Canada - III.1 > Team advice

Team advice

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/17/2015 08:12:41
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if I can please get some advice for roster building. I just started playing and this is my second sim ever, and seems quite complicated. I dropped a lot of old, poor players (TSP <45) and picked up a bunch of young guys with great potential but not developed yet. Also doing my best to hire a good trainer. Just wondering what my next steps should be. I'm also having some struggles sticking with only Canadian players. Thanks a lot!

This Post:
275287.2 in reply to 275287.1
Date: 11/17/2015 16:12:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey not a problem, I can help you out. First off, what you are doing is excellent. You do need to train young players and get a trainer that is at least level 3 or 4. Now, it will take some time to train your guys, at least more than 1 season, so that they will be good in competitive play.
Second off, you really do not have to stick with Canadian players. If you are able to find trainees that are Canadian, that's great, but if not, no big deal. Merchandise revenue is a bit more if they are Canadian, but winning is much more important and will get you more revenue as well.
Lastly, go to the help forums and look around old posts and ask questions.

Good luck on your first season. I am also in first season, but I played this before.

This Post:
275287.3 in reply to 275287.2
Date: 11/17/2015 23:45:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you very much! Managed to snag a level 4 manager earlier today so hopefully that helps out. I'm sure it'll take a while for my players to develop, but I'm in this for the long haul. Hopefully at least some of them reach their potential...
Good to know about the Canadian players. I was worried I had destroyed my fan base without knowing haha, but attendance at our first home game was good so I can't complain. Looking forward to them expanding our seating for free, building new capacity sure is expensive.
I'll definitely do some more reading when I have the time.

All the best for your season as well!

This Post:
275287.4 in reply to 275287.2
Date: 11/19/2015 19:13:13
Overall Posts Rated:
when i see BasketballIQ, I know i meet u b4.