Help - English > Need help with training

Need help with training

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/10/2017 07:17:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello everyone,

First off I'd like to apologize for my english, it's not my mother tongue and I'm doing my best :).
I'm new on this game and I'd need to have some advice about training. For those who know it I'm used to the management game "Hattrick" (football version of BB), so don't hesitate if you have comparisons that would help me understand BB.

Here are a few questions I have :

- How does the training work exactly ? Assume I want to train Passing, I have the choice between many options, including PG, PG/SG, SG (90%), etc. Why would I only train my SG's at 90% if I can train my SG's and my PG's at 100%? I'm not sure I understand.

- I've read that my players should play at least 48 minutes a week in order to be trained efficiently. Does that mean they have to play 48 minutes at a trained positions in order to receive the training ?

- If my most talented young players are C/SF, shall I buy a few young players at these positions and try and make them all play 48 minutes at the right position in order to be able to sell some of them in a few seasons, while dismissing all other goals ?

- Until what age and level is it interesting to train my young players ?

Many thanks in advance.

This Post:
288449.2 in reply to 288449.1
Date: 07/10/2017 08:01:00
Dynamo J. Hradec
První liga
Overall Posts Rated:
everything is written here: (3944.4)

Read through first. There are answers to your questions and much more:)

To: Veoz
This Post:
288449.3 in reply to 288449.1
Date: 07/11/2017 20:28:12
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all, it's great that you decided to join BB. Welcome! (I used to play HT a few years back, but that is neither here nor there haha).

1) The training is a bit weird, especially when compared to real life. For Passing, you want to play the player you desire to train at PG and he should play at least 48 minutes at PG that week, for example. He could play more if you want to, but 48 minutes at a position is all you need for full training.

If you are training Jump Shot, Rebounding, or One on One, there are 2 positions that are trained instead of one. However, 2-position training has 70% of the training speed that 1-position training has.

2) Yes, your players must play 48 minutes a week at that position you want them to be trained at. You'll know they'll get the full training possible when you look at the "Training" area and see the player's name with a 48+ next to it.

3) Looking at your team, I would train Glinnuer, Taras and Ebedli. Even though the latter two guys are 1 season older, they have more potential and can be trained to a higher skill set than Glinnuer. I would make Glinnuer the third trainee. Try to get him 48 minutes a week along with Taras and Ebedli, but don't sweat it if he doesn't.

You can sell your players for a profit, or you can keep them for your team if you like. Nowadays I'm keeping my players for myself because for me, it's not easy to get the player I want for a cheap price. You don't have to abandon the rest of your team. If you like, try to win as well. It's not always convenient or easy, but it may add to the fun.

4) The age you should stop training your players depends on your patience, the potential of your players, and how old they are. I or someone else can go into detail about this later.

To: Veoz
This Post:
288449.4 in reply to 288449.1
Date: 07/12/2017 07:39:32
Overall Posts Rated:
- How does the training work exactly ? Assume I want to train Passing, I have the choice between many options, including PG, PG/SG, SG (90%), etc. Why would I only train my SG's at 90% if I can train my SG's and my PG's at 100%? I'm not sure I understand.
Big Dogs already answered most of it, so follow his lead. On this question specifically we can go a bit deeper. The options for training work like this:

PA (no penalty options)
PG = 100% (you can train a maximum of 3 players if all get 48 minutes)
PG/SG = ca. 75% (train a maximum of 6 players)
Team = ca. 25% (trains the entire team)

PA (with penalty, the coloured options. Each option refers to the preceding no penalty option)
SG = 90% of PG option so 90%
SF = 80% of PG option so 80%
etc
SG/SF = 90% of PG/SG option so ca. 67.5%
SF/PF = 80% of PG/SG option so ca. 60%

What 100% means in respect of a 'pop' (a skill increase) depends on each player and his current skillset (so it could be 1.2 levels or it could be 0.4), however the percentages above will always hold true regardless.

The option for SG, SF etc have been introduced because the system is not great to train secondary skills. As you can imagine playing a C at PG to train his passing is not ideal or playing a SG at C to train his inside defense. As far as I know nobody uses the subpar options, especially because the benefits of playing someone at SG instead of PG are usually minimal (also because you can always decide the defensive assignment regardless of the offensive position...need to toggle allstar complexity in the game tactics page).

Note that just like in Hattrick you can make a player into what you want, in this case regardless of height. You can make a 6'0'' C or a 7'0'' PG, however tall players train faster in inside skills and short players train faster in outside skills. Some training regimes have little to no penalty for height (Passing is one of those, 1v1 is another). Normally 6'5'' or less is best for a guard, 6'5''-6'8'' is ideal for a SF, 6'6''-6'10'' for a PF, 6'9'' or more for a C (these heights assume you will train a good amount of secondaries).

Last edited by Lemonshine at 07/12/2017 07:57:16