Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/20/2023 15:24:33
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
Great, instead of being pissed for 2 weeks I, now I get the chance of being informed that my player is injured for f***ing 16 to f***ing 31 days!!! THIRTY ONE F***ING DAYS!!!

To hell with this piece of s***!!!!!!!!

This Post:
319263.3 in reply to 319263.2
Date: 05/20/2023 21:01:09
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
No, I mean:

Injury! 16 - 31 days
Detalhes: Concussão.

This is what shows in my roster page.

31 days!!! This means 4.5 weeks!! WTF is this???

If this is a bug it MUST be fixed NOW. If it's not a bug I'm quitting the game.

Last edited by Bernspin at 05/20/2023 21:02:49

This Post:
319263.5 in reply to 319263.4
Date: 05/21/2023 03:13:24
QQguest
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
The Injury Estimates is great! It also shows the power of Health&Recovery Center. Take this case (308116.12) as an example.
21 years old, Level 3 Health&Recovery Center
# Injury Date Heal Date Estimated (Days) Actual (Days) Doctor Level Details
1 2/18/2023 2/21/2023 1:07:26 PM 5 - 9 3 6 mild ankle sprain

This Post:
319263.6 in reply to 319263.4
Date: 05/21/2023 07:18:13
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
I think the suggestion that is coming from your experience and from others who have experienced this same thing is that there should be a max injury length.

From my experience injuries should not exist at all.

The only purpose of injuries in this game is to create an unpleasant experience, as if you had created a wonderful, challenging, complex game with a great and unique environment which has been going on for 15+ years and had decided to insert a painful and obnoxious feature in order to disincentivize some users to keep playing.

That said, I don't see at all the point of showing the range of the injury in days instead of showing the number of weeks, even more if the range is so large to the point of going from 16 to 31 days. 16 to 31 days is way more confusing and less precise than 3 weeks. 3 week injury was already a pathetic thing that destroyed the motivation of managers, you really didn't need to add more outrage to that.

Last edited by Bernspin at 05/21/2023 15:21:02

This Post:
319263.8 in reply to 319263.6
Date: 05/21/2023 16:29:24
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
There used to be 7 week injuries. 3 weeks is unlucky, but injuries have been reduced over time and there are so many opportunities to reduce the impact and likelihood of injuries in BB. I don't see how giving managers a more precise timeline is "painful" or "obnoxious".

If it's not a bug I'm quitting the game.

This is both childish and toxic. If that is how you deal with minor inconveniences in BB, I'm surprised you have already stuck around for 11 seasons already. I am hoping this was just a rage-filled instant reaction and not how you actually plan to proceed with your BB experience.

Last edited by E.B.W. at 05/21/2023 16:30:47

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)

This Post:
319263.9 in reply to 319263.8
Date: 05/21/2023 17:39:27
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
There used to be 7 week injuries. 3 weeks is unlucky, but injuries have been reduced over time and there are so many opportunities to reduce the impact and likelihood of injuries in BB. I don't see how giving managers a more precise timeline is "painful" or "obnoxious".

If it's not a bug I'm quitting the game.

This is both childish and toxic. If that is how you deal with minor inconveniences in BB, I'm surprised you have already stuck around for 11 seasons already. I am hoping this was just a rage-filled instant reaction and not how you actually plan to proceed with your BB experience.

I have 30+ seasons of BB. I play intermitently since season 2. I played in Brazil National League for 10+ seasons, I won Brazil Cup and I was Brazil U21 coach. Ok, this was a long time ago, the time of the absurd 7 week injuries, but I guess it still counts as BB experience.

If you pay attention to what I wrote, I was reffering to injuries as painful and obnoxious, not to the new "more precise" feature of substituting "3 weeks" for "16 to 31 days". I said that the "more precise" new way of telling how long the injury would last added more outrage to what was already outrageous, since now instead of "3 weeks" it basically says "from 2.5 weeks to f***ing 4.5 weeks". Even if in the end the recovery time hasn't changed, the "hey, it's not for incompetence, it's not for lack of merit, you have just been randomly screwed because someone thought it was a good idea to screw managers" message has been amplified.

I don't consider injuries minor inconveniences. Injuries have potential to cause major disruptions. They can destroy entire seasons and ruin teams finances to the point of non-recovery.

Training facilities and doctors are extremely expensive, you pay millions to get minimal advantages. They have extremely low cost-effectiveness and only exist to suck money out of the economy. Like you pay 1 million plus weekly costs and then your player gets injured and instead of 25 days he gets 22 days out plus 2-3 weeks to recover the game shape. The deal of the century. If it's a key player and you had ambitions, your season is thrown in the garbage. Not because you did something but just for the sake of being screwed randomly. You need to really love this game to not quit after this happens.

I might have been childish and toxic but I really don't care. I love this game and consider it the best game I've ever played, but everytime I'll get a player who gets injured harshly like that I'll come here and complain.

This Post:
319263.11 in reply to 319263.9
Date: 05/21/2023 18:16:00
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
Injuries are a part of sports and this is a sports management game. Part of the complexities and challenges of BB are injuries and the ability to have depth/options to overcome them. Can they be season altering? Yes. I've had multiple playoff runs cut short/end because of an injury. Last season, one of my better U21 players was injured before the semi-finals. It happens.

If you wanted to have a productive conversation about injuries in BB, that's one thing. This forum thread titled "Injuries should go to hell" does not sound like it was created to solve issues/make suggestions based on factual arguments or even opinions, rather it was for you to rant and throw around curse words (which by the way is not allowed in the forums).

I'm in favor of keeping injuries because I think that while they are not "fair", they are one of the factors that allow BB to be more realistic to real life basketball and real life GM problems. BB has never had full season injuries/most of the season injuries and I think BB has also reduced injuries to a point where they are more manageable. Others may argue that they don't value realism as much and want game enjoyment (no injuries ever) to be prioritized, which I can also see an argument for, even if I don't agree.

Your player is currently listed as:
Injury! 15 - 29 days
Details: concussion

This means that he is likely to miss 4-7 games and likely closer to 4-5 games with your level 3 doctor. If one player missing 4-5 games at the very beginning of the season is enough to crush your entire season, then your team setup might not have been the best. Looking at your roster, my guess is this is more of an inconvenience than a season-crusher for you, but you are welcome to disagree.

Last edited by E.B.W. at 05/21/2023 18:17:51

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)