BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
296495.2 in reply to 296495.1
Date: 10/24/2018 17:52:53
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
I'll throw the first post out here...I'm not running for this election. I've enjoyed being the u21 manager (mostly!) and I can see myself going for it again in the future, but lets see what somebody else can do for these next two seasons? I might need to build some enthusiasm back up again, and I've got a feeling from an ideas point of view I work better from the outside rather than being the main man.

I would be happy to work with the new manager in any way if they're interested in my help/input though. Let me know if you do...I might do some scouting in the next few days and I can send my player database across to you to save you a bunch of the boring work too (I'll remove all players over 21 now, no need for you to see those...)

I just thought I'd clear that up early on as last time I was on the fence a bit then ran late on.

Good luck to anyone who stands :)

This Post:
296495.4 in reply to 296495.3
Date: 10/27/2018 16:35:18
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
All of these questions are at everyone standing:

- Have you got any particular victories with your club sides that you're proud of? Be they "weird" tactical choices, examples of outthinking your opposition, or victories against a club with a lot more salary than yourself, etc...(post a link! in either BB or BM)

- Are there any particular strengths or weakness you bring / will need to deal with?

- What are you most excited about / what's the main reason you chose to run?

- If you become manager are you prepared for the initial scouting mission? (it is doable as one person with a nation our size, but it still takes some hours work, with the deadline of the enthusiasm reset before the first official game).
While the tactical stuff / picking the right players will be the most important thing to get good results, this is almost the most important thing / is the base of reaching full potential as a team. (I was great at the scouting, but less good at putting the research towards anything positive...)

No pressure to answer all of those, I'm just looking for more of an insight of who will be the best choice.

This Post:
296495.5 in reply to 296495.3
Date: 10/28/2018 12:31:52
Bournemouth Drunkers
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
No problem at all :)

I think the most exciting thing for me it is the chance to analyze and select players from different teams and see how the Managers have trained them. It is incredible, like real national team, that you can put togheter a team from other teams.
Also the opportunity to play against different country, that is something that you can do only on BBB and I don’t have this chance unfortunately ahha

This Post:
296495.7 in reply to 296495.4
Date: 10/28/2018 12:55:06
Bournemouth Drunkers
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Berg!

I had 3 victories that I am proud of. Firstly the win that gave me the opportunity to reach the EBBL, I planned all season long to play that match and when I won it was like a long plan finally completed. Secondly the win in the semifinal of the cup two seasons ago, it still is the highest peak of my career ( unfortunately then I lost against you :p). And thirdly the win in game 3 of last season playout, I knew it was an hard game, I choose to play with an inside offense as I thought my opponent would put an outside defense..and fortunately I was right!

I think that one of my strength is that I trained some players for our U21 NT and they are still in my team, as they have become key players for me. So I have experience with this kind of players. A weakness could be the fact that I haven’t had any experience like this one before and it could be different to scout a National team compared to ‘normal’ team.

The most exciting thing, as I wrote in the post before, it is for sure the opportunity to built a team from other teams and put togheter the work that different manager have done.

If I ever become the NT manager I have already prepared a plan to scout all the players we need. Fortunately we don’t have too many series to scout (and unfortunately we don’t have a big selection ahah). However I will be glad to work with you for the NT, as I think you are a very good GM and surely you have more experience then me. Also I prefer to be in a working team.

Last edited by Mr JJ at 10/28/2018 13:54:08

This Post:
296495.8 in reply to 296495.6
Date: 10/28/2018 13:56:48
Bournemouth Drunkers
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
You’re right!!

But when you build some such good players then it is good for your own team too.
It is like you have great player for free ahah

Last edited by Mr JJ at 10/28/2018 13:57:35

This Post:
296495.9 in reply to 296495.4
Date: 10/29/2018 06:38:58
BC Black Dragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Bergkamp, I'll try and answer those questions as best I can!

I think the best victory I can think of was in season 42 when I beat Club Deportivo in the cup, I know he probably played a weakened team but I didn't really have a strong squad at that point and I pulled out the 3 point victory and I was quite shocked to be honest. (101889379)

Similar to what Mr JJ has said, I too have trained players for our U21's, so I have experience with training players. I suppose one weakness is that I've not got any major game experience, I've never been in the EBBL, I've made the Playoff Semis in D2, but other than that and that cup win I don't have much big game experience. But there's only one way to gain that experience!

I suppose I'm sort of excited to try and write match reports about each game, (will be tough at first having never done one before XD) but it's a challenge I'm looking forward too. The main reason I chose to run was because I'm looking for a different sort of challenge on BuzzerBeater and I'd also like to see what I can do with the squad going forward.

I feel like I will be prepared for the initial scouting mission, I do realise that it will take me a lot of time at the beginning but once I have a spreadsheet set up or something I feel I can work with, it will make things easier for me when I track the progress of the younger players out the draft etc.

In terms of the tactics, I will pick what I feel is the best choice for the team that we are playing, if I feel they are playing 3-2 zone, I'll look inside, that sort of thing, however, that also depends on the skills of the players on the squad as to whether that is a viable option. (Not sure if that was a question but thought I'd answer it anyway).

Think that answers everything!