Show messages by
This Post:
32764.159 in reply to 32764.158
Date: 06/04/2008 14:15:32
Molson Canadians
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Whooooooa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...

Ok, just finished reading up on the new posts here. Let me start by assuring everyone that the BBs are taking an active interest in this problem, and we're exploring possible solutions. Just like when people were complaining about the CTs during the playoffs, we implemented a solution to make the problem go away. We're listening, and we're thinking, so let's all chill out a bit.

There are some very good points made in this thread. To clarify, at the moment, mutual TIEs are NOT ILLEGAL. I'm *not* taking the stance that they're good for the game -- that's what's being discussed here -- but nobody is allowed to call someone else a cheater for having arranged a mutual TIE.

The developers feel strongly that Enthusiasm adds another crucial dimension to the game, but we also understand the concerns. Please know that we will certainly take the community's comments on this issue very seriously.

Having read through the whole 150+ posts, I think most points have been made a few times, so there's no sense revisiting old arguments. Let's keep the discussion going -- I think this is a very productive thread -- but please do try to cool things down a bit.

Cheers

Last edited by BB-Mark at 06/04/2008 14:18:06

Message deleted
This Post:
32764.163 in reply to 32764.161
Date: 06/04/2008 15:19:38
Overall Posts Rated:
what about this idea..?
if a team plays TIE and loses, there should be a significant attendance drop (more than normal) in the following games as the fans become really upset about their team..
i'm a Galatasaray fan and if my team loses a game without putting any effort into it i become really angry, but if they try their best and lose then it's not a big problem because i think the opponent was really powerful and they deserved the win..
IMO this system can discourage teams from playing mutual TIE..

There is no problem with TIEs. Everyone TIEs at their one risk, as they're giving the other team a free ticket to win the game if they Normal, agreement or not.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
32764.164 in reply to 32764.163
Date: 06/04/2008 15:24:12
Overall Posts Rated:
what about this idea..?
if a team plays TIE and loses, there should be a significant attendance drop (more than normal) in the following games as the fans become really upset about their team..
i'm a Galatasaray fan and if my team loses a game without putting any effort into it i become really angry, but if they try their best and lose then it's not a big problem because i think the opponent was really powerful and they deserved the win..
IMO this system can discourage teams from playing mutual TIE..

There is no problem with TIEs. Everyone TIEs at their one risk, as they're giving the other team a free ticket to win the game if they Normal, agreement or not.

YEAH
Thank goodness Kozlodev is back!! and no surprise he sides with the TIE community!

I like LA-Moutlinho's idea... although i copy GM-Damenas strategy it is only because I have to until i lose in the BB3... i cant imagine getting penalised harder on the fan front... its incredible how short memory supporters have at the moment anyway!

This Post:
32764.165 in reply to 32764.162
Date: 06/04/2008 15:35:35
Overall Posts Rated:
these last two posts belong in the sugestions forum, but okay.

In a way it was to be expected that something that was implemented by the BBs to add an extra element of fun to the game would evoluate into a nasty rope-pulling debate, simply because many many managers are left out, and only an 'elite' of teams can participate.
Why can't we all be happy for the ones that are in the tournament, pick our favorite team, get a bag of salts and sit back to watch the game and chear for the hoops our favorites makes, while cursing the roof off our homes for every point the other team makes.

I will tell why, because money is involved.
It is the same all over the world. jealousy. My neighbour has a bigger car, my colleague earns more money, my brother can make expensive trips 2 times a year, and so on and on and on. People are busy being unhappy because they only can see what others have or get, what they don't...

it is sad.

Therefor I will be the first to say this, while not being in the BBB tournament at all: THANK YOU BB for giving us an extra aspect in this game, an extra goal to strive too, and extra way of having more fun following our favorite in the tournament, thank you for the efforts you put into this, to make this happen. I truely love it!!

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
32764.166 in reply to 32764.164
Date: 06/04/2008 15:49:13
Overall Posts Rated:

YEAH
Thank goodness Kozlodev is back!! and no surprise he sides with the TIE community!

I like LA-Moutlinho's idea... although i copy GM-Damenas strategy it is only because I have to until i lose in the BB3... i cant imagine getting penalised harder on the fan front... its incredible how short memory supporters have at the moment anyway!

And thanks goodness there are still people who are ready to jump the gun and attack the person and not the idea. But then again, I've been called so many names in this conference that I am starting to think moderation for personal attacks doesn't exist. Some example you set as a GM. At least you didn't compare me to Paula Abdul on Music Idol, that's courtesy of another user.

I wonder why you would think I 'side with the TIE community'. For the record, I've TIEd every single non-playoff game up to now by virtue of being the stronger side. So yeah, I have little use for mutual TIEs and I can guarantee you right here that I am not going to enter in such an agreement for as long as I play BB. There.

As for ebustelo's idea, here's what the problem is: one of the major purposes of TIE is to give you strategic planning. Sure, you TIE the games where you are the guaranteed winner, but you also TIE games where you're the guaranteed loser. As someone mentioned above me, this so-called "suggestion" (which, mind you, specifically called for a significant loss of fans after a TIE loss) will hurt people who play the game the legit way much more than it will hurt the mutual "TIE-ers". Someone above me mentioned the same thing, but then again, he is not me, so no bashing ensued.

So yeah, I am sorry. I don't belong to the TIE community. I happen to be a part of the thinking community, though. I am very sorry that you don't like it, but next time please refrain from personal remarks and concentrate on the issue at hand. Thanks.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 06/04/2008 15:49:52

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
32764.167 in reply to 32764.166
Date: 06/04/2008 15:55:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Don't listen to kozlodoev, he's the Kaiser Soze of the TIE Movement. In fact, he wrote the template, that's why it is so eloquent.

Friends Do not Let Friends Play 2-3 Zone
This Post:
32764.169 in reply to 32764.166
Date: 06/04/2008 15:58:10
Overall Posts Rated:
sincere apologies - in no way shape or form was this intended as a slant or slight on you or your character and continuously constructive comments you regularly post.

Advertisement