Favorite Folders

Welcome S27

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
256990.9 in reply to 256990.7
Date: 04/02/2014 19:40:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Now that I am nearly broke I am waiting to see who else is going to start buying up a bunch of players. I think I got some good deals though so I am content.

This Post:
256990.10 in reply to 256990.9
Date: 04/05/2014 15:15:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I start with a 22 point home loss in a TV match and an injury for my newly acquired trainee hehe. That makes me wonder whether I should but a better doctor right from the start lol.

This Post:
256990.11 in reply to 256990.10
Date: 04/06/2014 13:26:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I had a new player injured in the scrimmage before the first game so I was wondering the same thing :p

This Post:
256990.12 in reply to 256990.11
Date: 04/06/2014 18:20:02
Overall Posts Rated:
I won by 1 ... next one I will be loosing by 100 ... just to compensate, you know...
I mean, to build up a roster in this kind of league is weird, lert me tell you...

This Post:
256990.13 in reply to 256990.12
Date: 04/12/2014 19:49:04
Overall Posts Rated:
First Power Rankings

It’s been really interesting to see what strategies everyone has employed as we all start to build a brand new team together. Three games have been played so far, and while I’m sure the teams are nowhere close to being set for the long term, this is where the teams stand so far.

1. Rapid Bunnies
The Rapid Bunnies have definitely proven that they want to move up in Utopia immediately. I don’t know if they can maintain this roster, as Jonas Kinces is worth more than most teams’ entire roster but if they can they have to be considered the favorite to win the league. They have a good looking prospect in Mtheto Dingane and even David Zamani. This team looks poised for immediate and future success here in Utopia.

2. Las Vegas Llamas

While I hate ranking my team high, so far they have played that way. Lai Pi Ao has played brilliantly to start the season and he is carrying this team so far. They survived a scare against an extremely talented BC Golden Sun team and got lucky against an injuried Carnica Endover. Still early on, this team looks tough.

3. Aris Malta BC II

They are the other undefeated team on the Big 8 side. They have a very thin roster and have managed three wins with a relatively cheap roster. This makes me think that they are planning to acquire another piece or two which could help them become a truly dangerous contender. This team also shares the ball really well, another characteristic of a dangerous team

4. Liverpool Express

Liverpool is the last undefeated team in the league after three games. They’ve managed to win close games too, with a point differential of 7 so far this season. This team also has a pretty small, cheap roster which makes me think they have room to improve.

5. La Paillade

This has been a team that hasn’t been afraid to spend early on and it shows with a 2-1 record. Enrique Drake could be a long term star for this team and Vincent Amade has been impressive manning the point as well. They have had a strong rebounding effort so far, and that will need to continue if they want to stay at the top of the league.

6. BC Golden Sun

Although they sit at 1-2, the Golden Sun is a very good team. They lost to the Llamas by 2 on the road and to La Paillade by 12. Neither of these losses are bad by any means. Giovanni Tamagnone is averaging 28 points per game and scored 55 in a cup game. His play alone makes this team a scary one, plus they should have money for more moves. They can be scary.

7. New York Clowns

Although the Clowns have 2 losses, they are a combined 5 points. That can be forgiven especially when you look at their roster and see the injury to their top player. Two close losses could really have been two wins with him in the lineup. I think going forward, this team could be at the top of the league.

8. Mukarov Black Stars

This team slides in at 8 because of their head to head loss to the Clowns. This team has bought a lot of players but still has a low salary. I think near the end of the season, they can bring in a star if they choose too. They brought in a lot of young talent too which sets this team up nicely for the future.

Game of the Week: Liverpool Express @ Las Vegas Llamas

Two undefeated teams enter the Llama Pen this week but only one can exit with a zero in the loss column.