BuzzerBeater Forums

Utopia - IV.25 > Train or sell?

Train or sell?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/14/2019 20:23:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, I'm looking to rebuild my Utopia team. I sold most of my better players and I've decided that i want to focus on two trainees from now on instead of 3.

I'm also intrigued on the idea of building a pro-defensive team, starting with my guards Not sure on what offense to run, but I do like the outside offenses. I was interested in including my top pick in this draft to that equation. Anyways, here is my top draft pick:

C.Thacker
4/8/8/8/7/8 and 3/1/8/3
MVP potential and 19 years old, 6'1"

His age and height doesn't help with addressing the inside skills. Is it possible for me to play a zone defense to negate the poor ID and just raise the OD to enormous levels? Don't mind selling him if need be, but I'd like to see what I can make out of him, perhaps as a role player off the bench. Thanks

This Post:
300882.2 in reply to 300882.1
Date: 08/15/2019 06:55:47
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Personally I think I'd sell him. At 19, 60 tsp would be the minimum for me (I prefer higher still), especially with his potential, as its wasted if you don't get at least close to the cap. I aslo think his IS and ID, which in my mind are essential for every position, no matter what league level, are far too low to ever be able to do anything about. His outside skills are good for a potential PG but I have found even PGs with high passing and low shooting will still try to score more than you'd like and usually miss.

Is it possible for me to play a zone defense to negate the poor ID and just raise the OD to enormous levels?

It is possible. I did it in D2 with my main team quite a long time ago. I seem to recall I needed the most expensive team in the league to promote and usually now pay a lot less in salaries.

This Post:
300882.3 in reply to 300882.2
Date: 08/15/2019 10:38:45
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for you thoughts