Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/19/2011 11:25:02
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
I had interesting game against a very good Gonzaga Nikes team last night. One thing that caught my attention was the way the game engine handled game tactics. The Nikes' Zoltan Zsolst had 5 fouls less than half-way through the second quarter. He his an absolute beast inside and out, so getting a sixth foul on him would have been a significant advantage against that team; and yet, even with the Nikes playing a man to man defense, and my shooting guard having a significant size advantage on Zsolst, the game engine went to three-point shot after three-point shot. As a result Zsolst made it through the entire contest and was a key player down the stretch. Perhaps the Nikes coach switched tactics and went to a sagging man-to-man to cutoff the inside shooting, or perhaps I need to fire my head coach; but I found the tactics employed by the game engine strange under the circumstances.

To: LDR
This Post:
187694.2 in reply to 187694.1
Date: 07/06/2011 20:22:28
Overall Posts Rated:
That must have been a repeat performance because the same thing happened to me against a team this season within the past month (sorry I can't recall which team). The guy was a key player and had 5 fouls early in the 3rd and was playing defense contesting multiple shots that would normally be called for fouls on other players. Long story short, he didn't foul out, and I lost a huge lead and the game due to this key player being "protected" and having his way in the paint making him the hero of the game.

This Post:
187694.3 in reply to 187694.2
Date: 07/31/2011 15:35:40
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
There might be coding recognizing the ability of some players to play well while in foul trouble; but at the rate fouls were being called in this particular game, it was unusual that this guy got out of the first half, much less play the entire game and be a major factor. There are a few quirks like this one that have me shaking my head from time to time; the defensive positioning in the zone defenses is another one that drives me nuts; you have centers covering players on the perimeter so often that it is difficult to believe it is a quirk; it is definitely not like any zone defense I have ever seen played.

To: LDR
This Post:
187694.4 in reply to 187694.3
Date: 11/20/2011 09:45:11
Overall Posts Rated:
Just a quick Hi. New to the game.