BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > NT - 08/09

NT - 08/09

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/26/2008 5:27:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks to all that voted for me. I meant everything I said in my election posts & intend on sticking to my promises.

I am spending most of my BB time right now scouting foreign lands for any English talent, and need to move onto div IV in England to finish the home scouting. Any volunteers would be appreciated, just reply to this thread or send me a BB-mail & I will let you know what hasn't been done, but I will finish the scouting on my own if need be.

Once this is done I can get a better idea of the talent that will be representing the NT in the short term, and where the room for growth lies. I have some thoughts on the current squad & where I want to see the training improvement come from, but that is for another post on a not so open forum (or direct contact with NT player managers).

There are currently 2x centres listed (aged 24) who may be past economical training for some of you. They need work on their ID & R, I think posting a link to a player who is currently on the transfer list is against BB rules, but you can find out easily who they are by going to the Senior NT roster.

So all in all, I am going to be flat out scouting & getting player skillsets until the enthusiasm reset on the weekend but will try to reply ASAP to forum posts & BB-mails.

The next step for the English NT starts now.

Rob

This Post:
60934.2 in reply to 60934.1
Date: 11/27/2008 7:41:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, the first round groups for the European Continental competition are up.

We have landed in a group with Türkiye, Ísland, România, Suomi, Bosna i Hercegovina & Srbija.

The games are in the order listed above, so we get off to a tough start against Turkiye.

I will finish scouting players in a day or 2 & get started on scouting the teams in our group & getting some tactics together for the first game.

We will be looking for revenge for the 9 point loss against Turkiye in this competition where the team ran out of legs in the 4th quarter.

This Post:
60934.3 in reply to 60934.2
Date: 11/27/2008 8:06:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not the worst group in the world. We are 24th with Bosnia and Serbia 22nd and 23rd in the world rankings. The other teams won't be push overs though

This Post:
60934.4 in reply to 60934.3
Date: 12/1/2008 3:54:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We are outmatched in the 'best player' department against Turkey, Serbia, Romania & Finland - it is going to tough, but we have good depth which is going to help.

Fortunatly, Teslim Sefi is injured & wont play game 1.

This Post:
60934.5 in reply to 60934.4
Date: 12/1/2008 4:01:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
All supporters are welcome to join "The Real England Federation" which was created by 21stcenturykid & as been up & running for 6 months.

However, as this is a fed, and only for supporters, I feel like I am not including the entire English community in the NT. This is not how I want to run things as part of the NT setup is community involvement, meaning that any manager that wants to participate in additional community activities / discussion should be welcome to.

I would like to create an offsite forum that any English manager can join free of charge to make them a part of the NT community, allowing you to offer suggestions & discuss all things English NT. I would be posting game plans on this forum for members to view prior to the games.

I have no experience on creating a website, but know that it can be done for free as the US NT has an offsite forum created by juicepats.

If someone with knowledge of creating one of these would like to get in touch with me that would be appreciated, if not I will figure it out by myself

This Post:
60934.6 in reply to 60934.5
Date: 12/1/2008 6:46:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Initial Squad

Little Blokes

Rudolph Morris
Neil Hodson
Rudolph Mancier
Carl Gounko
Gary Adams
Geoffrey Dorman

Big Blokes

Scott Naismith
Michael Dale
Robert Aldred
Christopher Paris
Simon Howlett
Eric John

All managers have been contacted & are congratulated on getting their players selected, and hopefully can keep their lads in good gameshape for the tough qualifying campaign the team faces.

New faces are Christopher John (found in Brazil) & Geoffrey Dorman (local player) – both are congratulated on being selected in the squad.

We start qualifying with an even squad of 12 players, 8 aged 22, 2 aged 23, and a 24 & 25 year old – so a very young squad.. Some were unlucky to miss the cut, and their managers either have been contacted or will be contacted in the near future. We will look to the option of bringing some of these players in if they continue to improve, or injury requires it.

Heres hoping to a successful qualification campaign.

Message deleted
This Post:
60934.8 in reply to 60934.1
Date: 12/22/2008 3:30:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
strange game against Romania - we dominate the 1st, they dominate the 2nd, we dominate the 3rd.

6:30 left & our 6 point 3qtr time lead is cut to a point

This Post:
60934.9 in reply to 60934.8
Date: 12/22/2008 3:53:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
we came back to win the 4th & record an 8 point win - 3 from 3 & with Sumoi losing to Turkey we move equal top with Turkey but having played 1 less game.

This Post:
60934.10 in reply to 60934.9
Date: 12/22/2008 5:18:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Excellent stuff. Keep it up!

This Post:
60934.11 in reply to 60934.9
Date: 12/22/2008 7:33:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's some game!

They totally got the wrong defense and what do you know? so did we!

We defended far better if the PF stats are anything to go by and the ratings confirm that. All in all we could have won even more comfortably...

It looks to me like we are fairly competitive.

Good work!

/elboss