BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.2 > hey USA V.2

hey USA V.2

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/28/2014 23:09:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey everyone, i was in this league last season, lost in finals got promoted. Currently 16-4 in what is probably a weak d4 league.

Just a warning, last season, the top 3 in great 8, and 1st + 3rd (conference finalists though) in big 8 were promoted.

Some helpful tips? Young players ! any over 30 will only help you for 1-3 seasons. If you get a 25 year old, you'll have him for a long time or you can sell him off for a reasonable amount of money later on compared to a 32 year old.

Trainees !
Even better, get yourself a trainee. Train 1 or 2 players, you can train more, but i dont recommend more than 2. Train 1 or 2 players at a single position. Dont do multiple position training (like a PG and a PF). No ! Train 2 Centers, or a C + PF since the position is similar. Or a SG + PG. or 2 PGs. etc.

Note, Small forward training requires you to play them out of position for best training results. Also the toughest position to train. You can buy or draft a trainee. Drafting requires smart scouting. But you dont have to buy anyone hehe, you draft him. I recommend at least 30 scouting points for finding a really good draftee. 4 ball potential + should give you someone with at least superstar or mvp potential.

Minimum recommended for a trainee imo is perrenial allstar, but a normal "allstar" trainee can work as well.
I have 2 trainees, brad simpson and stefan roata. Simpson is great, but limited by his allstar potential. My other trainee Roata is an U-21 prospect. He's already on romania's u-21 team in fact.

CONTACT THE U-21 NATIONAL TEAM MANAGER as soon as you find anyone with potential to be u-21. They will help you train him. Having a player on the u-21 team gives you bonus income as well. And you'll havea stud for over 10 seasons, or you can sell him for a LOT of money. There are many benefits to having a trainee.

Learn the game, learn about enthusiasm and taking it easy, high enthusiasm helps in playoffs. take it easy may cause your team to play worse, but gives you an advantage later on. TIE + GDP is effective.

GDP, game day prep. Predicting your opponents offense ! This gives you a huge advantage. Dont guess though, if you get it wrong you're screwed. Check the game manual, you can find the GDP for each offense in there. For example run and gun is an outside and fast offense. Look inside is inside fast, base offense is normal, normal. Etcetera. Etcetera Etcetera.

Dont forget to build you arena ! Get it to 8k by d4. At least 10-12k before you reach d3. Build it in proportion. Fix your prices. be careful with player salaries, dont buy someone u cant afford, no matter how tempting. Doesnt matter if it sends you bankrupt.

Feel free to pm me. Or shoot me a scrimmage. I suck in scrimmages though, so you might win hehe.

Oh btw, you dont need more than 15 players, any more is a waste of money on your part. A minimum roster should also be 12. So about 12-15 is great. 14 is perfect for me.

again, feel free to pm me or send me a scrimmage.

Enjoy the game, dont quit, this is fun !
Watch a live game, there's a chat with it, and the chat is awesome. I'm usually on there too, so if you seeme say hi hehe.

~BarcaSwag
call me barca lol.

Last edited by BarcaSwag at 12/28/2014 23:12:45