USA - V.13 > Houston Novas news conferences

Houston Novas news conferences

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
261677.3 in reply to 261677.2
Date: 07/28/2014 14:57:59
Overall Posts Rated:
(This is a previous interview with the Houston Nova's coach jwade before his first game)

jwade Press Conference

jwade: Well first off I want to thank everyone for coming out today to support the team, and it is a real honor to be the general manager/coach of the Houston Novas.

DO YOU HAVE ANY PAST EXPERIENCE WITH A BUZZERBEATER FRANCHISE?

jwade: I've previously managed teams in buzzerbeater, specifically the Houston Psycos in Division V.171, and I think it helps me in the sense that there will not be any rookie confusion. I understand what I have to do in the game to be successful.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TEAM?

jwade: You can tell this group is very young and new to this type of competition, which you can expect that any time there is an expansion team. I think there is a lot of potential on this team. The one thing that concerns me really about this team is that we do not have a true point guard, but we'll be looking in the market for one once buzzerbeater approves all the paperwork.

HAS ANYONE STOOD OUT DURING PRACTICES?

jwade: There's a few players that have impressed me. Francis and Myrick have both worked hard, and a few of the younger rooks (Holmes and Deluca) have done very well, concerning their age. Like I said before this team has a lot of potential.

HOW ACTIVE WILL YOU BE ON THE PLAYERS MARKET ONCE EVERYTHING IS APPROVED?

jwade: It depends. Our first priority is to get players that will help the team. This does not mean that we are going to go on a spending spree. We'll be looking for some promising young players that can grow with the rest of our youth.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS ON THE TEAM?

jwade: If they make our team better, then we'll get them. International players have a lot of talent, and I think it would be unwise to ignore all that talent there just because they are not from the USA.

A FEW MORE QUESTIONS, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE MATCHUP AGAINST THE NEW JERSEY NETS?

jwade: They're a young expansion team just like ourselves. It'll be the first time our players play a game together, so it'll be interesting to watch.

WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS FOR THE TEAM FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON?

jwade: Make the playoffs, and make some noise while there. I'm not going to say that we'll win the whole thing, because there are a couple established franchises in this league, especially in our division. We need to just keep improving our team, and then in a season or two we'll think about winning the championship and moving up in the US.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME COACH

jwade: You're welcome. Go Nova!