BuzzerBeater Forums

BB New Zealand > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
304660.3 in reply to 304660.2
Date: 06/05/2020 08:46:36
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello to the NZ BB community!

I tried to hold my speech for as long as possible until someone else elected themselves.

I will be throwing my name out there to be New Zealand's U21 manager for a second term. In my first term, our team started out being ranked 78 in the world with a database of only 20 players. Towards the end of my term, we were ranked 63 and now we have a database of around 40 possible U21 players.

As things look now, we will be having a very young team, with the addition of recent draftees, which I am optimistic of. My main goal in my previous term was to target those who were 18 and 19 year olds so that by the time they're 21 years old, they can dominate. I will continue doing this so that we won't have a very successful team for one season, whilst compromising the talent and results of the next.

I'm prepared to assist trainers who want/need training plans to improve their players (as I have been doing so far) and im willing to accept feedback on how our team or how the U21 program could be better.

Our nations' future is bright. We've had a significant increase in the number of NZ managers and part of that statistic are returning managers hoddy and colesy who will for sure add their expertise to the U21 team so that we can one day be as competitive as we had been in the past.

Finally, I'd like to thank those who have supported and approved of my job thus far. We have unfinished business that I'd like to settle. Lets do it!