BB Global (English) > Newbie view on BB

Newbie view on BB

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/27/2020 04:50:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

since this week I am new to this game. I used to play similar game (also slow-paced game) Charazay but it is dead now for some time. That is also the reason that I decided to try BB. From what I found so far, some stuff are similar to Charazay and some are very opposite.

First thing that comes to mind is training. Every guide and thread about it says that training is the most important thing in BB. But I discovered that you can only train some of your players in order to have a succesfull training. And that is somewhat normal to managers. So if I wanted to start with a young team/players in the lower league and try to raise them as a group (progressing through leagues), they would not be succesfully developed or only few of them would get max training while others would stay on a 18-20 year old level?

So with the sistem as it is, is training really that important?

Wouldn`t it be better to just get some old geezers (30-35yo) that already have the skills, play them and not worry about the training at all? You could just replace them as cheap as possible depending what your league money and skill requires.

Also, with so many players coming out the draft (draft structure I like a lot, all of it so far), do most of them go straight to the dumpster? I imagine that only some teams are willing to train new players. Even if, let`s say best case scenario, starting one year every team would take one player from the draft to their roster. And let`s say that the team is training two positions (if I understood there are only two viable options to train - one or two positions therefore max 6 players). In six seasons all training spots would be filled. Where to fit all the players coming behind them? I get it, not all rookies are roster spot worthy. But also not every team trains 6 players.

Tell me what am I missing? Simple math doesn`t offer a solution to how can there be so much trained players in their 30s on the market? If saw a lot of free agents on the market. Do the game keep getting new players on the market? Or is this the effect cause the game is loosing managers?

I just think that training would be much better if all roster players that would get playing time that week (expect injured ones) would be trained. And there would be two possible tipes of training per week. So you could choose player A,B,D,E,F training passing and players C,G,H,I,J training inside defence. All 100% and then add elasticity effect and height. What do you guys think? Are you satisfied with current training engine or would you be willing to try my idea?

Really like the 10% tax on money over 25M (I think it is 25M). In my old game some teams would just amass unbelievable sums of money that they would never spend or some of them would make prices for the best players unreachable.

Also as I said before, I like draft. Don`t know how it turns out, but the whole idea is really likable. Much better than in Charazay.

One last thing (for now :)) - games are played with only 5 players if there are no injuries, fouling outs, or blow outs. That is pretty strange to me. Not saying it should be changed but what about playing per quarter? You would adjust players for each quarter. Maybe even tell them how to play in that match (aggresive defence, passive offence, offensive fokus,...). I realise that this is not some easy fix but that was one of my favourite things in Charazay. People would go deep into analysing other teams, forums were full of discussions even with fewer managers.

As I said, these are just some of my first thoughts about BB. Let me know what you think? Is the game flexible enough for you? Do you like the way it is or would you like to change it a bit?

Thanks for the patience for reading through all this and for your answers, tminc83.