Just Gonna Be Friendly...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
239052.11 in reply to 239052.1
Date: 03/30/2013 21:36:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey guys,

Last year was my first year on BuzzerBeater. But I must say I'm on BB a bunch now.

I live in Florida and I don't really watch real basketball because I hate how the rules don't apply to all players. But I do love the NFL and MLB. Go Rays and sadly.... Go Jags but I love my teams. I'm 24 and graduated from USF. I feel like I'm in AA or in an interview lol

Not on forums very much but I do use them to find out information on anything! Rattlers and Dr. Trans, I couldn't get past you guys last season!

This Post:
239052.12 in reply to 239052.11
Date: 03/30/2013 23:08:30
Overall Posts Rated:
It just looks like nobody in the tournament can handle Syracuse's zone. It's unbelievable how well they run it. I remember loving playing against the zone in high school, but playing against them would definitely change my mind haha.

Is IU? Yeah, they're losing two senior starters in Christian Watford and Jordan Hulls. Zeller should definitely stay another year and refine his game a bit. Oladipo is probably more NBA ready than Zeller, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck around another year. They could both go either way really.

And yeah, it should be a good game the next time we meet. Your guys shoot to well for me to play my 2-3 zone so that will have to go haha.

And now to wrlay88, nice to see you on here. It sounds like we're all about in the same boat being second year managers and all. Your team definitely isn't bad either. Honestly, most teams that I go against I don't worry about at all, but both the 88's and the Rattlers get me a little worried every time haha.

Also, as a Pacer fan, I have to say our bandwagon is always open :P

Sidenote, I hate how my team lost one game and it was really close... and my attendance dropped by about 20% the next game we played. Really? Needless to say we have dedicated fans haha

Last edited by Transky at 03/30/2013 23:12:27

This Post:
239052.13 in reply to 239052.11
Date: 04/01/2013 00:49:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome wrlay.

Yeah BB is a bit addicting. I wasn't on as much either last season but that has changed..probably why my team didn't finish so well lol. I don't watch the slightest of NFL...just bores me compared to the college game. And I hate baseball period. You did beat me last season...don't think I game planned for that one. But oh well.

And living in South FL must really be awesome....I'm still waiting for it to feel like spring here. =/

Transky,

I really didn't think Cuse had the offensive power to go against IU, but IU guards couldn't get them out of that zone. I personally love playing against zones....since I am a shooter, sit in my corner and just spot up. And if Zeller comes back I think he will be a beast for you guys with the experience he already has.

And who would've expected that none of the powers would be in the final 4? UCLA, UK, IU, Duke, UNC, Kansas. etc. That's crazy.

Lol transky looks like your fans are as fair weathered as Heat fans. haha
I'm trying to get a little bit more cash so I can expand...I think I'm one of the only active players in the league who hasn't expanded yet.

Last edited by JordonJ at 04/01/2013 00:53:15

This Post:
239052.14 in reply to 239052.13
Date: 04/01/2013 03:10:15
Overall Posts Rated:
Same here when it comes to the zone. I played point guard so it was always easy to swing the ball and get open looks outside.

And I agree, if Zeller returned he'd easily be one of the most dominant players in the country. Almost like how he was supposed to be this year haha.

This tournament has been downright crazy. I'm pulling for Michigan now though. They're representing the Big 10 and I'm a huge Trey Burke fan. He's nothing short of a phenomenal player.

And you're right about my fans. It's really kind of disappointing they'd ditch after that great of a game.

I'm not sure if I've expanded my arena or not. I can't really remember. I'm just worried about getting some money in the first place more than anything now though

This Post:
239052.15 in reply to 239052.14
Date: 04/02/2013 22:10:22
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm Rooting for Louisville since that's who I initially had winning my bracket...plus I like their ball and it will definitely piss off the UK fans in the SEC. I love Burke's game; he's a PG I wouldn't mind the Mavs having...of course that's a long shot. And it looks like theirs still a slim shot for my Mavs to get the 8th seed..the must beat the Lakers though.

Speaking of fans...I went from 5 or six straight sell-outs to under 2000 people. wtf? I did change the prices but hell it's not that high and I'm putting together a pretty decent showing. Maybe playing the 8th seed had to do with that....but idk.

This Post:
239052.16 in reply to 239052.15
Date: 04/02/2013 22:30:59
Overall Posts Rated:
That few fans is weird. I changed my prices earlier and suffered a similar result for a while.

And I've just discovered that position training your trainees can throw your team off bad. I just lost my second game of the season because of it haha.

This Post:
239052.17 in reply to 239052.16
Date: 04/02/2013 23:43:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah I guess that is the reason. Trying to get all the money I can...so I had to raise the prices.

Position training didn't affect mines really, not saying it helped either lol...so i don't know what's up with that.

This Post:
239052.18 in reply to 239052.17
Date: 04/03/2013 01:23:43
Overall Posts Rated:
I mean I did bench my starting point guard and start somebody with very few point guard skills in his place to get him minutes haha.

So it was definitely my doing, but I have to say I wasn't expecting to lose anyways.

Side note: How do you get promoted to the next division?

This Post:
239052.19 in reply to 239052.18
Date: 04/03/2013 13:53:30
Overall Posts Rated:
LOL...Well that probably wasn't a good idea unless it's against a really bad team like the #8 or 7

Not absolutely positive...But I know for sure that if you win the league tournament you get promoted. I think the other top teams in the league will get promoted if they have a better record & point differential than another team looking to be promoted after a bot cleanup.

Using me for example. If my team finish the season 20-2 but don't win the league tournament....while another team finishes similar, those teams will have a chance to move up if bots in the upper leagues are cleaned up (they will drop to a lower division) making room for more teams to be promoted.

If that makes sense to you.

EDIT: if you go to our league homepage and change the season to 22...( right under the forum drop down menu) you can see that 3 teams from our league were promoted..Phillies, Syracuse, and Sin City..even though only the Phillies won the league tournament...so obviously the others were good enough to be promoted based on the other teams in D.V looking to get promoted.

Last edited by JordonJ at 04/03/2013 14:00:10

This Post:
239052.20 in reply to 239052.19
Date: 04/03/2013 16:23:20
Overall Posts Rated:
In hindsight yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that. One extra loss isn't gonna kill me though haha.

And that makes a lot of sense, yeah. To be honest I kind of expected to be promoted after being runner up, but my team probably wasn't ready for it honestly. Maybe it was a good thing I wasn't haha

This Post:
239052.21 in reply to 239052.20
Date: 04/04/2013 12:25:30
Overall Posts Rated:
I hear it's always good to get promoted whether your team can handle it or not financial wise...plus you can always get relegated down.

For any other people reading this. Here's a link to BB's FAQ and suggestions....A lot of helpful info in there. And although the search function for specific questions/topics is a Supporter feature you can always Google what you are looking for just include the name Buzzerbeater in your google search. Example. 'What prices should I set tickets buzzerbeater'

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...

Or you can always just start a new thread....someone may help. But more than likely it is already been discussed and they will probably link you to another thread.

Last edited by JordonJ at 04/04/2013 12:29:08

Advertisement