Palm Beach surprised the Great 8 by going 6-2 against that side of the conference. West Palm took advantage and was able to achieve a 9 win season. Their lone Big 8 wins came at home against the Condors and beating the Planes at home and away. West Palm continues to strengthen their roster and seems to be trying to work their way into a contender in this league. However, it will be tough with the amount of talent in this division.
Total Big 8 Record: 9-13 (41%). No playoff appearances but did survive their relegation series.
Prediction: 8-14 6th in the league.

Golden State Savages: New to the league as of this season replacing the 1-21 Planes. Welcome to the league! Sadly you did not draw an easy division. Golden State lost a relegation series in a different league IV and got assigned to this league. Besides an above average point guard, the Savages seem to look as though they will struggle as the Planes did. Might be the only game any team can sleep on as long as there aren't any moves made.
Prediciton: 2-20 8th in the league.

With the schedules posted as of this morning, it looks to be another great season in League IV.11. Comments to this preseason predictions are encouraged and would love for someone to do one on the Great 8!

Message deleted
This Post:
277004.4 in reply to 277004.2
Date: 02/15/2016 23:22:18
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the rankings!

I'm still stinging from the 4th straight year being in contention for promotion and not getting there. Being stuck at the $500k in money spot also is making it hard to bring in that difference maker. At the moment, I'm feeling like I'll have to do some roster tuning in order to even have a chance of making it out in what is becoming a very difficult conference to contend.

This Post:
277004.5 in reply to 277004.4
Date: 02/16/2016 01:07:35
Overall Posts Rated:
At least you're a part of the top 2! I'm stuck beneath you and above the rest. Sounds great and all but I literally can't move up! Either You or I Believe have got to get promoted this season.

This Post:
277004.6 in reply to 277004.5
Date: 02/16/2016 23:45:30
I Believe That We Will Win
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
Awesome rankings! Hopefully they come true, but we have a very very scary looking team from the great eight that has demoted the last two seasons from D2: Morgantown. It'll be interesting to see what their plans are for the season, and if they can keep that high salary roster.

This Post:
277004.7 in reply to 277004.6
Date: 02/17/2016 01:30:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow, a drop from 2 to 4 either shows that they don't care anymore, or they will just crush us all.
My team is still in flux, but I hope to be a bit better than 6-16 this season.

This Post:
277004.8 in reply to 277004.1
Date: 02/17/2016 10:23:08
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been in training mode the last season and a half, plus I bo a new trainer so that took a lot of cash and I still blame my fine for not promoting... I'll have to see what I can do on the transfer market, so we'll see how this works out.

This Post:
277004.9 in reply to 277004.8
Date: 02/17/2016 10:36:26
Overall Posts Rated:
I Believe- Good call! Didn't even notice that. That's not going to be fun when it comes to playoffs....great....

Condors- Besides the strength of the rest of the division, I'm not sure how you don't win more game. You have a decent roster that in a normal League IV would have at least 11 wins.

Team Turn Up- You got hosed. No doubt about it you got absolutely hosed. The Mercy Buckets and you are going to be fighting for that four spot all year long its going to be fun to watch.

(PS if any of you have friends playing in Pakistan, then tell them to vote for Evan Janssen for their U21 team. Would greatly appreciate it)

This Post:
277004.10 in reply to 277004.9
Date: 02/17/2016 16:39:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah great write-up well done. Your predictions are pretty good, our division is strong this year. I haven't quite figured out my point guard situation. I have never tried training guards before, its okay but bigs are easier. OD is so expensive these days. Lest we forget, I had the league MVP, but he wasn't able to close out against Fleck etc.

good season everyone

This Post:
277004.11 in reply to 277004.9
Date: 02/17/2016 17:50:26
Overall Posts Rated:
Tell me about it...I don't get why my team doesn't win more. I have a great passing PG, and one of the best interior players in the entire league.
But I drafted really well, so I think I may be able to turn my two studs into killers. 7'5" perennial all-star and a 6'6" potential scoring machine with MVP potential. I can't win this season, but I should avoid relegation again, and then I'll be able to push for the playoffs next season.