BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.51 > Just Gonna Be Friendly...

Just Gonna Be Friendly...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/17/2013 14:40:53
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been here for a season and nobody used the forums then either, but I thought it'd be cool if we could get some people from V.51 talking about anything and everything. So, anybody want to start with introductions?

Like I've said I've been here for a season. My team was runner up last season because I was blessed with some decent players to start off with. I'm not just a BB junkie though, I do enjoy playing and watching real basketball as I'm sure some of you do as well. I'm a hardcore Pacers fan and a fan of most Indiana college teams (yes, even though it's not allowed I like IU and Purdue at the same time).

I'll be looking forward to meeting most of you

This Post:
239052.2 in reply to 239052.1
Date: 03/18/2013 21:27:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Transky.

My 2nd season here as well. I had a pretty good season, obviously yours a bit better since I went 1-2 against you I think. I just need more weapons off the bench to get it rolling.

20 year old dude from Alabama, and a Bama fan ( NIT bound =( ...unfortunately)....do root for UNC occasionally. Also a HUGE MAVERICKS fan...even with the pathetic showing they have showed this season.

I actually didn't know this forum existed

Last edited by JordonJ at 03/18/2013 21:28:42

This Post:
239052.3 in reply to 239052.2
Date: 03/20/2013 03:17:58
Overall Posts Rated:
I was just checking the forums and saw that our league had a section so I decided to see if anyone would check it out haha.

Last season I had two rookies with very solid overall stats and I bought two big post guys and a solid point guard to go with them and it worked out well. My bench is pretty weak as well and unfortunately I made a few mistakes when it comes to hiring staff and found myself deep in debt. That kind of sucks, but whatever. I'll make it through hopefully.

And yeah, there were quite a few teams that a lot of people like that are NIT bound. I'm looking forward to the tournament anyways though. Who do you think is gonna win?

And I like the Mavs too although I don't get to watch them as much as I wish. How's my boy Darren Collison doing for y'all? I wish Indy never gave him up honestly, he was so much better than DJ Augustin is.

Hopefully more people will see this and check it out. Nice meeting you man, best of luck this season.

This Post:
239052.4 in reply to 239052.3
Date: 03/21/2013 16:33:38
Overall Posts Rated:
I haven't even focused too much on my staff right now.... I'm just going to play with the prices of seats a little and see how much upgrades I'm going to do to get more cash. Yeah I've been playing without a true center and only 1 decent PF all of last season. So I've been trying to load up on some forwards and find a big man.

In my brackets I've only got either Louisville or Indiana winning it...praying I can win some cash on a few of these picks. Just my favorite I can see a lot of other teams winning it as well. My final 4 is Louisville, Indiana, UF, and OSU. I got KU losing to UNC....maybe a little bias in there haha but Carolina is starting to play really well and if those guards are knocking down shots they are tough.

I actually haven't watched a lot of Mavericks this season...and it looks like the playoffs are out of reach. Collision was pretty good at the beginning of the season then went through a slump and lost the starting role to Fisher when he was still here and now Mike James....got a lot of expiring contracts at the end of the season, hope Collision stays.

This Post:
239052.5 in reply to 239052.4
Date: 03/21/2013 19:52:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have worried about them too much either. I just wanted to get a good trainer because I had two really good prospects, but I should have figured out what I was doing first haha. My two big guys are both preferably PF's, but they both have pretty good center stats too.

I had the exact same final four except I have Michigan instead of UF. I think IU will win it all though, although I'm biased there as well. I played against a few of their players in high school so I want to be able to say I've played against NCAA champions haha.

And I getcha. Collison was honestly one of my favorite players on the Pacers before he left because whether he's playing well or not he's always giving 100% on the court. I really appreciated that from him. Hopefully he plays well off the bench for y'all.

This Post:
239052.6 in reply to 239052.5
Date: 03/23/2013 12:12:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Haha

Yea, we're both doing pretty good so far. I think either one of us should win the league since we are already a season established.

My bracket is so screwed. A lot of mild upsets, and I could see Indiana winning..they have a powerful front line.

This Post:
239052.7 in reply to 239052.6
Date: 03/24/2013 19:54:04
Overall Posts Rated:
My bracket is pretty much screwed too.

And yeah, we're both practically at the top of the league. Not that somebody else couldn't buy a good player or two and take us by storm, but at this rate it's probably going to be between us.

Best of luck man. If only other people would look in here and we could get the thread to grow haha

This Post:
239052.8 in reply to 239052.7
Date: 03/28/2013 21:48:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, the rest of the tourney is going to be crazy....Getting ready to see the IU anad Cuse game now...good luck to them.

Oh and good game the other night...barely got past you. Your boys beat me up in the paint. Thankfully my guards pulled me through in the end.

Besides us, the guy who bumped the old thread, and The88s guy are the only active in this league. Oh well.

This Post:
239052.9 in reply to 239052.8
Date: 03/28/2013 23:20:45
Overall Posts Rated:
IU's down now but hopefully they pull it off... They've been really sloppy.

And yeah I noticed that. The difference? I CT'd and you didn't, and you still beat me haha. It was a good game though. My perimeter players just couldn't keep up with yours at all. Probably a good look at what the playoff matchup will be though.

Is there a way to let them know this thread is here? Because I know it's easy to miss if they're not looking...

This Post:
239052.10 in reply to 239052.9
Date: 03/30/2013 21:08:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah Syracuse zone beat em up. Are they losing a lot of guys next season? You think Zeller is coming back? I personally think he could use another year...

And I still have to come to your place...should be another good game.

I sent them a Private message...we'll see who comes.

Last edited by JordonJ at 03/30/2013 21:09:31

This Post:
239052.11 in reply to 239052.1
Date: 03/30/2013 21:36:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey guys,

Last year was my first year on BuzzerBeater. But I must say I'm on BB a bunch now.

I live in Florida and I don't really watch real basketball because I hate how the rules don't apply to all players. But I do love the NFL and MLB. Go Rays and sadly.... Go Jags but I love my teams. I'm 24 and graduated from USF. I feel like I'm in AA or in an interview lol

Not on forums very much but I do use them to find out information on anything! Rattlers and Dr. Trans, I couldn't get past you guys last season!