BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.27 > Rival History

Rival History

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/27/2010 12:13:05
Overall Posts Rated:
First time I saw this interaction tool and it's pretty interesting. Does everyone get this or is this a supporter feature?

Anyways, I looked up my rival history with uthunkuknow:

His first season in our league - season 9 - he came in with a bang. Kind of the surprise of the league - similar to Swindon Mallets. He played a PTB offense with a FCP defense and swept me. I always wondered why he stopped using that tactic, because he was so succesdul the first few seasons, atleast against me. I'd have 20-30 TO's a game when ever I played him.

We've played 11 games total: 8 league games and he's 6-2 against me in league; 3 playoff's game and I'm 2-1 against him in playoffs.

Rival history with Sac Kings:

Sac Kings came into our league in season 10 - I remembered I was upset because he came from dIII and I thought he was another barrier to me in advancing to dIII LOL. Anyways, our first game we played was close - I beat him by 5 points and we both played the same tactics 2-3 zone and look inside. We've played 5 times and I'm 5-0 against him.

Rival history with The Anteaters:

I've been playing him since season 6! We have played against each other 16 times and I'm 9-7 against him. He was beating me early on, but for whatever reason his team got stagnant and never really improved like mine. I'd imagine he's not as active on BB as some of us are.

This Post:
148136.2 in reply to 148136.1
Date: 06/27/2010 12:29:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Speaking of how uthinkuknow came out of no where, I looked up past forum post of mine and found these:

Posted on 07-20-2009: My thoughts: I paid $400,000+ for a slug at SF (Sandy Golden)...I thought his Prolific jumpshot and proficient jump range would give me a nice touch from the outside, however...he's been giving me 5.0 to 5.5 game ratings each game. He's a big waste of space and now I have to wait to trade him due to the transfer fee tax.

Hodei Calimano and Fabian Bower are still my big beast down low, I just need a PG/SG to bolster my lineup.

I still think I can steal that 4th spot, as the 2nd half of my schedule is a lot easier the 1st half.

I think the biggest surprise was uthinkuknow, that dude came out winning out of no where and really doesn't have any expensive players on his team. I'd l;ove to see his players attributes, cuz he got 20-something TO's out of my team by using the full court press

and..

I think I can still do it, but like Cinci Storm stated, it'll be tough.

I think I can win 3-2 for sure (I still think I have a better team than uthinkuknow). I know he beat me last game, but I was still in the cup game and I sat out one of my top players (Fabian Bower). He's been a surprise but I still think I can handle his team...especially at home.

The other two games vs Long Horns and you (NB All Star) I'm counting on losses, but I've played good teams tough all year...so I might be able to sneak a win out of one of you two.

I was counting on Long Horns to beat uthinkuknow, however, that obviously didn't happen.

I was really pissed and confused about uthinkuknows sneaky-talented team. Goes to show that salaries don't mean a whole lot in this game. Team roster/balance and tactics is extremely important. Anyways, that season he bumped me out of the playoffs and made me re-think my training regime and roster setup. So in the end, I guess I should be thanking him lol.

Last edited by Tru6Playa at 06/27/2010 12:32:07

This Post:
148136.3 in reply to 148136.1
Date: 06/27/2010 19:40:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah I dont know what it is but my team has never even played a close game with yours..Your guys have dominated my team in every aspect of the game...And it is true what you are saying about balance and tactics and everything factoring very heavy in the games. Look at the league leaders lists I have nobody in any of them Yet had the best record in the league in the regular season. I was hoping to move back up but I knew when you made it through to the finals my chances were very slim this season...

This Post:
148136.4 in reply to 148136.1
Date: 06/27/2010 21:39:46
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
Never noticed that feature: we played you better in April than we did in June; not that I held out much hope of winning either. Congrats on your title.

To: LDR
This Post:
148136.5 in reply to 148136.4
Date: 06/27/2010 22:19:21
Overall Posts Rated:
In April I was sitting several starters due to my cup run...so that might speak for why your team played better than mine. Is this the first time you've posted on these forums??

This Post:
148136.6 in reply to 148136.5
Date: 06/28/2010 04:38:43
Sandersville Preyers
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Faulknersburg Friars
First time in this division--yes; and this forum is much more active than my previous division. That's good to see!

This Post:
148136.7 in reply to 148136.6
Date: 06/28/2010 19:00:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I hope this league has more humans in it than the last league I came from. No activity, no life. It was basically a bot league. I hope my success in that league doesn't cast a false shadow on what is to come for me.

Good luck everyone.

This Post:
148136.8 in reply to 148136.7
Date: 06/28/2010 19:11:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to the league....It is pretty active here....but our most active poster just moved up..(Thanks God I was tired of getting my ass kicked by him) LOL

This Post:
148136.9 in reply to 148136.8
Date: 06/28/2010 20:39:22
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks.

We're in the same conference and looking at your stats and ranking, I'm just about guaranteed 2 losses....LOL. But I'll give it a sporting chance. I put time, thought, and effort into my team, so I'll be some competition on the mental end of the game. I'll try to beat you, better believe that.

Good luck.