BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.22 > Playoff Predictions

Playoff Predictions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/08/2013 15:42:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Does anybody here talk? If so, I wanted to start a thread for playoff predictions. Honestly, this is a really tough DV league, I've been rather impressed by the competition the last 2 seasons.

Waltham Celtic Warriors are a good team, but can't compete with undefeated team voodoo. The Big 8 is kind of a wash this year, with the third place team having only an 8-11 record. The Cavs will probably go bot before the playoffs, or anytime soon since they haven't logged in since New Year's Eve. Semifinal matchup here is a pretty easy call: Waltham Celtic Warriors fall to team voodoo who advances on the the championship.

Great 8 isn't quite so easy. We've still got 3 games left, and the 3-5 seeds are neck and neck right about now. I'm not much ahead myself. Saturday's matchup of Türkçüler vs. Detroit Sleepers will be a big one, and I feel like the foreigner can pull it off, while the Hoyas face #1 Houston Stars. Washington should be able to go 2-1, while I face Türkçüler and Detroit next week. Semifinal Matchups: Houston Stars handles Downtown Dudes to face team voodoo.

Any thoughts?

This Post:
235698.2 in reply to 235698.1
Date: 02/13/2013 22:18:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Does anybody here talk? If so, I wanted to start a thread for playoff predictions. Honestly, this is a really tough DV league, I've been rather impressed by the competition the last 2 seasons.

Waltham Celtic Warriors are a good team, but can't compete with undefeated team voodoo. The Big 8 is kind of a wash this year, with the third place team having only an 8-11 record. The Cavs will probably go bot before the playoffs, or anytime soon since they haven't logged in since New Year's Eve. Semifinal matchup here is a pretty easy call: Waltham Celtic Warriors fall to team voodoo who advances on the the championship.

Great 8 isn't quite so easy. We've still got 3 games left, and the 3-5 seeds are neck and neck right about now. I'm not much ahead myself. Saturday's matchup of Türkçüler vs. Detroit Sleepers will be a big one, and I feel like the foreigner can pull it off, while the Hoyas face #1 Houston Stars. Washington should be able to go 2-1, while I face Türkçüler and Detroit next week. Semifinal Matchups: Houston Stars handles Downtown Dudes to face team voodoo.

Any thoughts?

Yeah I don't think many others are aware of forums though.

As for Big 8, Team Voodoo is going bot they haven't been on for a while. I almost was able to break the top 4 when their was 7 games left and I was like 2-13.

I think Celtic can take it all and go to the championship, I just hope they can over come Team Voodoo's crazy default outside scoring.

As for the Great 8 I came in like one week before the all-star break so I didn't get to see much.

I think you could win it though.

P.S. I don't know how much of the league is active, and I really wanna stick with this game as it looks like a lot of fun. It's easy for me to keep playing if I'm involved with Buzzerbeater socially so if anyone wants to BB-mail with training or water-cooler talk that would be awesome!

Cheers!

This Post:
235698.3 in reply to 235698.2
Date: 02/14/2013 13:12:36
Overall Posts Rated:
Personally it looks like voodoo is going bot and we had a close game when we played them and I've done some tweaking with my team and have been focusing on outside d to try and slow voodoo down if I make it to the semis

This Post:
235698.4 in reply to 235698.3
Date: 02/15/2013 18:43:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Dude, you have been rocking it recently. I've been very impressed by what you and a couple of the other teams have done, you don't see that much in DV. And that we're having this discussion right now is rare too, DV is known for inactivity. If you guys want to be more active on BB, join the offsite forum:http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/

The top managers in the US are here, and there's a lot of helpful training and team management advice to be had here as well. Not to mention it's the official site for the National Team. BB-mail this guy ((28800)) once you're applied and he will activate your account.

Looking forward to some more trash talk with you guys. :p Good luck in the playoffs!

This Post:
235698.5 in reply to 235698.4
Date: 02/16/2013 13:36:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey, I just joined this game and it's looking pretty sweet. I guess I came in just for the last game of the season, I'm hoping I can beat Staten Island as he looks inactive and looks to be playing players in random positions and get to the playoffs. But even if I do, I don't plan on being able to get far. I still don't know much like how many teams promote or when the draft is so if you guys could enlighten me that would be great.

This Post:
235698.6 in reply to 235698.5
Date: 02/17/2013 09:01:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Epic win by WCW over the undefeated team voodoo! Looking forward to seeing the rematch in the playoffs. I should be set to take on the Hoyas on Tuesday, they're looking a lot better putting up some amazing ratings at outside shooting. And with my starting PG down with an injury, this match looks to be a lot tougher.

This Post:
235698.7 in reply to 235698.6
Date: 02/19/2013 10:36:14
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok! Matchups are set, let's get rolling with some predictions for the first round!

#1 Houston Stars vs. #4 Türkçüler - I was hoping this match would be a little more interesting. The Turks came out strong earlier in the season, but their enthusiasm seems to have waned toward the end here, and coming into this game with a worse gameshape situation than the Stars, I think that gives the #1 team the advantage here. Though pretty evenly matched in talent, the boys from Houston take the day, 101-90.

#2 Waltham Celtic Warriors vs. #3 Staten Island Nomads - The Big 8 has been wide open all season, and the Nomads have taken advantage of that. Though a very new and inexperienced team, they've been able to to pull out a #3 seed in the tournament. However, after last week's upset over the undefeated favorite team voodoo, WCW comes into this game looking almost unstoppable. They roll right over Staten Island 98-70

#2 Downtown Dudes vs. #3 Washington Hoyas - The Hoyas, lead by star PG Vernon Manning have manhandled quite a few teams this season so far with their fast paced, outside focused game. This will be a tough game for them though as the Dudes look to continue their mastery over the Hoyas after winning the last three meetings between the two teams. With the Dude's starting PG out for the season with an injury, this matchup will come down to how well they are able to stop the outside attack and control the rebound. The Dudes edge out the Hoyas 105-101.

#6 cant touch this vs. #7 Memphis Trojans - Two brand new teams face off. Though they come in with equal skill and ability, correct capitalization takes the day as the Memphis Trojans correct cant touch this' grammar, 85-77.

#7 Statesboro Knights vs. #6 Crown Heights Dynasty - The Knights have been cursed with many early season losses, forcing them to take a backseat this season, despite a strong roster. CHD is nothing to sneeze at either, pulling out 13 wins in the extremely competitive Great 8 conference. The Knights look like they have more to prove tonight however, and should be able to pull it off by strength of roster, 90-79.

#1 team voodoo vs. #4 Richmond City River - team voodoo came in last Saturday as the favorite to take it all this season. Their surprising upset loss to WCW lost them not only their perfect record, but their confidence coming into this tournament. However, guards Dave Rasmussen and William Jackson are in good shape, and coming into this game with a chip on their shoulders. Richmond City, though a tough looking new team, doesn't have the weapons quite yet to stop this guard tandem's devastating outside attack. team voodoo jinxes Richmond to win it 97-60.

Those are my picks for tonight! Let me know if you agree, or want to discuss the playoffs! Good luck to everyone tonight.

This Post:
235698.8 in reply to 235698.7
Date: 02/19/2013 17:23:14
Overall Posts Rated:
Gotta agree with that last pick. As I'm new, I don't really know much about the other teams, but it's safe to say that I'll be heading out against team voodoo. I was hoping fr some advantage as he is not active it seems but I'm just happy to have another game to watch so I can learn another new thing. It's tough knowing that you must guard the perimeter but not having the players or knowing the tactics that would best do this. Good luck to everyone.

This Post:
235698.9 in reply to 235698.7
Date: 02/20/2013 11:01:37
Overall Posts Rated:
These predictions are awesome. I can't believe I won by 1 point. That was such an amazing game. I didn't know I had a relegation game to play this week so I had to play all my backups for minutes.

This Post:
235698.10 in reply to 235698.9
Date: 02/21/2013 12:26:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Round 2!

#1 Houston Stars vs. #3 Washington Hoyas- The Great 8 semifinal game is going to come down to the outside attack. The Stars are a great all-around team, but with the Hoyas putting up proficient outside shooting, can they stop PG Vernon Manning's ferocious attack? After besting the Downtown Dudes on Tuesday with their excellent outside game, the Stars are going to have a tough time keeping these guys contained. Hoyas win it 108-97.

#7 Statesboro Kinghts vs. #6 Crown Heights Dynasty- Holy guacamole! The Knights eeked out a win on Tuesday in a barn burner, even with the massive confusion on the bench. GM Whitefoxx commented on the unusual tactics, "What can I say? YOLO! *trollface*" On Saturday, CHD will be back for more, but this time, they'll be facing the Knights' starters instead. The power of lame internet jokes brings this relegation series to a close as the Knights bring home the bacon, 85-70.

#6 cant touch this vs. #7 Memphis Trojans- In another close game, the masters of lowercase letters pulled out a 3 point win after an intense 4th quarter. The deciding factor here will be the GS update tomorrow and how that plays out on the star players. The Trojans are going to have to shut down rookie Zhao Guojie, the only player with a double double in the last matchup from SF. The Trojans lose their focus against the onslaught of bad grammar, 70-66.

#1 team voodoo vs. #2 Waltham Celtic Warriors- Both teams had an easy game on Tuesday, besting their opponents by over 60 points each. Now these two titans of the Big 8 get their rematch, after voodoo's scathing defeat to end their perfect streak in the last matchup of the regular season. The Warriors have drastically improved over the season, and now pose a potent threat to their opponent's stagnant roster. team voodoo's GM succubus was unavailable for comment, as he was drowning his sorrows in alcohol. But even that won't be enough to save them from defeat, 95-90.

Here are my picks, what are yours? What do you think? Is anyone alive?

This Post:
235698.11 in reply to 235698.10
Date: 02/21/2013 14:41:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Round 2 Predictions

First I guess I start with my game #1 Team Voodoo vs #2 WCW
While my team had a great emotional win against voodoo last week, voodoo is going to be electrically charged up with playing at home should be a closer game but I think we pull it out in the end 93-85

Next over to # Houston Stars vs #3 Washington Hoyas
Very interesting game this looks to be Hoyas with the most potent looking offense this season and Houston with a top notch D which complements there offense In the regular season Houston lost by 3 then won by 5 but the playoffs are a different animal and I see Hoyas pulling off the upset Hoyas win 115-108

#7 Knights vs #6 CHD

Knights were able to put up quite a performance in game one and with the starters back they look tough to topple. With the Knights home and getting there top guys back out CHD sadly falls 77-70

#6 cant touch this vs #7 Trojans

Again another good matchup in the relegation series with the Trojans home they get there act in grammer back in line
Trojans win 85-83