Prathet Thai - I.1 > Buzzerbeater hints and tips for Thailand

Buzzerbeater hints and tips for Thailand

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/12/2009 04:31:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi.

I have been playing BB since season 3 and have been pretty successful so far. I know that in Thailand we have a lot of turnover and only a handful of managers who play even one full season, let alone 5 or 6. Anyway it seems to me like maybe some managers might like some advice on how to run their team. If not, then don't continue reading. And, the following ramblings are just my own opinions.

First thing is training. You should decide on a certain group of players you want to train- guards, forwards, big men, point guards, swingmen,etc. You should get one or two 18 year old players with several respectables (at least) in the skills your position uses. For example REB IS and ID for centers. Then make sure that these players get at least 48 minutes in the position you are training every week. This is where scheduling scrimmages is very important. It allows you to play trainees without hurting your team in league games. I would suiggest that at leats one of the trainees is from Thailand so that eventually our NT can win a few games, but that is completely up to you.
Once you have decided which group of players you want to focus your training on, you should create a training regimen. In my opinion, the best regimens shift between two or three different skill areas- for example training rebounding for a week, then inside d, then inside shot, then back to rebounding etc. This develops your players evenly, which the rules say makes better players.
Remember that training is accrued only by players playing in the position(s) you choose to train. A players' suggested position from the roster page has nothing to do with it. Also a player who receives less than 48 minutes will receive only a fraction of the training, and it is not proportional. Meaning that if you play 47 minutes you don't get 47/48 training. It's more like 36/48 or something.

The next thing is building up some cash. If you are winning games you should consider adding a few seats to your arena. I wouldn't suggest making any huge additions, but adding a few seats is always a good idea. In my opinion, bleachers are the best seats to add. You should also keep an eye on your attendance and at the end of each month make ticket price adjustments depending on how full you arena is. If nobody is showing up, drop prices drastically. If it's full every game, you need to raise prices a bit.

So, that's it for now. If anybody wants to add anything or ask any specific questions, feel free.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
96468.2 in reply to 96468.1
Date: 06/13/2009 06:49:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you . . . I appreciate any help I can get . . . lol

This Post:
96468.3 in reply to 96468.2
Date: 06/13/2009 07:14:09
Overall Posts Rated:
My pleasure. If you have any specific questions, ask them here, or send me a BBmail. I would love to see Thailand's division 1 get stronger.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
96468.4 in reply to 96468.3
Date: 06/15/2009 02:08:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks somdetsfinest. I have a couple of Thai centers under training here, hopefully can make the NT.