BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
296455.2 in reply to 296455.1
Date: 10/24/2018 14:37:13
Overall Posts Rated:
With 22 seasons approaching and the 21st season I have been the winningest coach in Division Five coach and about to become the winningest coach in division Iv this season. I have successfully played in every decade and have built the best team I have ever had on my main team. I feel like I know every tactic and if I can get a good core of NBBA Veterans like our national team staff to work on game shape as many people have said that its one of my weaknesses I would like to work on building the player pool and win some meaningful games with my core and keep the same players. Also I would like to rebuild the roster.

I would like to help build the player pool!!! I have worked with Sahand been a scout on the Under 21 staff for many seasons and tried to help build it up from the bottom. I have always been focus on player development and I have worked as a middle scout on several Under 21 teams and it is still weak because we don’t have consistent managers training the core.

This Post:
296455.4 in reply to 296455.3
Date: 10/24/2018 19:46:52
Overall Posts Rated:
I am running for manager of the USA U21.

First off, I’m typing this on my phone so please forgive any grammatical mistakes that Siri believes should be included.

I believe what this team and term needs is a tactician, first and foremost. We have a scouting pipeline that is working well the majority of time but has a slight hole in a couple areas. Let me forthright in saying part of that hole was my responsibility to shore up last season before work took over and I was unable to be around as much. I have no shame in admitting more could have been done from myself in that position but as I’ll tell anyone that ever asks, real life comes first. We are now towards the end of football season and work will be slower for the entirety of the term. I needed to address that since I know it will be brought up either here or within the Discord community.

As I was saying on tactics, my resume includes guiding the Nippon U21 for the past four seasons with unprecedented success in terms of wins, rankings, and even their first ever trophy. As a USA club manager(with a previous team, Shrewsbury Honeybadgers), I took a Div. III team on an amazing Cup journey to the semifinals. I’ve played as a favorite, and more importantly for this team as an underdog, plenty of times to know how to pull the trigger on tactics and personnel to make the difference.

Speaking of that Shrewsbury Honeybadgers team, yes that is the one that had a roster of over 1700. It was fun.

In the past I’ve worked as a USA U21 scout for every position, and trained players that made the U21 for USA, Israel, Spain, and at one point had 5 of the 12 players on Nippon U21.

I’ll gladly answer any questions here, on Discord(which grew to what it is after myself and Chek used it for a NT debate on FML LIVE!), or via BB-Mail. I ask you for your vote, and my God bless these United States of BuzzerBeater America.

I once had a team with 1757 players and was $25,835,360 in debt. This is not that team. Join the Discord group open to anyone, but especially for USA managers to improve your club or get involved with the U21 and NT programs (https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2).
This Post:
296455.5 in reply to 296455.1
Date: 10/24/2018 20:08:01
Jim Almeidas Janitor Crew
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jim Almeidas Backups
Hey everybody!

My name is Antwon and I am running for your new U21 coach. Being the coach is a huge responsibility and after enough experience and being closely involved with both the U21 and the national team the last few seasons, I finally feel qualified and capable of doing so.

I have been playing this game for 23 seasons now so with my knowledge matched up with other staff members, I feel like I can do great things for this country the next 2 seasons. I have been part of the USA staff for a few seasons now as well so I am sure some of you may recognize me and if so, Hello again!

The obvious main focus for me as coach would be to get this country back on track and win Americas, followed by the more-important worlds championship. It is clear to everyone that we hit a bit of a rough patch the past few seasons and I know I can get us back to a comfortable position. Setting this team up for success in the future after this term would also be a top priority of mine.

Feel free to ask me any questions! Let's win some championships

This Post:
296455.6 in reply to 296455.1
Date: 10/24/2018 23:29:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey, everybody!

I'm Orko. I've been playing this game since Season 11 and have had some success with my club team. I've also been active to varying degrees in the discussions around both the U21 and NT for a long time. I've done a fair bit of training for U21 over the course of my BB career, as well as training up Aubrey Bliss for the NT. I also did a lot of scouting for the teams in the distant past before most of the work was moved from the offsite to the Discord.

Mostly, I've tried to make it a point to be available to offer training and tactics advice to anybody who asked over the years.

I just tanked my way out of the NBBA (after reaching my goal of getting into the 100-win club!), and am interested in switching my focus to training and the NT's for a while. I'd love to take the reins of the team!

Message deleted