BuzzerBeater Forums

England - III.12 > Playoff time

Playoff time

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/05/2010 18:41:54
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like to wish best of luck to everyone for the coming play offs.

With the new signing that Zizzi just made, its all wide open for the top 4.

To be honest, my target for the year was to stay in the III division, I had no aspirations or plans to lead the table two games before the end of the season.

Lets see what happens.

:D

This Post:
145841.2 in reply to 145841.1
Date: 06/05/2010 20:11:50
Overall Posts Rated:
1 player does not a winning team make

Although i was surprised how far Zizzi managed to push you in your recent game...

Unfortunately i will be using TIE in my match against them to end the season, since i dont need to beat them just yet ;)

I thought it quite amusing that you put so much effort in to our game...the playoff seedings are too irrelevant at this point for me to even consider wasting my enthusiasm on these pointless games.

I have no intention to promote this season, so even if i do somehow make it to the final game, i will be making sure that i lose it...i need at least 1 more season of training and advancement before i am ready to test the waters in League II...Of course, i want as much revenue as possible, so i will still be trying in our side of the playoff bracket...the Greymercy Riffs are the only ones that could possibly be a beneficiary of my plans at this point

This Post:
145841.3 in reply to 145841.2
Date: 06/07/2010 13:04:20
Overall Posts Rated:
All valid points my friend (and indeed nice and facsinating read)

If by some miracle I make it to the II division, I have no idea how I will manage to stay up there, as my team is definitely not ready for that yet. However one point, better to be in II and make my team, with better revenue expenses, ticket sales, merchandise etc, than do the same thing in III.

So I believe that your strategy is a bit mistaken, as you will be able to gain more training and more moneys as part of league II even if only for one year. However I do hope that you maintain your current views, and do not try to get promotion as to be honest, i believe you are the biggest threat and number one favorite to go up.

Final point to make regarding seedings, the reason I put too much effort in our game, is because home court advantage counts for a lot in play off, and in the playoffs we will have the same enthusiasm anyway which will be 11, as it cant go for more than that, with only 2 games a week. If u were still in cup, you could possiblt push it to 15, but since u r not, we will have the same level

Providing we do make it to the final and meet each other.

My biggest fear is having made it that far with only 1 defeat and maybe 1 more maximum in last 2 games, I will lose first play off game, as my team is very inexperienced. But we will see.

Final point, yes 1 player doesnt make winning team, but Zizzi has a very good team in any case, and the new adddition is a very good one.

This Post:
145841.4 in reply to 145841.3
Date: 06/08/2010 04:51:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Pfft, i am far from the favourite to go up...i have an immensely one dimensional team, so anyone doing the slightest bit of homework can ascertain exactly what is needed to beat me. Whereas, your team apparently seem to play quite a few strategies quite well, so you can easily mix it up where needed. I literally have to rely on my teams ridiculous good offense at the PG/SG/SF positions and hope my big guys decide to actually play, which believe me, can be quite a rarity at times.

Oh, and League II wont be more profitable...your fans will basically abandon you the second your start losing, as BB fans are very fickle, and i can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that any of us would get utterly molested in League II. You may manage to not finish last as there will be other lucky League III teams that promote, and you may even manage to maintain in II, but you will lose more than you will win for sure, and it will kill your attendance and merchandise, which is pretty much where all your profit comes from, and the TV contract wont make up for the difference.

Also, you wont gain more training from being in League II...unless you are referencing buying a more expensive trainer...? But really you should have an Advanced trainer right now, and nothing more than that in the future...you only need a Superior or above trainer if you have a young star on your team or even a possible NT player.

I cant say i am too fussed for Home Court, just because its never made that much difference to me before now.

Enthusiasm doesnt just sit at 11 for the playoffs, you know that, right? Unless you are inferring that you have already reached 11, or will by the start of the playoffs, which i find impossible to imagine since you definitely CT'ed the game with me which would have taken a crap all over your enthusiasm.

My enthusiasm is only at 7, and i have used TIE in a few games already.

My team is very inexperienced too, as can be evidenced by our horrendous foul trouble in most games and even poor shot selection at times, but i wouldnt worry too much about...the talent easily overcomes the small niggles caused by lack of experience, and i cant imagine Bradley or Zizzi are packing in tons of experience.

Finally, yes, Zizzi is good...their record demonstrates that, but my point is more that i am pretty sure that if i run my team at full strength, despite us only being able to do one thing, i am confident i can beat Zizzi. However, running full strength, i am still pretty sure i cant beat yourself. Dont let my deep cup run fool you - i preyed heavily on the superior teams running backups and expecting me to roll over, but you will now doubt go full steam against me, and i assure you, you have a superior team to my own.

This Post:
145841.5 in reply to 145841.4
Date: 06/13/2010 06:58:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Many valid points, I just disagree with the promotion bit, I think that you can still improve your team by participating in the next league, and still make more money. I have friends who have done so, even if they finished second from bottom in higher leagues.

But who knows....

;)

Only one way to find out...

best of luck