BuzzerBeater Forums

Ghana - I.1 > Ghana U21 team

Ghana U21 team

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/04/2010 06:30:25
Overall Posts Rated:
I have to say that i had a most disappointing experience purchasing a u21 ghana player.

I purchased a player who had started his whole 19 year old season, looking forward to having a chance to train him up to being a contributor the next season.

his 20 year old season, he did not PLAY in ONE SINGLE GAME.

I think it is safe to say, as long as you have who ever this italian dude ranked 12,000 that is running this team, to keep running it, i am done bothering with ghana players.

Not a single start in his second season after starting the WHOLE 19 year old season?

good luck ghana. maybe I should run for the U21 job next season.

mediocre od, respectable passing, prominent id, once trained profiecent reb on a 20 year old cant get ONE SINGLE MIN for the WHOLE SEASON at power forward? Really? Im in japan 1st division and this guy comes off the bench for my team.

Im done with young ghana players until you all get a new U21 coach.

DONE.

Last edited by Izaman at 07/04/2010 06:40:52

Somebody let me a hold a no. 2 pencil cause they testin' me.

This Post:
150361.2 in reply to 150361.1
Date: 07/04/2010 06:54:50
Sin City inFamous
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Iza, this is the matter for the entire Ghana League. (i'm one of the newest Scout for u-21 team, starting works for diablo about 10 days ago)

Not all the users want to train their players in the right manner. Someone wants to train only if players are in NT (at 18 years old, only for potential... this can sounds like a blackmail). Some other don't accepts our suggestion about training. Two ex team (now they are BOT) was training ONLY Res. Coaches (both U21 and NT) have done their work better as they can, but nobody can enter in users brain and change their ideas about coaching. I can add to this reasons the few participation of Ghana users in Forums.

i'm sad about this lack of experience and participations, hoping that this can change briefly

Only a coach, Cashwinner, has understood his key role at coaching, so he starts training young players.

Last edited by GM-Dyd at 07/04/2010 06:56:22

This Post:
150361.3 in reply to 150361.2
Date: 07/04/2010 07:18:39
Overall Posts Rated:
In a country as small as ghana, 21 users, you need to take the players you have, make suggestions, and adjust the TACTICS to the skill you have.

I can play princeton, base offense, at times motion. Your coach ran motion/run and gun the last 5 games of the season on offense and has run man to man 1 time on defense.

If he does that, 1) why demand i train inside shot and not js for a PF with respectable jump range? and 2) why not use a pf with mediocre od and prominent id and run man, instead of running zone every game?

i guess italians are running the ghana national team. good luck, because this guy is a liability to my team.

i thought i was helping ghana out. all i was looking for was a sign of good faith. put my guy on the ROSTER for a game and see what he could do off the bench.

the only two bigs not being sold on the U21 team are stars. that says everything you need to know, right there.

This Post:
150361.4 in reply to 150361.3
Date: 07/04/2010 07:57:57
Sin City inFamous
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know what are the answers to your question, because my work starts after the Semi-final match of u21 competition.

This isn' a 3d where i can answer to the second part because i declared myself eligible as NT coach, but i share ideas of U21 coach and you, pool of talent in Ghana is low, and i have to look for every drop of talent.
I ask, as a Scout, to continue to train your player, i think that NT needs every player. I'm doing the same in my team, with S. Diokh (18-years old without a pop up for his FIRST season, like yours!!! His first pop was been in Reb due to my train, in the last friday of his first season) because in the immediate future he, and this is the same for your player, maybe reach the NT or U21 team.

This Post:
150361.5 in reply to 150361.4
Date: 07/04/2010 17:57:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Im selling bathley, so maybe you know someone who can use him.

Ill leave you and your team alone.

If you are going to run princeton so much, why would you not even find 13 mins for big with respectable passing all season?

Good luck with your team.

but with guess 3-2 or 2-3 every game, guess wrong and it costs you up to 15 extra points in point diff.

This Post:
150361.6 in reply to 150361.5
Date: 07/04/2010 18:42:56
Sin City inFamous
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but your player hasn't got the right skills. A big, as a player in perimetral attacking, NEEDS shooting. His value, in perimetral shooting, is 3. And also, in IS (internal shooting) is 4. My AG (not from Ghana), for the Italian 4th series, has better valutation, at 19 years old. He's 8 at perimetral shooting and 9 at IS. Every italian user knows that in Motion, AG is a Key role. He take a lot of shooting, and your player has only Passing and he hasn't Res.
Then, do you know skills of starting5 and bench? Because Salary isn't the only valutation for a player.

Thank for your wishes, have a good game.

This Post:
150361.7 in reply to 150361.6
Date: 07/04/2010 21:44:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, looking at your team, i know how i would scout it to beat it.

Run man to man (the manager of Tounes rightfully should have a 60% support rate playing 2-3 against you guys)
Put a big with good od one your poor handling centers.
Bring my 2nd/3rd best shooter off the bench.

When you go motion every game, you arent really even using your bigs inside shot anyways.

The fact that your team is afraid to play man-to-man tells me everything i need to know about your team.

1)You will try to win by outshooting everyone.
2)You guess every game on defense between 2/3 or 3/2, either of which can be had by going base offense.
3)You dont consider handling an important skill.

*Your team doesnt have a true pg.

*Your team rarely has more asts than tos.

*You view bigs on offense primarily as guys who get offensive rebounds and put the shot back in.

It was a historic season, and for that, i give you kudos. But to truely challenge South Africa

1) You cant have 9 asts and 20 tos.
2) You cant play zone, you must play man
3) Your starting PF cant have 5 tos
4) You need more than 1 ast out of the pg position.

Your most impressive win was against Al Jazair, but again, your jump shooting overwelmed his od.

If you think you are going to mow people over with outside shooting in international competition, you will get a good lesson soon enough.

Surprising everyone with new tactics to win the first season is the easy part. The hard part is how do you play someone who knows what the ace up your sleeve already is.

Good luck this season.

This Post:
150361.8 in reply to 150361.7
Date: 07/05/2010 02:40:01
Sin City inFamous
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Iza, You are analizing U21 tactics with me, but i remember that i started to work only about 10 days ago, so i've not take part in playing decision.

But, when you analize my team, you saw only championship matches. I have, for my s5, level 5, minimal, at handling. In my series it is a good level. And i switch defense only because my opponent has better perimetral or inside attack, nobody play base offense.
My bigs aren't the players who get offensive rebounds and put the shot back in. My last season (12) PF was my second scoring player.