Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
323179.18 in reply to 323179.17
Date: 03/27/2024 02:16:10
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Day 6 (Tuesday 26 March 2024) : Performances by (https://www.buzzer-manager.com)

Night results
Retro Heat 106 - Vancouver Webs 64
Dragmort Dragons Utd 65 - Big Gulp Reincarnated 86
Shandong Golden Lions 75 - Myopic Marauders 106
San Dominica Warriors 138 - Profs 47
CB Bethesdorf 105 - Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️ 120
Chippewa Reds 114 - Patriots 68
Fort Wayne Pistons 109 - Jumpstop Jumpers 119
Tasty Tardsicles 94 - Super Sonics 84

Best collective performance of the evening
Rebounds : 67 : San Dominica Warriors
Assists : 44 : San Dominica Warriors
Steals : 22 : Fort Wayne Pistons
Block Shots : 12 : San Dominica Warriors

Personal best performances of the evening
Rebounds : 25 : L. Zinchenko (Jumpstop Jumpers)
Assists : 11 : É. Blanchet (San Dominica Warriors)
Steals : 6 : U. Jaén (Fort Wayne Pistons)
Block Shots : 6 : C. O'Brien (San Dominica Warriors)

Top 5 of the evening
Point Guard : C. Wui Kwong (Tasty Tardsicles) (31 Points, 1 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 1 Steals, 2 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 28
Shooting Guard : F. Alidori (San Dominica Warriors) (33 Points, 4 Rebounds, 7 Assists, 3 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 43
Small Forward : M. Fuentes (CB Bethesdorf) (32 Points, 10 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 0 Steals, 2 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 26
Power Forward : R. De Calice (Shandong Golden Lions) (35 Points, 11 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 2 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 35
Center : K. Detkov (Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️) (25 Points, 17 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 1 Steals, 3 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 45

MVP of the evening
K. Detkov (Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️) (25 Points, 17 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 1 Steals, 3 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 45

The bad performance of the evening
M. Oakes (Profs) (1 Points, 4 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 0 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : -11

All kinds of statistics
The player who forgot to remove his mittens : A. Suprianto (Shandong Golden Lions), J. Gil de Borja (Jumpstop Jumpers), L. Zinchenko (Jumpstop Jumpers) : 8 Turnovers

Player targeted by the referees : D. Gay (Shandong Golden Lions), A. Suprianto (Shandong Golden Lions), S. Aranda (Fort Wayne Pistons), A. Venslauskas (Super Sonics) : 6 Personnal Fouls

The iron-man : L. Acevedo (Big Gulp Reincarnated), R. De Calice (Shandong Golden Lions), M. Fuentes (CB Bethesdorf), M. Kabila (Mindless Zombies 🧟‍♀️), L. Zinchenko (Jumpstop Jumpers) : 48 Minutes

The shooter : M. Ayaz (Jumpstop Jumpers) : 7 Three points

The best performer : J. Tennyson (Retro Heat) : Rating : 18.5

The worst performer : E. Revillas (Patriots) : Rating : 0.0

This Post:
323179.19 in reply to 323179.11
Date: 03/31/2024 19:20:41
Linndale
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
Greetings to everyone except CB Bethesdorf. We hate you with the fire of 1,000,000 suns. Or rusted barbecue grills; whichever is easier for you.

And Jumpstop Jumpers. Respectfully though...

Coach Stephenson, I bring a message to you from Pio Reina. He says he hates it here in DIV. He says to tell you that there is no competition here, we knew there wouldn't be, and it appears early on that you are doing well. We also have an undefeated record, but again, we expected as much.

Checking the standings, I am reminded the the Big 8 owns the Great 8. It is the law of the land. It appears to me that there may be a change in the natural order of things. This saddens me. I humbly request as a Big 8 alum you guys---and I cannot stress this enough; these are the words of Pio Reina--- GET YOUR S#!+ TOGETHER AND STOMP MUDHOLES IN THE GREAT 8 AND WALK THEM DRY.

Again, I am just relaying a message from Pio Reina...

Coach Stephenson, it appears as though you may be gone along with Tasty Tardsicles before I am able to make my return to this great league. I had hoped to tangle with you upon my return. I look forward to our matchups. Alas, if it is not to be, so be it. I'll just kick the crap out of who's left when i get there and join you in DII.

Especially CB Bethesdorf. It's personal. And Jumpstop. For general principle.

It hurts to see what the old neighborhood is becoming...

This Post:
323179.20 in reply to 323179.19
Date: 04/01/2024 14:40:19
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
The 1st round of conference play has finished. For many teams some questions have been answered and for others if not all some questions remain. As we go into interconference play here are the 1st set of power rankings for the league

16.) Patriots
Why are they here: It was said earlier in the season that the Patriots are on the poor end of the talent margin but reside in a conference that would have no problems preying upon them. Seven games in this has not changed at all. The evolution of the Patriots will continue but next season it will be in division IV

15.) Profs

Why are they here: The Profs are just lacking at the moment. Lack experience, lack talent and lack money and resources to have a miraculous remaining two thirds of the season. All of us have been where the Profs are and eventually they’ll be up there with the contenders just not this year

14.) Vancouver Webs
Why are they here:
Pretty much the same reasons as the Profs

13.) CB Bethesdorf
Why are they here:
Here is where we get to some bizarre parts of the rankings. The Bethes were able to survive relegation last season but the have not improved enough to keep pace with the new Great 8. Now that can change but for now this team is looking to figure things out in interdivision play

12.) Mindless Zombies
Why are they here
: One simple word Rebuild. The Zombie Express basically called it at the end of last season: the departure of Thomas Freeman and Warner Acevedo was pretty much the entrance of the Zombies to Tankville. All teams have windows and the Zombies made a good run during theirs. For a lot of teams ranked higher this is what is waiting at the end of the rainbow.

11.) Chippewa Reds
Why are they here:
The Reds have adjusted better to division III than many expected. They are still lacking many things and are likely looking at relegation at the end of it all but they have the ability to make a run and scare some teams

10.) Shendong Golden Lions
Why are they here:
Bad luck. The Lions have a talented roster the problems is so do a good number of other teams in the Big Blue. If the Lions can fix a few tweaks like mainly turnovers and a bit of bench help, the Lions could end the season back in the playoffs

9.) Myopic Marauders
Why are they here
: One word: Depth. Pretty much the difference between the Marauders being on the outside looking in after the first seven is depth. They figure out this problem and the Big 8 playoff picture will look very different by game 20.

This Post:
323179.21 in reply to 323179.20
Date: 04/01/2024 14:54:08
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Power Rankings Part II

8.) Fort Wayne Pistons
Why are they here:
Yes Fort Wayne has two of the best scorers in the league, yes they’re good at blocking shots and yet at times it seems like the Pistons can’t get out of their own way. Now will this get worse or better going into interconference play will be the big question with them.

7.) Dragmort Dragons Utd
Why are they here
: Yes we know Fort Wayne has Jaen and Aranda and lead the league in blocked shot but the Dragons have “Pack Uzi” and the Dragons have won all the games they should win. Least for the time being

6.) Jumpstop Jumpers
Why are they here
: That is a good question. If this was March Madness the Jumpers being in this spot would raise some questioning. They don’t seem to do anything to make one go “Ooh shinny” on any side of the court. But they do win. Now will that be the case going in game 18 I cannot see but right now

5.) Retro Heat
Why are they here:
The Retro Heat struggled their first two games and since then have been on fire. Their efficiency have jumped since week 2. Right now they’ve figured out things the question is can they keep it going enough to go from good to dangerous.

4.) Super Sonics
Why are they here:
The Sonics have a pretty well balanced team and their ability to wreck on the boards on the offensive end is the major reason why they’re in this spot The Gulp have a better defense in my opinion why is why

3.) Big Gulp Incorporated
Why are they here
: Yeah I know why do the Big Gulp here over the Retro Heat when the Heat have definitely been turning it up the last five games. Answer: Defense. The Gulp have one the stingiest defenses in the league and with the exception of the Warriors and the Heat, have not let a team score over 70. In the long run so far I believe that will be the difference maker that put the Gulp over

2.) San Dominica Warriors
Why are they here:
At first it was the question of if the Warriors could fit to the changes that came to the Big 8 neighborhood but after seven games the Warriors are in the best position following the opening conference round ever since coming to the league. The reason is an all too familiar one to veteran teams of the league: the Warrior bench is so far the best bench in the league and a big reason for their 7-0 record

1.) Tasty Tardsicles
Why are they here:
Right now the Tards have the one thing that the Warriors do not at the moment and that’s a recent finals appearance. They’ve been an offensive juggernault the first round of conference play averaging just under 116 points per game. They haven’t been slouches on the defensive end either. The Tards have pretty much took up where they left off last season after winning the regular season and being the Great 8 representative in the finals. From this point the league title is theirs to lose, but things can change

This Post:
323179.22 in reply to 323179.21
Date: 04/02/2024 09:50:54
Retro Heat
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Big Gulp didn't play their starters when we faced each other. They were focusing on the cup. So agree with the standings. Keep up the good reads and stats! I believe the Big 8 is stronger than the Great 8. We shall see how these next series of games go.

This Post:
323179.23 in reply to 323179.21
Date: 04/02/2024 11:23:29
Jumpstop Jumpers
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jumpstop Jumpers II
I only have 3 players, I should not be ranked this high 😂

This Post:
323179.24 in reply to 323179.19
Date: 04/02/2024 11:24:01
Jumpstop Jumpers
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jumpstop Jumpers II
As for you, do not fret. I’m not going anywhere. I’m just coasting.

This Post:
323179.25 in reply to 323179.23
Date: 04/02/2024 14:52:03
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
I know you only have three players!

Whole league knows you only have three players.

Issue is you 5-2 and in 3rd place. What was I suppose to do? LOL

This Post:
323179.26 in reply to 323179.25
Date: 04/02/2024 23:12:04
I'm ducking out of inter inference competition. I'd rather save 88k a week.

This Post:
323179.27 in reply to 323179.25
Date: 04/09/2024 20:01:47
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Charles:
I’m Charles Sanborn. Here with me are Hunt, the legend himself Bret Rodrigues, the original San Dominican, Stuart Wilson, and our own Samantha Walsh

Ok so, Warriors started off the season and 1st round of conference play undefeated, 7-0. Since then 0-2. Should we be concerned or is this just one of those things

Bret:
Nah, hmm not yet. The Warriors played two good teams. The Tards are probably favored to win the whole thing. The Super Sonics are no walkovers so no, just two losses that hey they happen.

Stuart:
Yeah I’m with Bret. The Warriors played two good teams, unfortunately came out with two losses. However there are concerns coming out of those two losses

Charles:
Yeah, I was wondering which of you were going to bring up the issues. So Sam speaking of issues what did you see is the main issue

Samantha:
One of the highlights the first seven games was the Warrior’s bench. Last two games the bench has been stagnant to say the least.

Hunt:
See I don’t think the bench is to blame. To be honest, those two were bad coaching and a starting five relying too much on a bench to bail them out.

Bret:
Now the good thing is there’s still time. We’re not at the doomsday hour yet. I think these are just two losses that occurred and the Warriors will turn things around by the time the 2nd round of conference play begins again.

Stuart:
You don’t have to go undefeated, you just have to do enough to make the playoffs and THEN go undefeated. I think tonight we start to see the Warriors make some adjustments.

Charles:
They only have three players but they have more wins than losses

Bret:
I think the Warriors get back on the winning track tonight

Hunt:
Not if they keep playing right into the other team’s strengths

Charles:
We’ll be right back

This Post:
323179.28 in reply to 323179.27
Date: 04/24/2024 11:02:06
Big Gulp Reincarnated