This Post:
323413.2 in reply to 323413.1
Date: 03/29/2024 23:26:07
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
I've never been one to support removing injuries entirely from the game. However, looking at how unlucky you have been with a level 6 doctor makes me wish there was a tweak to the injury possibilities/maximum length with higher-level doctors.

I never feel bad for people who complain about injuries but carry a level 1-3 doctor, but in your case, the complaint is very valid... Something like the following could help:

Level 7 doctor: Maximum of a 4 day injury.
Level 6 doctor: Maximum of a 7 day injury.
Level 5 doctor: Maximum of a 14 day injury.
Level 4 doctor: Maximum of a 21 day injury.

Last edited by E.B.W. at 03/29/2024 23:26:43

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)

This Post:
323413.4 in reply to 323413.3
Date: 04/27/2024 15:37:58
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
Doctors would be completely useless if injuries are removed from the game entirely.

This proposal was a compromise between the current structure and removing injuries entirely. There is obviously room to change the set injured day limits for each doctor level. Regardless, I do agree with the original poster that carrying a level 6-7 doctor and being awarded with multiple 2-3 week injuries is pretty disgusting.

I would argue that currently there's not much of an incentive to carry higher-level doctors when multi-week injuries can happen to several players on your team even when you're paying a lot of money to have one. I disagree that what I proposed would make them overpowered, but what would your "balanced version" of set injured day limits for each doctor level be?

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)

This Post:
323413.6 in reply to 323413.5
Date: 04/27/2024 18:14:18
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
If you know me at all, I've never been in favor of removing injuries from BB and agree that cases of being lucky or unlucky with injuries in the game are good. This case, as you mentioned, was very unlucky.

My point is : if you can get lucky, you can get unlucky. Or very very unlucky in this case. Luck is part of sports and part of games. But in BB, we have the unique ability to increase our luck (doctor, psychologist...) which is very rare in games. So there's really no reason to complain about this

My point is : That can still exist in the game, while limiting the number of days that a player can be injured if the manager made the explicit effort to pay tons of money for a high-level doctor. I think this manager is well within their right to complain about this. If their players had suffered the same injuries and they were only carrying a level 1-2 doctor, I would feel differently, because in that scenario that would have indicated that they put in no/very little effort to avoid/reduce injuries.

BuzzerBeater used to have 7 week injuries in the game as well, but that was reduced dramatically and now you never see anything more than 3(ish) week injuries. This was done because injuries are mostly random and uncontrollable and 7 weeks was excessive and significantly reduced the manager experience. Why was this changed if "there's really no reason to complain about this"?

Two things can be true:

1. Injuries reduce the BB manager experience
2. Injuries and the aspect of luck when dealing with them in BB should stay in the game

It's about finding a balance that makes the most sense for manager experience, realism, % of luck in the game, and user-base retention.

This Post:
323413.8 in reply to 323413.7
Date: 04/28/2024 10:07:44
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
As this has developed into a more general discussion, I was thinking recently we have the worst of both worlds with the current level of injuries.

They are rare enough that short, top-heavy rosters are the optimal way to build teams. But this means when injuries happen mid-game it is often the deciding factor, which is completely unrealistic and also ruins the gameplay.

So in my opinion injuries should either be turned off or turned up. The pros and cons of the former are obvious. The latter also works because it forces teams to carry deep rosters, as you will encounter multiple injuries through a season. But it means if you do get an injury then the replacement will also be pretty good, so a mid-game injury doesn't auto-lose a cup final or play-off game. This is more realistic but much harder to balance the game overall.

This Post:
323413.10 in reply to 323413.9
Date: 04/30/2024 11:50:55
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
If it's Nuggets/Celtics game 7 and a normal starter like Michael Porter Jr goes down early in the 2Q, the points spread only moves by 1-2 pts. If a starter goes down in BB the theoretical line moves a lot more than that, in a lot of cases I'd guess 10+ pts, due to the nature of how rosters are built.